Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I allowed myself an App check after reading this and EDD just updated:

OD 2/20, expected Delivery March
EDD 1 May 1 - May 29
EDD 2 (3/17) April 15 - May 20
M3P MSM/White, no FSD
Atlanta

Fwiw- EDD updated sometime after 9am EST today.
This is the tid bit I was curious on, when people have seen updates, when do they come through. I ordered 02/24 and still am showing same delivery date, 3 weeks later :(

They do this because they want to squeeze in as many sales as possible before reporting quarterly numbers since they are a publicly traded company,
If end of the quarter push is the goal, I guess it makes sense to push em out the front door to all the Cali peeps that are waiting, as that is cheaper/quicker then sending them on the slow boat across the country.

It is frustrating that a Cali person can put in an order significantly later then an East coast person, then take delivery of said car BEFORE the east coast guy gets a VIN... o_O

Reactions: RuffRidinNole
If end of the quarter push is the goal, I guess it makes sense to push em out the front door to all the Cali peeps that are waiting, as that is cheaper/quicker then sending them on the slow boat across the country.

It is frustrating that a Cali person can put in an order significantly later then an East coast person, then take delivery of said car BEFORE the east coast guy gets a VIN... o_O
Couldn't agree more...

• Love
Reactions: Rodney!

Although frustrating, it makes sense from a financial standpoint. I also wouldn't hold it against a Californian who happens to live in the same state as the factory. I'm sure Texans are going to love Model Y delivery windows in the near future and Cyber Truck deliveries next year.

Curious if anyone else has run into this issue recently, as I’m not seeing it on recent posts.

I am in the SF Bay Area. I ordered a M3P black/black, no FSD, on 2/24/22. Originally, the EDD was “March 2022,” which was the same thing the website said at order as well.

Then, in early march (after order placed and the EDD had read “march” for about a week), the EDD changed to simply say TBD. It has remained that way for several weeks now. I spoke to my sales rep yesterday and she said their “internal forecasting tool” is showing something closer to mid-April, but that I could still “get a call any day.” Either way, still no calendar dates for a delivery window estimate, just an ominous “TBD” which makes me nervous it will simply remain open ended.

Anyone seen this/have any thoughts?

Out of curiosity, how many people never got any updates until right before their delivery? It seems as though the timelines shift and move for everyone, mostly closer, which is great. Has anyone had 1 EDD and it stayed the same and then got a call about a VIN in that EDD (in these times) with no updates ever along the way?

Curious if anyone else has run into this issue recently, as I’m not seeing it on recent posts.

I am in the SF Bay Area. I ordered a M3P black/black, no FSD, on 2/24/22. Originally, the EDD was “March 2022,” which was the same thing the website said at order as well.

Then, in early march (after order placed and the EDD had read “march” for about a week), the EDD changed to simply say TBD. It has remained that way for several weeks now. I spoke to my sales rep yesterday and she said their “internal forecasting tool” is showing something closer to mid-April, but that I could still “get a call any day.” Either way, still no calendar dates for a delivery window estimate, just an ominous “TBD” which makes me nervous it will simply remain open ended.

Anyone seen this/have any thoughts?
I have never heard of a TBD. Maybe others have. Seeing as you are in CA, I would think you won't be waiting too long before another update.

Out of curiosity, how many people never got any updates until right before their delivery? It seems as though the timelines shift and move for everyone, mostly closer, which is great. Has anyone had 1 EDD and it stayed the same and then got a call about a VIN in that EDD (in these times) with no updates ever along the way?
I'm sure it's possible and has happened before. This system seems pretty hands-off until you have a VIN assigned. At which point, a real human will contact you to schedule delivery. Until then, we are at the mercy of a computer algorithm.

Final DCU update - everything is finalized (at basically the last possible second!). Here's the timeline since I would have loved to know this before I started. Again, open your DCU accounts NOW if you're financing with them to make this process infinitely less stressful. The longest process was getting the account open, after that the loan process was almost instant. All times are in PST.
- 3/15 6:45am: Applied for DCU membership online
- Called DCU a few times over the next few days to see if my app could be expedited. No dice.
- 3/18 6:50am: DCU membership finally got approved.
- Filled out loan app immediately
- Called DCU loan dept right after filling out the loan app, got into the phone queue system for a 3-4 hour wait
- 3/18 10:00am: Received a call back from a loan officer
- The loan officer had me send over my MVPA and she reviewed it while I was on the the phone.
- She approved my application immediately, gave me the loan terms, and told me to look out for a docusign email
- 3/18 11:30am: Received docusign email, signed the paperwork immediately
- 3/18 11:50am: Received the check scan
- 3/18 12:30pm: Received FedEx info

I sent the tracking info and the check scan over to my Tesla delivery center which is all they need for the loan. All set for my delivery tomorrow but whew, what a process. Getting ahold of anyone at DCU is a total PITA, but once you do, they're friendly and helpful.

Also: DCU's lowest rate (with direct deposit + the EV discount) is now 1.74%! The rate jumped by .5% today, ugh.

Final DCU update - everything is finalized (at basically the last possible second!). Here's the timeline since I would have loved to know this before I started. Again, open your DCU accounts NOW if you're financing with them to make this process infinitely less stressful. The longest process was getting the account open, after that the loan process was almost instant. All times are in PST.
- 3/15 6:45am: Applied for DCU membership online
- Called DCU a few times over the next few days to see if my app could be expedited. No dice.
- 3/18 6:50am: DCU membership finally got approved.
- Filled out loan app immediately
- Called DCU loan dept right after filling out the loan app, got into the phone queue system for a 3-4 hour wait
- 3/18 10:00am: Received a call back from a loan officer
- The loan officer had me send over my MVPA and she reviewed it while I was on the the phone.
- She approved my application immediately, gave me the loan terms, and told me to look out for a docusign email
- 3/18 11:30am: Received docusign email, signed the paperwork immediately
- 3/18 11:50am: Received the check scan
- 3/18 12:30pm: Received FedEx info

I sent the tracking info and the check scan over to my Tesla delivery center which is all they need for the loan. All set for my delivery tomorrow but whew, what a process. Getting ahold of anyone at DCU is a total PITA, but once you do, they're friendly and helpful.

Also: DCU's lowest rate (with direct deposit + the EV discount) is now 1.74%! The rate jumped by .5% today, ugh.
I went online, applied for a membership and got one immediately. I also applied for the loan right after and was approved.

I'm wondering now if I'm locked into the lower rate or not since one email stated something about calling them to finalize a loan.

I'm going to be pissed if I can't get the advertised rate now because I was going to apply at my bank if not and they have now gone up as well.

I went online, applied for a membership and got one immediately. I also applied for the loan right after and was approved.

I'm wondering now if I'm locked into the lower rate or not since one email stated something about calling them to finalize a loan.

I'm going to be pissed if I can't get the advertised rate now because I was going to apply at my bank if not and they have now gone up as well.

I was told the rate is not locked in until the loan is finalized meaning check is issued and agreement signed. Rates can change until then :/

• Informative
Reactions: jessepotter