Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all sincerity, most of us have waited between 60-90 days average from order to delivery. That's with no factory shutdowns here in the U.S. I'm not sure if you would get yours from Germany or China, but either way Germany is ramping up, China had shutdowns so I suspect it's going to take a little longer. I hope it doesn't and that you do take delivery in May but I wouldn't hold your breath.
How I would LOVE mine to come from Giga Berlin instead of Fremont....I'd wait 6 more months if I could be guaranteed a German built M3P

Woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. VIN has been assigned! I’m hoping that I can take delivery this weekend. I got the popup for the Bluetooth permission on my iPad, but not on my android phone. Will I get the popup on my phone once I’m close to the car?

YES! Congrats!!

OD: 3/4
EDD: April
EDD 2: May-June
EDD 3: April 25th-May19th
4/25: VIN received
EDD 4: May 5th-May11th
EDD 5: TBD

This has been the frustrating to say the least. I’ve had a VIN since April 25th as some others have gotten with no clear window or contact AT ALL. I have things to and have cancelled travel because they told me I needed to be available soon but now it’s been TBD for 10 days now. Like come on, I’m actually OKAY with waiting but what I don’t like is being roped around with no communication.

That is weird indeed. I have the same OD as you. I see you're in Cupertino. I'm in the south bay as well. Did you opt for pickup at Fremont?

Reason I ask is because my EDD is May 13-May 27. Seems like the folks closest to the factory are the last to get VINs/delivery. If you're been following the thread, there seems to be a supply issue with a certain charging inverter that is holding up a ton of deliveries. Maybe that's the issue with yours as well.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
In all sincerity, most of us have waited between 60-90 days average from order to delivery. That's with no factory shutdowns here in the U.S. I'm not sure if you would get yours from Germany or China, but either way Germany is ramping up, China had shutdowns so I suspect it's going to take a little longer. I hope it doesn't and that you do take delivery in May but I wouldn't hold your breath.
The screenshot i posted is displaying the Estimated *delivery* date, not order date :D

It is not a rumor, that is what happened in past history. When i started this journey, i read this thread from the beginning, and i saw first hand cali cars come stupid fast, red car come faster then other colors and FSD cars show up quicker as well. It seemed that us east coast guys got the short end of the stick, but it is refreshing to see Tesla change it up recently and F over west coast in favor of east coast deliveries... Share the wealth, share the pain... 🤣😎

Tesla is in uncharted territory, especially since last fall, as the demand is borderline ridiculous, and they, clearly, can't keep up.

My coworker here in NY ordered her M3LR less than a year ago, and got a fresh build in 3 weeks from order to delivery. She is amazed when i tell her how long i have been waiting, and blown away when i link to stories here about people waiting much longer for SR, LR and Y's.

Anywhom, my car is supposed to arrive today at the local delivery center. I "conveniently" scheduled some work in the same town, so I am gonna go over there and root around for my car and mr. Tone's later today...

Hopefully i dont get the "your ish aint ready for a month because we need to receive the passenger rear door that they didn't install at the factory" text... 🤣😂🤣

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
I think you see priority for West Coast deliveries as the quarter gets close to an end so Tesla can recognize the revenue. Same with FSD. It's more revenue and profit they can report. BTW, this is exactly what GM has done historically with Corvette. The higher price trims get way more priority for build and you can usually get a car much faster if you get a loaded $120K one vs a $65K one. It's just the way it works. For every base Corvette GM builds they will build 2 to 3 times more higher trim models.

My VIN is 2406xx

Here is the response from an SA and I believe it considering how transparent they have been with me so far:

Yes, your vehicle along with many others are affected by the missing part. We should have a better update by next week regarding completion and scheduling. We will be in touch with you once we have additional information, but your vehicle is also still in transit to our location at this time.

There must also be shipping delays with the vehicles since it's been 11 days since I was assigned a VIN and the service center has yet to receive the vehicle.
I am too vin 2406XX. I am confident mine will be missing the part that the service center is claiming to be a none issue.

YES! Congrats!!

That is weird indeed. I have the same OD as you. I see you're in Cupertino. I'm in the south bay as well. Did you opt for pickup at Fremont?

Reason I ask is because my EDD is May 13-May 27. Seems like the folks closest to the factory are the last to get VINs/delivery. If you're been following the thread, there seems to be a supply issue with a certain charging inverter that is holding up a ton of deliveries. Maybe that's the issue with yours as well.
My pickup location is for Colma just south of SF. Definitely could be the inverter part just weird to not be communicated anything and have a TBD date set for so long.

The screenshot i posted is displaying the Estimated *delivery* date, not order date :D
Hey reystar,

Yeah man I recognized that. I went back and searched your thread for order date, which looks like was 14 March. Based on that and the fact that your profile says you’re in Greece is why I answered the way I did. I wasn’t trying to down play or be pessimistic about your delivery just trying to provide best guess based on what I’ve seen here.

I really hope you do get it sooner than later!!

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Hey reystar,

Yeah man I recognized that. I went back and searched your thread for order date, which looks like was 14 March. Based on that and the fact that your profile says you’re in Greece is why I answered the way I did. I wasn’t trying to down play or be pessimistic about your delivery just trying to provide best guess based on what I’ve seen here.

I really hope you do get it sooner than later!!
Ohhh! Gotcha now!!

Alright my highly strung, stressed out homies i just called the delivery center to confirm my vehicle arrived last nigh and passed inspection. It is confirmed, she's ready for pick up. I will now begin my journey to pick her up. Stand by for photo dumb and updates!
BonyGaseousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Oh dang! That's awesome bro! How are you liking the Austin life?
It's interesting how Cali-Mex food and Tex-Mex are so different. We just don't have very good BBQ here like in Texas. Well next time you're in town visiting fam lets link up and grab some beers and some good Cali-Mex..

Can't beat SoCal weather. Luckily, I visit every 2-3 months. Austin is treating me well, can't complain about the lower housing costs and lack of state income tax though!

I’ve been pushing along similar lines by text and finally got them to admit yesterday that it is the charger part and the line is they don’t expect the part until the week of 16th. EDD just keeps moving one day at a time, currently 5/6-5/10.

After a week of them telling me they have no way of knowing where the car is, just this morning got them to confirm that the car is physically at the Decatur, GA store.

I honestly feel for the service centers. They have to deal with delays out of their control IMO. I get that transparency is important, but sometimes that is out of their control.

Alright my highly strung, stressed out homies i just called the delivery center to confirm my vehicle arrived last nigh and passed inspection. It is confirmed, she's ready for pick up. I will now begin my journey to pick her up. Stand by for photo dumb and updates!
View attachment 801257

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 👊🙌

• Funny
Reactions: Rodney! and RuTang
Can anyone explain to me why these parts weren't shipped to the service centers ahead of time considering the factory is cranking out new ones ready to go and they knew the ones to be delivered needed the parts? They used the stock to send out cars ready to go from the factory and made the earlier orders wait until they had enough extra to send to the service centers? lmao

Reactions: Sheefo2k
I am at my local SC right now looking for my car and mr. Tone's. They are not here yet....

I did see a black M3P with red sticker hold, and white charge port tape. Vin 239xxx. Has matrix lights.
20220506_130523.jpg

20220506_130849.jpg

20220506_133206.jpg

They put a NYS inspection on the car, but that red sticker/charge tape does not make me feel warm and fuzzy for my scheduled Sunday delivery... 🧐

Last edited: