Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
Dallas, TX
Originally ordered a LR on 1/3
EDD March
Switched order to M3P on 2/20
MSM white interior no FSD

EDD of March
EDD then 3/26 - 3/30
Vin assigned 3/15
Delivery date scheduled for: 3/26

Picked up on time on 3/26. Flawless delivery!
I've back scrolled and yours is the last posted M3P delivery here - what's your VIN?

On the brink of getting VINned:
EDD 3-17April
OD 1/29 M3P Black Black
No FSD Las Vegas

What's the latest to look out for?

Last go around was AMD Ryzen chip, Li-ion battery, wiper heaters and Front Double-Paned windows...

imho, Tesla trade in numbers are lower then what you can get from other dealers. Last month, Tesla's "soft" offer for my truck was $42000. With tax credit that was roughly $45000 total, which was ok with me. But they could not commit to that number, because my EDD was so far out. They will not officially make an offer on your trade till your car is ~30 days out. Long story longer, on president's day i shopped my truck to 7 dealers on the "strip" near me. I sold the truck to a Toyota dealer for $47000, netting me roughly $2000 more then the Tesla offer total. I have other vehicles, so I didn't need that particular one, so i went with it.

Regarding financing, that would be up to you. You can wait till you get a vin, then pursue financing either through Tesla or locally. Personally, i am going with a local credit union for 72 months, to keep my monthly payment low as this is a "luxury" purchase. Everyone is different, and my local CU rates are aggressive enough that a 72 mo loan has relatively little interest. YMMV.
Yeah I have a 2015 F150 5.0 Lariat with 72k miles and I've tried Carmax, autonation, vroom and I don't remember what else and it ranges from 31.5k to 27k on the low end, Ford was offering me 28k plus a 2k "special" I don't know why. I wish I had the time and patience to private sell it I believe I could get a little bit more, it has KO2 new tires, brand new Fox suspension, a K&N intake system and I'm the only owner since mile 1 it's been taken care of. I know most of that stuff doesn't matter unless you have the buyer for it. I will try going with my local credit union as well. Thanks for the reply!
The general consensus is to leave the options as "cash" and "no trade" up until you have a VIN assigned. Here's why:

Once you select financing, (by calling a SA and asking them to change if you did not select it at order), your credit takes a hard inquiry. Depending on who Tesla is partnering with for financing, that credit approval will need renewed every 60 days (sometimes sooner). Which means you will have to manually go into the app and ask it to run your credit for approval again (with another hard inquiry) every 60 days. Also, reports here have suggested that forgetting to do this step can DELAY YOUR ORDER until it is completed again. It's easier to just wait until you know the car is closer to delivery. If you have access to a credit union, you can probably get better rates through them anyway.

The trade in is a similar deal with the value Tesla gives you being good for only 30 days. You have to renew this value manually after updating the mileage of your vehicle. (This can also possibly delay the delivery of your vehicle). As others have said, there are numerous websites and local dealerships that will buy your vehicle and most, (if not all), will give you more value for it even if considering a tax deduction as is the case in my state.
I will do that then, that's really useful information that I have not seen anywhere else. Thank you so much !

Reactions: jessepotter
I've back scrolled and yours is the last posted M3P delivery here - what's your VIN?

On the brink of getting VINned:
EDD 3-17April
OD 1/29 M3P Black Black
No FSD Las Vegas

What's the latest to look out for?

Last go around was AMD Ryzen chip, Li-ion battery, wiper heaters and Front Double-Paned windows...
Following this! Was wondering if there are any new additional minimal upgrades to look forward to since we are now in Q2.

Hi all,

I just ordered a black on black Model 3 Performance today. Will be switching from a 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport. The Alfa has been a fantastic vehicle, but I am looking forward to something different, the lack of exhaust fumes, and 11 second quarter mile runs.

Hoping to join in on the conversations here as time goes on.

Airflow
Updating for EDD:

When ordering on 3/13/2022: May
First EDD range: May 18 - June 29
Updated EDD: May 13 - June 17

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD

OD: 3/4: EDD April

3/5 EDD: Apr 30-May 28
3/19 EDD: Apr 5-May 3
3/25 EDD: Apr 4 – June 4
3/25 EDD: Apr 30 – June 4
3/30 EDD Apr 10 - Apr 24
4/4 EDD May 3 – May 31

Hmm and the myth that Red cars are delivered sooner just disappeared. They just pushed back delivery by a month, not cool.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD

3/30 EDD Apr 10 - Apr 24
4/4 EDD May 3 – May 31

Hmm and the myth that Red cars are delivered sooner just disappeared. They just pushed back delivery by a month, not cool.

Do you have a trade in or anything else that could possibly delay things? Frustrating to say the least.

Rhode Island

M3P Red/Black, no FSD

3/30 EDD Apr 10 - Apr 24
4/4 EDD May 3 – May 31

You we're one of the rare instances where they gave an EDD the same month as what was shown when you ordered so it makes sense they pushed it out. I know that doesn't help with the longer wait though. Hopefully they start pulling these EDD's in sooner.

Reactions: argar
My EDD changed to 4-11/5-9 from may/June

I screwed up and got pre approved for a loan a while back which expires 4/21 if I don't submit paper work by then so I hope they send me something before then, the same banks rates went up so I'll be losing that loan interest rate...

Just checked my Tesla account and I had to update my trade in milage. I didn't receive a text or alert on the app, so I'm not sure how long its been like that. If you're trading in make sure you stay on top of your Tesla account. FYI its been about 42 days since I placed my order.

Reactions: Nick65