Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
technically you and i should have highest priority of the m3p's with no FSD then
Well I don't see any of your information, but everyone in these 748 pages of comments ordered a M3P, I have 2 "upgrades" on mine, white seats and red paint. I ordered 3/22 and my delivery window right now show as May 13 - May 27 so I do feel I got bumped up because of those 2 things I added. Still it's not final and many many people that have gotten that "tight" delivery window have gotten pushed weeks or months out, even people that already have a VIN assigned.

Reactions: Not That M3
Just finalized my loan this morning, and picked up a check. 72 month @ 2.14%. It was 1.89% for up to 60 months, but i wanted to have a lower monthly payment to free up funds to pay off my mortgage earlier, so i took the $400+ interest hit for a 72 month note. Works for me.

As of tomorrow, I am paying insurance for a car I won't have for ~5 days (or more, hopefully less, not more... :p) It is $938 per year, so what is 5 days of that, $12? Worth it to have it ready rather then play games with insurance on the weekend trying to get coverage in time...

I went with SEFCU, in Albany NY. you will have to play games to get in, but once you are in, it is worth it. Their rates for up to 60 month new car recently went from 1.49% to 1.89% and for 72 months from 1.99% to 2.14%. Still significantly cheaper then most other places.

I am glad I sold my truck in late february, rather then waited for Tesla. I am sure I am $5k ahead on that deal... :)

Maybe you got pushed back because nearly every post you have here on TMC is tearing Tesla up as a company? something something karma something something... o_O

Sure, I am not super excited about the way things played out, but Tesla has ridiculous demand right now, and each quarter they are doubling what the previous years output was. At that unprecedented rate, of course there will be issues, especially for a fledgling company like Tesla.

I looked at all the other EV manufacturers and came back to Tesla, mainly for it's performance for cost and their charger network. It may not be perfect, but Tesla is top dog and I can't wait to get mine....
Who did you go with again? I think I will refinance after the first month. Thanks!

I text the SA first thing this AM and never got a response and called the Store/Service center where it will be picked up or delivered from and nobody ever answered. Sorry if I complain a lot but it's just frustrating and stressful. I want the car but have a tight window here when I will be available to get it.🤣

Reactions: Sheefo2k
Now they just called and text some bad news.😭

"I called a few moments ago to let you know your vehicle has arrived here at Bloomington. There is currently a "hold" on your vehicle to be delivered as it appears they are going to upgrade the charging inverter to the latest technology onsite."

Pretty sure I won't be available to take delivery on it now if it will be delayed much as I won't be able to miss work after monday next week. 😓

Thanks Rodney. Congrats on being ALMOST all the way there and securing your financing.

With SEFCU, did you need your VIN # to lock in a rate?

edit: I don't see where I can be qualified to join.
No, i didn't need a VIN. I actually, didn't even apply this go around... Since I was a member since 2019 (previous car loan) I got a "pre approved loan" code on 4/11. It was perfect timing, as I redeemed it they day i got the VIN. At that point, i locked in the 2.14% rate. Today I signed digitally, but drove and physically picked up a check, as that will be easier to deal with in case i reject the car...

You can be a member, you just have to play the game. easiest way is to pick a church in the Albany area, and say you worship there... :p

Who did you go with again? I think I will refinance after the first month. Thanks!
SEFCU, in Albany NY.
Now they just called and text some bad news.😭

"I called a few moments ago to let you know your vehicle has arrived here at Bloomington. There is currently a "hold" on your vehicle to be delivered as it appears they are going to upgrade the charging inverter to the latest technology onsite."

Pretty sure I won't be available to take delivery on it now if it will be delayed much as I won't be able to miss work after monday next week. 😓
that sucks bro, but it seems to be commonplace in this thread for the last few weeks. I sure the F hope my car has whatever charge port jammy it needs... 🤞🤞🤞

otherwise I will be contacting my Attorney General and SUE! SUE! SUE!
giphy.webp

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

No, i didn't need a VIN. I actually, didn't even apply this go around... Since I was a member since 2019 (previous car loan) I got a "pre approved loan" code on 4/11. It was perfect timing, as I redeemed it they day i got the VIN. At that point, i locked in the 2.14% rate. Today I signed digitally, but drove and physically picked up a check, as that will be easier to deal with in case i reject the car...

