Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduated from this thread yesterday.

M3P, White Exterior, Black Interior, no FSD, Los Angeles

2/19: Ordered LR, EDD May 2022
2/20: EDD May 15 - June 12
2/20: Switched to M3P, EDD remains May 15 - June 12
2/25: EDD April 19 - May 17
3/15: EDD March 18 - March 27
3/15: Received VIN and EDD changed to March 16 - March 22
3/16: Got text to schedule delivery; scheduled for 3/19 in-store pickup
3/17: Called to see if I could get earlier delivery; was told that the car had just arrived at the service center so there was nothing they could do until the car got inspected.
3/18: Called again to see if I could do delivery today; to my surprise they said sure. An hour later, I got a call from the service center and they even offered at-home delivery. Car got dropped off at the tail end of the window. Other than some minor panel gap issues and one very, very tiny scratch on one of the wheels, the car came out great. Already scheduled my service appointment for the gaps.

Excited to be a part of the family for real now!

How do you delay and does it affect the price any?
I have been told you call/text your advisor and put it on hold. My plan was to wait until April or May, and put it on hold for 90 days.

Price is still locked in. I anticipated the price increase and ordered, even though I am planning on taking delivery in Q3. If I "have" to take delivery earlier, I wont be upset. Just hoping to get a few more grand in savings first.

M3P, Red Multi/White, no FSD
Pickup location: Alpharetta, GA
OD: 2/20/22
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2: (2/22/22): March 9 - March 31
EDD3: (2/26/22): March 14-March 26
EDD4: (3/1/22): vin and new dates March 17 - March 21
EDD5: (3/6/22): Schedule Delivery March 19
Delivery: (3/19/22): Picked up M3P

So it happened. Picked her up yesterday with only 5 miles on odometer. Double pane front glass, Ryzen, heated wipers, and steering. Already added my mud flaps, and rubber floor mats. Tint is scheduled for Tuesday.
I used the Tesla checklist app to review everything and found a few service issues, nothing to serious. Service appointment was scheduled on the spot for fixes and Homelink install.

Here is the list in case anyone is curious:
  • missing seal trim near driver's side trunk lid
  • trunk slightly off center
  • passenger side mirror moulding loose
  • small chip on front bumper
  • pinky finger gap between driver's door and dashboard while passenger door and dashboard is tight
  • slightly raised qtr panels at trunk hinges
  • headlights didn't appear flush with bumper

IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6226.JPG

IMG_6225.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6218.jpg
    IMG_6218.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
EDD6: (3/18/22): Picked up M3P
WOW! car looks stunning! Congrats and good luck with it! 😍

Now, on to my b!tch!ing... You ordered and had a vin within 10 days, and took delivery in ~1 month. I ordered the day before you, and I still have yet to get a vin... I could see if you were in Cali, but we are both east coast... 🤯🤔

Tesla's process for distributing cars does not remotely make sense and just seems to be completely random. Even the SA i spoke to earlier this week said "oh, you should have gotten your car already...." #frustrated 🤕🥴

Reactions: Nick65 and Tony_YYZ
EDD1: March 2022
EDD2: (2/22/22): March 9 - March 31
EDD3: (2/26/22): March 14-March 26
EDD5: (3/6/22): Schedule Delivery March 19
Delivery: (3/19/22): Picked up M3P

So it happened. Picked her up yesterday with only 5 miles on odometer. Double pane front glass, Ryzen, heated wipers, and steering. Already added my mud flaps, and rubber floor mats. Tint is scheduled for Tuesday.
I used the Tesla checklist app to review everything and found a few service issues, nothing to serious. Service appointment was scheduled on the spot for fixes and Homelink install.

Here is the list in case anyone is curious:
  • missing seal trim near driver's side trunk lid
  • trunk slightly off center
  • passenger side mirror moulding loose
  • small chip on front bumper
  • pinky finger gap between driver's door and dashboard while passenger door and dashboard is tight
  • slightly raised qtr panels at trunk hinges
  • headlights didn't appear flush with bumper

View attachment 783498
View attachment 783497
View attachment 783496
Congratulations - Red looks GREAT!

