Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which coating are you using?
To be clear, I am not that concerned about getting the fancy “Extr3me M4ximum H4rdness Triple Deep Gl0ss” coatings. I like to wash and wax my cars somewhat regularly so I bought some hybrid wax / ceramic stuff from the store that reviews indicate is probably closer to a high-end wax than what we really think of as a “ceramic coating.”

To be clear, I am not that concerned about getting the fancy “Extr3me M4ximum H4rdness Triple Deep Gl0ss” coatings. I like to wash and wax my cars somewhat regularly so I bought some hybrid wax / ceramic stuff from the store that reviews indicate is probably closer to a high-end wax than what we really think of as a “ceramic coating.”
I see what you did there.

• Funny
Reactions: mcp76
Yeah that’s what I was really asking. Whether or not you were going to apply a “wash coating” that’ll last a couple weeks, a spray on ceramic coating that‘ll last a couple months or if you were going to apply a wipe on coating that’ll last a couple years.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
"As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good."- Generation Kill, Cpl Josh Ray Person.

Today at 10:05 PDT, I got a text from the Tesla Delivery Center saying a VIN had been assigned.
praise-break-dancing.gif

I've schedule pick up for tomorrow around noon. I promise I will update the group with my findings on charger, matrix headlights, etc.. Additionally, I won't forget you all.. You have been my sincere comic and stress relief! If it wasn't for this group i'm not sure i'd still be going down this path. So thank you all.

Stand by for photos!!

Dueces
HandmadeDisastrousAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

"As the great warrior-poet Ice Cube once said, 'If the day does not require an AK, it is good."- Generation Kill, Cpl Josh Ray Person.

Today at 10:05 PDT, I got a text from the Tesla Delivery Center saying a VIN had been assigned.View attachment 800878

I've schedule pick up for tomorrow around noon. I promise I will update the group with my findings on charger, matrix headlights, etc.. Additionally, I won't forget you all.. You have been my sincere comic and stress relief! If it wasn't for this group i'm not sure i'd still be going down this path. So thank you all.

Stand by for photos!!

DuecesView attachment 800880

Congrats!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and RuTang
Finally got my VIN!! Dates below. Still need to reach out to Tesla for an actual delivery window, but dam, when Tesla hit socal with an updated EDD, they hit you with a super short window. Hopefully it stays that way
OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)
EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6
EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23
EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10
EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9
EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19
EDD #6 (4/27): 4/29 - 5/13
EDD #7 (4/30): 5/10 - 6/7
EDD #8 VIN (5/5): 5/7 - 5/11
Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal

Finally got my VIN!! Dates below. Still need to reach out to Tesla for an actual delivery window, but dam, when Tesla hit socal with an updated EDD, they hit you with a super short window. Hopefully it stays that way
OD: 2/27 (but finished all the steps on 2/28)
EDD #1 (2/28): 5/9 - 6/6
EDD #2 (3/5): 4/25 - 5/23
EDD #3 (3/31): 4/12 - 5/10
EDD #4 (4/13): 4/25 - 5/9
EDD #5 (4/18): 5/15 - 6/19
EDD #6 (4/27): 4/29 - 5/13
EDD #7 (4/30): 5/10 - 6/7
EDD #8 VIN (5/5): 5/7 - 5/11
Specs: M3P; Blue Ext/Black Int; no FSD; Socal
You picking up in Carlsbad or OC? SA said truck was passing through OC today and should possible deliver to Carlsbad tonight... Just curious..