Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes if the new battery is a hit on performance I might be glad if my car gets delayed as I might have to suck it up, lose my $250 and sit this out.
Just went back previous pages of the thread to see if I missed anything and it seems to be talking about the performance difference between 3L vs 5L battery. So far the post talks about the difference and nothing about M3P actually being delivered with 5L batteries.

I don’t think we have to worry about this one yet until we start seeing notable trend of posts and threads in M3Ps having a noticeable decrease in performance capability.

Edit #1: Just wanted to say that this is also one of the main reasons why I decided to buy M3P. I know Tesla is a company that likes to add/remove parts throughout the year unlike the traditional manufacturers. However, If there are any negative changes to the vehicles (i.e., M3LRs being shipped with old matrix headlights now), these Performance/Plaid models will take the least amount of hit. I think I chose the right decision since I have to worry less about predatory anti-consumer schemes that Tesla is pulling off in the recent years.

Last edited:
Happy Monday to everyone!

Looks like everyone’s EDDs are moving back up on average and early March as well as late March orders are set to be delivered in May to early June at the latest. Definitely a good trend, I highly doubt they are removing the brand new Matrix headlight on their highest trim model as well. So as future M3P owners, we can probably rest easy. Hopefully, lol.
I wish! 3/7 order date pushed back a whole month. I’m looking at May 29- July 3 now

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
I just changed my order today from LR to M3P in hopes of getting the Matrix headlights. I was gong to purchase the $2k speed boost anyway so honestly it's not a significant change in price (especially since I got the price of the M3P at time of LR reservation). I was also convinced to do so after a recent YouTube vid by Out of Spec where they remarked how much more comfortable the 2022 M3P was on the road versus previously M3P model years (apparently some unadvertised changes there?). Anyways, hoping I made the right decision. The loss of 50 miles or less in range isn't too big of a factor for me.

I just changed my order today from LR to M3P in hopes of getting the Matrix headlights. I was gong to purchase the $2k speed boost anyway so honestly it's not a significant change in price (especially since I got the price of the M3P at time of LR reservation). I was also convinced to do so after a recent YouTube vid by Out of Spec where they remarked how much more comfortable the 2022 M3P was on the road versus previously M3P model years (apparently some unadvertised changes there?). Anyways, hoping I made the right decision. The loss of 50 miles or less in range isn't too big of a factor for me.
Congrats great choice!!! I originally had a long range 3 and sold it cause I constantly kept wanting a M3P 🏎🔥 I keep hearing too the ride is way better on the newer performances plus add in some MPP COMFORT COILOVERS🙌🏻

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Maric
Tesla removed mention of the Performance suspension on the P3D a couple months ago and it looks like it comes with the same suspension as the LR now.

I personally wanted the lowered suspension but what can ya do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maric and Rodney!
I am being somewhat negative, but attached is the power output image I posted a few pages back. Basically, if the Performance models start shipping with the 5L (BT43) battery, then power output will match the Boosted LR except when the battery is hot (I.e. just off the charger), or at over 80% SOC. Even in those cases, we are still only talking about 5-10% more peak power, which largely largely diminishes above about 60mph.
E1B46119-F7CD-45F0-A36D-8FB56F70EB76.png

I am being somewhat negative, but attached is the power output image I posted a few pages back. Basically, if the Performance models start shipping with the 5L (BT43) battery, then power output will match the Boosted LR except when the battery is hot (I.e. just off the charger), or at over 80% SOC. Even in those cases, we are still only talking about 5-10% more peak power, which largely largely diminishes above about 60mph.
View attachment 799859
But is anyone in the US getting the 5L batteries and how would we know ?? Or is this just the MIC ones for now

Just got my Window sticker emailed to me for my M3P , few things ….
1) it says for the rear motor it’s a three phase six pole sooooo is that the 3D6 new hairpin motor or am I looking into it too much and it’s still the older 3D1 ??

2) Is there anywhere on there I’d see if it had the 5L battery or 3L ?

Attachments

• 6B1DCEA7-8524-4B40-BD78-7BB811964A48.jpeg
    6B1DCEA7-8524-4B40-BD78-7BB811964A48.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Maric
Are we starting to receive the BT43 / LG / battery now? Found this in the big “2022 Refresh” thread a while back but nobody else has been talking about it…

View attachment 799634
Is there any identifier to know if we have the 3L or 5L ?? Just got my window sticker for delivery Friday M3P California , and Is the 5L even in the US yet ?
Thank you

Attachments

• C8E5CAB8-6ECF-46C4-A249-3C5521431DE7.jpeg
    C8E5CAB8-6ECF-46C4-A249-3C5521431DE7.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 67
curious as well. my order is a expected to be delivered from not to may 6th so I need to decided asap if they changed something negatively.
My thoughts exactly and when I ask the sales agents they don’t even know what a 5L Battery is ! But based on what I’m seeing it seems like the 5L is only being released for now in China , Europe vehicles but I can’t confirm that 100 percent