Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked him if the car had been damaged and he told me no and that the weather has caused a lot of issues/delays. I mean there is potential tornados/hail/etc in the mid west so it's possible but 7+ days seems excessive. If it was a couple of days I could understand. Ah well what can you do. 2022 for you.
Yeah the 14 day delay due to bad weather in one region seems bizarre. Where are they keeping the car in the meantime, I doubt they will be paying to have it insured on the back of a car carrier for most of that time.

Reactions: Rodney!
Yeah the 14 day delay due to bad weather in one region seems bizarre. Where are they keeping the car in the meantime, I doubt they will be paying to have it insured on the back of a car carrier for most of that time.
Yeah seems kinda sketchy. If the car is just waiting on some parts then tell me. If it had significant damage I would hope they would send me a different car (which might be what is happening). Who knows. I am so busy this week, next week would be better anyway so I was not too upset.

Is Tesla at least saving some of the matrix headlights for the performance models or are new M3P being delivered with the old headlights?
I was at the Naperville sales center today checking on my LR M3 and saw a woman with a printed checklist going over a White M3P with white interior. It had the old headlights, but at least it had a charging port, which mine is still waiting on at the same location. She was fiddling with the rear spoiler at the corner of one side and she was doing a very thorough inspection. Car looked great as far as panel gaps go from what I saw from 2 angles.

I was at the Naperville sales center today checking on my LR M3 and saw a woman with a printed checklist going over a White M3P with white interior. It had the old headlights, but at least it had a charging port, which mine is still waiting on at the same location. She was fiddling with the rear spoiler at the corner of one side and she was doing a very thorough inspection. Car looked great as far as panel gaps go from what I saw from 2 angles.

Should have asked her what her TMC SN was. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Panel Gaps
Frankly, I was surprised at her age. Not exactly fitting the M3P buyer demographic, but who am I to judge a grandmother for wanting wicked acceleration? That, and she had a several pages-long checklist with her she was using.
Oh no way. Never judge a book by its cover I guess. Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond are all around the 60ish age (I think Hammond is in his mid to late 50s). It would have been interesting to see where she found the checklist.

By old headlights do you mean pre-matrix headlights?

Reactions: Takeaway
VIN 233XXX
Looks like mine came with the Matrix Headlights

Attachments

• 12A45A80-8E8E-471F-836E-03F95C66AFC5.jpeg
    12A45A80-8E8E-471F-836E-03F95C66AFC5.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 69
Happy Monday to everyone!

Looks like everyone’s EDDs are moving back up on average and early March as well as late March orders are set to be delivered in May to early June at the latest. Definitely a good trend, I highly doubt they are removing the brand new Matrix headlight on their highest trim model as well. So as future M3P owners, we can probably rest easy. Hopefully, lol.

Last edited:
what are the pros and cons to this new battery, is it a good thing or some cheap alternative.
From a purely performance standpoint, at least until perhaps later updates increase available max current, it seems like a pretty big step down. This honestly will only fuel the assertions (and frustrations) that a $5000-cheaper Boosted LR is as fast as an M3P.

I am not sure the 100% charge rule of thumb applies, since it is not actually an LFP battery.

But yeah, it could just be a cost-saver (or, to be less pejorative, some means to speed up production to meet demand that Panasonic couldn’t meet on their own).

I am truly hoping, though, that performance won’t suffer.

Happy Monday to everyone!

Looks like everyone’s EDDs are moving back up on average and early March as well as late March orders are set to be delivered in May to early June at the latest. Definitely a good trend, I highly doubt they are removing the brand new Matrix headlight on their highest trim model.
At this point (especially if the initial new battery assessments are true), our $5,000 is really just buying the wheels, a modest brake upgrade, and a red line on the trunk. I suppose if we get to keep the fancy headlights when others don’t, that is a plus.

At this point (especially if the initial new battery assessments are true), our $5,000 is really just buying the wheels, a modest brake upgrade, and a red line on the trunk. I suppose if we get to keep the fancy headlights when others don’t, that is a plus.
Haven’t heard about this new battery assessment. Can you fill me in on what this is about? I thought we have the new 12v Li-Ion battery. Is that one not the same as what is being discussed now?