WOW! car looks stunning! Congrats and good luck with it! 😍

Now, on to my b!tch!ing... You ordered and had a vin within 10 days, and took delivery in ~1 month. I ordered the day before you, and I still have yet to get a vin... I could see if you were in Cali, but we are both east coast... 🤯🤔

Tesla's process for distributing cars does not remotely make sense and just seems to be completely random. Even the SA i spoke to earlier this week said "oh, you should have gotten your car already...." #frustrated 🤕🥴
It's the premium red color, man. Those of us with cheaper colors have to wait longer. I would rather wait an extra couple of weeks to not have a car that was rushed out for the quarter with multiple quality issues. My car is going straight from the lot to the PPF shop a mile down the road. Any panel gaps or, God forbid, chips in my paint, are going to cause a huge issue for me.

• Funny
Reactions: Rodney!
It's the premium red color, man. Those of us with cheaper colors have to wait longer. I would rather wait an extra couple of weeks to not have a car that was rushed out for the quarter with multiple quality issues. My car is going straight from the lot to the PPF shop a mile down the road. Any panel gaps or, God forbid, chips in my paint, are going to cause a huge issue for me.
wait... i got the "cheap" car?!? WHHHATTTT?!? 😱

Well, i sure hope our Q2 cars are perfect. or in my case, Q3 2023... 🤠

Hello all, I am a quite anxious person wanting to make sure I do everything right to anticipate a somewhat decent EDD.

I ordered tesla for the very first time and have been reading forum to make sure EDD is not too long by completing the tasks early and hopefully will not get pushed back further.

When I ordered M3P white/black no FSD, it showed April 2022, the night After EDD showed May-June.

I live in NYC, and currently pick up location is in Brooklyn, according to what I’ve been reading, delivery location matters and Mt. Kisco location seems to be famous in here.

Should I change the delivery location to Mt Kisco and hoping EDD stays, gets earlier, or not get pushed back?

Thank you!

I ordered tesla for the very first time

When I ordered M3P white/black no FSD, it showed April 2022, the night After EDD showed May-June.

I live in NYC, and currently pick up location is in Brooklyn, according to what I’ve been reading, delivery location matters and Mt. Kisco location seems to be famous in here.

Should I change the delivery location to Mt Kisco and hoping EDD stays, gets earlier, or not get pushed back?

congrats on the order! Yes, the default website EDD is VERY optimistic, especially in this EV crazy time we live in...

As far as Mt. Kisco delivery, that would be up to you. Imho, Mt. Kisco would be more laid back then Brooklyn, but i would just pick the location that is easiest/most convenient for you. Since they are both in the same geographical area, my guess would be similar EDD between the two locations. BUT, take that with a grain of salt, as the Tesla EDD dartboard does not make sense to me...

It seems like a lot of New Englanders come down to Mt. Kisco, even though their are delivery centers in Albany NY and Boston. not sure why that is. I am ~20 minutes from Mt. Kisco, so it was easy for me.

Hello all, I am a quite anxious person wanting to make sure I do everything right to anticipate a somewhat decent EDD.

I ordered tesla for the very first time and have been reading forum to make sure EDD is not too long by completing the tasks early and hopefully will not get pushed back further.

Thank you!
Congrads on car! Seems like your in a similar situation to those of us in the NE (at time of deposit, Tesla indicates an April delivery, then immediately afterwards you get a May-June EDD). Doubtful changing your pickup location to MK would change anything other than being more inconvenient for you, and quite frankly making any changes may murk up the EDD waters even more. I ordered my M3P MSM/Black No FSD from MK on 3/3, and at time of order (and even before I got the 5/13-6/10 EDD), the SA informed me delivery would probably by early May, but perhaps late April. Just hang in there!

Thank you!
Congrats on your order!

Here comes the bad news. You ordered the car with no premium options (white color, back interior) and live near the East coast. Get ready to wait a long time and watch numerous people here who ordered after you get their cars. Sorry to bring negativity, but that's just how it works around here.

Congrats on your order!

Here comes the bad news. You ordered the car with no premium options (white color, back interior) and live near the East coast. Get ready to wait a long time and watch numerous people here who ordered after you get their cars. Sorry to bring negativity, but that's just how it works around here.
But they have the advantage of ordering a Performance. So they will get priority over the lower trims but still probably at the back of the Performance line.

Like you said though, that's just the way it is.

Reactions: cpayne5