Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New date today. Seems to be creeping forward not backward which would normally be a good thing if it wasn't for the headlight fiasco.

M3P, Red, White Interior, No FSD
OD: 03/22
Edd1: May 30 - July 11
Edd2: May 26 - June 30
Edd3: May 21 - June 18

I really, really hope it comes with the matrix headlights or I will have to wait for another one that will likely be August/Sept.
matrix headlights? when did those start coming? ordered mine 3/3 and EDD of May 15-19 right now

Reactions: RuTang
I actually don't think I want the matrix headlights based off the light cutoff and overall light field I have seen on comparison on the matrix vs the old LED. I much prefer the light cutoff/field of the older style lights, especially where I live where there are few streetlights. The matrix lights seem more precise but you definitely have less overall light field.

Regarding the suspension, I went into the order knowing they took mention of the lowered suspension off the website.

Here's my thoughts on it:

There were probably a lot of non-enthusiasts buying the performance trim either because they just wanted the fastest or for a shorter delivery time or whatever.

They got into it and then complained the ride was too harsh for a $60k vehicle.

Meanwhile, most enthusiasts are either lowering the car further with either springs or coilovers making the stock suspension pretty much a waste.

Tesla had a decision to make. They could make the suspension softer and reuse more parts thus lowering costs. It was a win-win.

The non-enthusiast doesn't complain as much and the enthusiast just changes out the suspension anyway.

Since this is a daily driver for me and not a track car, I'm going to drive it for a while stock and see how I feel about it. If I'm happy, it stays. If I want it lower and firmer, I'll buy some coilovers and be done with it.

So i picked up my M3P over the weekend. MSM | White | No FSD | Pittsburgh. Initially ordered on 2/14.

I can confirm that my car DOES have the Matrix headlights. It also came with the mobile connector. Everything else appears to be in line with what my overall expectations were.

I will add, the car is violently fast. Its fast enough that I don't feel comfortable fully accelerating without 2 hands on the wheel. I will also add for those discussing the ride quality. I had a LR M3 prior to this and I honestly don't feel a huge difference in ride quality between the two.

I dont know what the "born" date of the vehicle was, but the VIN is 230XXX.

Question of the day. On average how many times per day to you check the app or website to see if you've had a change in your EDD? I'm at like 5-6 which probably isn't healthy.

Easily 10-12 times a day, especially as I was approaching my date window. It didnt help that i would be reading these pages and seeing others with updates and made me want to check mine again and again.

Question of the day. On average how many times per day to you check the app or website to see if you've had a change in your EDD? I'm at like 5-6 which probably isn't healthy.
I used to check it at least 2-3 times per day, but by 8 weeks in, I pretty much just check it every couple days. Now that my delivery date got cancelled I am checking it more again hoping they will schedule a new delivery date soon.

So i picked up my M3P over the weekend. MSM | White | No FSD | Pittsburgh. Initially ordered on 2/14.

I can confirm that my car DOES have the Matrix headlights. It also came with the mobile connector. Everything else appears to be in line with what my overall expectations were.

I will add, the car is violently fast. Its fast enough that I don't feel comfortable fully accelerating without 2 hands on the wheel. I will also add for those discussing the ride quality. I had a LR M3 prior to this and I honestly don't feel a huge difference in ride quality between the two.

I'll have to second that "violently fast" comment. At a highway metering light into a straight on-ramp, I can make myself dizzy. My vision starts to blur. It takes me a couple minutes to catch my breath. The 0-60 has to be way better than 3 second.

Also, yes to matrix headlights on 242XXX

I used to check it at least 2-3 times per day, but by 8 weeks in, I pretty much just check it every couple days. Now that my delivery date got cancelled I am checking it more again hoping they will schedule a new delivery date soon.
I'm still checking it 10 times a day, and I have the car! Old habits die hard.

In the end, there was never anything useful in the app regarding delivery. The dates pushed out and in, adjust and shifted, but delivery was a text message.

m3p white/black no fsd
Phx, AZ
Cash, no trade.

Od 2/14
Edd 1: March 11 ish
Edd 2: 4/11 - 5/9
Edd 3: 5/1 - 6/5
Edd 4: 4/26 - 5/24
Edd 5: 4/30 - 5/14
Edd 6: 5/2 - 5/15

Updated this morning: 5/3

Edd 7: 5/6 - 5/16

No Vin. Guess a 10 day window is better than a 13 day window pushed back smh

Complete Clown Show and at this point im wearing a red nose.
Once again, for anyone new to Tesla, take it from me.....im glad I found this forum. I was ready to sell my current car thinking I was going to be in a new one within the timeline they reel you in with on the website. All of the dates they give you are complete BS. Dates closer, dates further....they all dont mean *sugar* until you have a VIN and a pick up date....and even then, theres people with VINs for weeks lol.

Update! M3P white/white/no fsd/ Miami Fl
Od: 2/17
Edd1: April 17 - May 15 ( February 23)
Edd2: March 16 - March 28 (February 27)
Edd3: May 11 - June 8 ( March 5 )
Edd4: April 26 - May 24 ( March 13)
Edd5: April 17 - May 15 ( March 25)
Edd6: May 03 - May 17 ( April 9 )
Edd7: May 02 - May 15 ( April 15 )
Edd8: May 09 - May 23 ( April 20 )
Edd9: May 3- May 17 ( April 26)
Vin Received ! April 26
Edd10: May 15 - May 19
Vin 239xxx
Matrix Headlights - Yes

Attachments

• IMG_CABA8CB28E89-1.jpeg
    IMG_CABA8CB28E89-1.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 78
m3p white/black no fsd
Phx, AZ
Cash, no trade.

Od 2/14
Edd 1: March 11 ish
Edd 2: 4/11 - 5/9
Edd 3: 5/1 - 6/5
Edd 4: 4/26 - 5/24
Edd 5: 4/30 - 5/14
Edd 6: 5/2 - 5/15

Updated this morning: 5/3

Edd 7: 5/6 - 5/16

No Vin. Guess a 10 day window is better than a 13 day window pushed back smh

Complete Clown Show and at this point im wearing a red nose.
Once again, for anyone new to Tesla, take it from me.....im glad I found this forum. I was ready to sell my current car thinking I was going to be in a new one within the timeline they reel you in with on the website. All of the dates they give you are complete BS. Dates closer, dates further....they all dont mean *sugar* until you have a VIN and a pick up date....and even then, theres people with VINs for weeks lol.
Have you tried checking the source code?

Reactions: RuTang

Please give us some pictures!