Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that’s insane. Glad you were able to buy when you did.
You and me both.

My Model Y is also around $15k more today than when I brought it.

I'm super glad I put my order in when I did. I beat all of the Performance price increases here. If I was coming into a new car purchase today, I'd have to look elsewhere because it's just too much now. We also have 13% tax here so that just piles on.

Congrats! I am more than a little jealous with my 3/5 OD with FSD, blue/white. The rumors of “expedited delivery priority with FSD” have been grossly exaggerated.

Thanks! I'm in Southern California and I know that helps with getting a car a little faster. As far FSD goes, I know that people are still removing it before taking delivery, so it's possible Tesla isn't prioritizing FSD orders anymore. But who knows, right? Hope you get your VIN soon.

ConGratz! we have the same configuration. You’re getting yours first even though i ordered a month ahead of you. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with none of this missing or swapped parts drama.

Thanks. I hope that there are no delays for parts, and that I get the matrix headlights. VIN is 248xxx. Hope you get your VIN soon.

Not to rain on your parade, but I've had a VIN for two weeks Monday without a delivery date.

I sure hope you get your car soon, though.
Thanks, yeah I have not received an email for finial payment and I have not heard from my SA yet. I see the VIN in the app though.

Hell Yeah, PG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thanks! RuTang forever!

Reactions: 8rain and Tony_YYZ
Thanks! I'm in Southern California and I know that helps with getting a car a little faster. As far FSD goes, I know that people are still removing it before taking delivery, so it's possible Tesla isn't prioritizing FSD orders anymore. But who knows, right? Hope you get your VIN soon.

Thanks. I hope that there are no delays for parts, and that I get the matrix headlights. VIN is 248xxx. Hope you get your VIN soon.

Thanks, yeah I have not received an email for finial payment and I have not heard from my SA yet. I see the VIN in the app though.

Thanks! RuTang forever!
Wtang feva.gif

12:00pm...I'll take lots of pics and update you all on the build quality, what it came with and without, etc.. I still have to wait until about 10am PDT to confirm the car made it and has passed inspection. Fingers crossed.
Since you're picking up in Fremont, can you run upstairs in the main building and ask Elon if he can expedite mine. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance...

Good luck with the delivery brother!! I hope Fremont doesn't disappoint
Thanks Gulfcoaster. I'll keep you posted.. I'm confident Elon won't let me down!!! Please..Please..Please..Please..don't let me down...
Since you're picking up in Fremont, can you run upstairs in the main building and ask Elon if he can expedite mine. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance...
toquar, i'm actually picking up in SoCal in Carlsbad but I'll snatch up the Red Line(President's phone) and tell them boyz up in Fremont to expedite that Sh_t! lol.

Ohh damn!! Any chance you're taking orders for some Terry Black's? Next time I'm in New Braunfels i'll have to cruise up to Austin and get some! That or Franklin's...

Try La Barbeque or Kerlin's.

If up by Cedar Park, Interstellar is excellent and rivals the rest of them. Franklin's has really good brisket but you should really try them all. I don't like lines so I don't think Franklin's is worth the wait if you are waiting in line (you can do pre-order to go though).

Edit: Actually, if you are all the way in New Braunfels, just go to Valentina's. They are south, south Austin and much closer to NB. I generally don't like Tex-Mex but they do it right. Their smoked stuff is amazing and I really enjoy their smoked brisket tacos. They sell traditional BBQ too.

but if you're in town and I'm available, I'll take your order and have a beer with ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: RuTang
I'm enjoying the lighthearted feel of the thread this morning.

I sent an email to my SA team (since I've had three different people respond to me now) and asked for an update:

As you all are probably aware, there are hundreds of people collaborating on Tesla forums regarding delivery times.

It has been confirmed through numerous sources that a number of vehicles were shipped out from the factory without charging inverters and the service centers had to order the part and install the missing part prior to delivery.

I'm asking for full transparency here so I can plan. I've already secured financing and insurance and do not want to pay weeks of either without an actual car in my possession.

I'm two days into my current window without a firm delivery date. Is my car affected by the missing charger inverter, and if so, what is the timeline for that being installed and me taking delivery?

It's been radio silence so far and they have turned around most of my questions in a few minutes previously. They must be looking for the proper PR answer to my questions.

Tesla texted me a few weeks ago and asked to email them a picture of my DL, copy of the Lien release and a photo of my odometer. I did that right away. While I wait for my "schedule delivery" text to appear, my EDD window continues to shift backwards by a day every day. Now, my trade-in offer has expired and I am waiting on them to give me updated pricing. Keep in mind, I sent my MVPA to my bank and financing secured so I am hoping everything stays the same, given that they're the ones delaying the purchase.

/rant

I'm enjoying the lighthearted feel of the thread this morning.

I sent an email to my SA team (since I've had three different people respond to me now) and asked for an update:

As you all are probably aware, there are hundreds of people collaborating on Tesla forums regarding delivery times.

It has been confirmed through numerous sources that a number of vehicles were shipped out from the factory without charging inverters and the service centers had to order the part and install the missing part prior to delivery.

I'm asking for full transparency here so I can plan. I've already secured financing and insurance and do not want to pay weeks of either without an actual car in my possession.

I'm two days into my current window without a firm delivery date. Is my car affected by the missing charger inverter, and if so, what is the timeline for that being installed and me taking delivery?

It's been radio silence so far and they have turned around most of my questions in a few minutes previously. They must be looking for the proper PR answer to my questions.
Please keep us posted on when they do reply to you.
What is your vin number range? We're experiencing the same exact EDD shifts.