You can be a member, you just have to play the game. easiest way is to pick a church in the Albany area, and say you worship there... :p

SEFCU, in Albany NY.

that sucks bro, but it seems to be commonplace in this thread for the last few weeks. I sure the F hope my car has whatever charge port jammy it needs... 🤞🤞🤞

otherwise I will be contacting my Attorney General and SUE! SUE! SUE!
giphy.webp

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I wonder how long it's been delaying the cars in this thread? And whats the "new charging inverter"? I can't imagine they would change out a perfectly fine part to upgrade it to the newer part. lol

I wonder how long it's been delaying the cars in this thread? And whats the "new charging inverter"? I can't imagine they would change out a perfectly fine part to upgrade it to the newer part. lol
It sounds like what a lot of the cars are being delayed for. They probably had supply chain issues with one inverter, swapped parts and had to wait for the new inverters to come in.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
it’s amazing the number of people that are willing to accept edd bait and switch , product downgrades and price increases because Tesla….

all they have to do to fix these issues is stop using the EDD and the delivery process as a sales tactic.

I think it’s more than the EDD bait and switch. I thinks it’s the whole process after an order is received, especially how Tesla determines when you car will be built. I understand that the EDD range is an estimate. But Tesla doesn’t give you a single estimate, they give you 4,5,6+ estimates.

Elon in a recent earnings call said that the backlog for cars is very long. And that they saw a huge spike in sales due to the EV commercials during the Super Bowl. Then there is the 100k orders from Hertz. I’m surprised that Tesla isn’t building other models besides the Y in Austin. I know the plan is to build the Cyber Truck and the Semi in Austin but that seems like it’s still years away.

Your VIN was 237xxx right? I have the same charging port issue also and mine is 2365xx. Anyone else with a VIN near ours should prepare to be disappointed.

Reactions: Blacktes24
I think it’s more than the EDD bait and switch. I thinks it’s the whole process after an order is received, especially how Tesla determines when you car will be built. I understand that the EDD range is an estimate. But Tesla doesn’t give you a single estimate, they give you 4,5,6+ estimates.

Elon in a recent earnings call said that the backlog for cars is very long. And that they saw a huge spike in sales due to the EV commercials during the Super Bowl. Then there is the 100k orders from Hertz. I’m surprised that Tesla isn’t building other models besides the Y in Austin. I know the plan is to build the Cyber Truck and the Semi in Austin but that seems like it’s still years away.

I've done quite a few factory orders from various manufacturers and I have never seen any system I would consider "good". In a perfect world I would be able to track, in real time, where my build was in the assembly process.

Your VIN was 237xxx right? I have the same charging port issue also and mine is 2365xx. Anyone else with a VIN near ours should prepare to be disappointed.
yup 237. the guy at the store said they are having a meeting tomorrow about it and he is making my car a priority as I explained my ability to pick up this week was a perfect fit and next week later isn't good.

he told me the part has been allocated and is in route. have you heard anything about how long you might have to wait?

Reactions: Panel Gaps
yup 237. the guy at the store said they are having a meeting tomorrow about it and he is making my car a priority as I explained my ability to pick up this week was a perfect fit and next week later isn't good.

he told me the part has been allocated and is in route. have you heard anything about how long you might have to wait?
He told me they expect the part on May 20th but he changed my delivery to May 12-16 so we'll see. I'm happy to hear they have parts available though if they already have yours on the way.

He told me they expect the part on May 20th but he changed my delivery to May 12-16 so we'll see. I'm happy to hear they have parts available though if they already have yours on the way.
Thats what he said anyways. Anxious to hear what he says tomorrow.

edit-He confirmed I do have the charging connector and the matrix headlights so I guess thats a couple things I have going for me. lol