Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 398E6638-917C-4DC9-B0F5-7649A75878D8.jpeg
    398E6638-917C-4DC9-B0F5-7649A75878D8.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 106
Have you tried checking the source code?
No.......ive seen alot of people say they checked and found nothing. whats the benefit of knowing your vin with no correspondence from tesla as to when you can pick your car up? getting insurance earlier?

Im just curious cause once I have my vin from tesla I know ill be able to get insurance within minutes. Is any reason other than just knowing your car is built but being held somewhere?

I ordered my M3P on March 14th, due to be delivered May

but when i was logging in to my account at tesla.com it wouldnt display an estimated delivery date

I checked today and it says May 2022!!!

Does that mean its sure?
Nothing is sure. I went from March delivery to April, to having a delivery appointment in May, only to have Tesla cancel that and make me wait. Might be June before I get the car now.

No.......ive seen alot of people say they checked and found nothing. whats the benefit of knowing your vin with no correspondence from tesla as to when you can pick your car up? getting insurance earlier?

Im just curious cause once I have my vin from tesla I know ill be able to get insurance within minutes. Is any reason other than just knowing your car is built but being held somewhere?
It just means you’ve got a vehicle assigned to you instead of a vague EDD. Just another thing to check for in addition to the app everyday 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Makes_Centz
Just got an update to EDD May 5 - May 11.

Still no delivery date text.

I had just received an EDD Update of 11-16 May.

A few hours later I got my text on 1 May with a 5-7 May delivery date range.

That tells me

1) they really aren’t 100% sure when these cars are going to pop out or where they are going until they get there (or at least hit major milestones, like having the VINs registered, or showing up as actually on an outbound truck).

2) You can probably expect a ~5 day minimum between the text and your pickup date, so you could legitimately get a text in the next 3-4 days and still pick up within the established window!

Last edited:
Reactions: jessepotter
Ugh. My delivery appointment is in 3 days, and I still don’t have my financing documents back from them despite sending them 6 days ago. I am flying out to pick up the car so if Tesla screws this up this late in the game I’ll be pretty pissed.
We had our delivery date set for this weekend, did all the financing and making arrangements to pick up the car. The service center is 3 hours away. This morning we had a change in delivery date, due to shipping reasons. I called the SA and they basically said it's somewhere in transit and they don't know why it's taking this long. I'm not sure how incompetent you have to be to lose a ****ing truck full of cars.