Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was bored out my mind being impatient as usual after seeing my Edd change to this upcoming week again.. i build a m3 on the website to see if there’s any difference in price.. 5k 😶 and I guess you have to pay for the wall connector and charger now too
I come up with $4k difference and then add $200 for the mobile connector so $4200. Am I missing something?

Reactions: RuTang
well, let me lead off with these gifs...
frustrated-angry.gif

200.gif

This morning I texted the SA's, and my car had just arrived, literally rolled off the truck. I went to the SC a few hours later, essentially a day early, 24 hours ahead of scheduled delivery. Walked around the lot and found my car. Looked her over, and for the most part, the car was in great friggin shape! I was relieved given the horror stories i have read here. I looked her over for half an hour and found one simple but big issue. Vin 241xxx, matrix lights, charge port sorted.

Let me say, the employees, techs & SA's, ALL OF THEM at Mount Kisco are fuggggin awesome!!!!!!! 😍😍😍🥰🥰😘😘😘😘

I said my delivery is tomorrow, but I could not wait to see it, so I found my car, and here is what i found.... They JUMPED, i mean jumped on the car and fixed it right then. I was blown away. Then they said you want it now? I said, no joke F yeah! They said they had to detail it, and it would be ready. I was there at noon, so they said go get lunch and come back. DONE! How about that for customer service? I was beyond impressed. Only thing missing was a red carpet.... 😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰

So, i went to lunch. SA calls just as i was heading back to the SC, and let me know the car was ready BUT... NY DMV system is down, and they cannot finish the registration paperwork.... so, no go. ARGH! Foiled by the damn government! 😤😭😢😩😫😖😣😰😥😓🤧😷🤕

I had a friend with me, and we fiddled around looking at the cars and he wanted to take a Y for a drive. I wasted 2 more hours just fiddling around, hoping the system would come back up and i could get the registration sorted. DMV was still down when i left 30 minutes ago. One of the kids is going to come in early tomorrow and check DMV operation and call me with hopefully good news before i head back down. wish me luck! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

oh, with the roller coaster i was on, i totally forgot to check for the mobile connector... But the car looks absolutely awesome! 😻 Tomorrow cannot get here soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormalAntiqueCur-max-1mb.gif

Hopefully you get your car tomorrow. At least one of us is having a good experience at Mt Kisco. I ordered the exact same car as you (MSM, M3P, black interior, no FSD) two weeks before you and I can’t get a straight answer as to how my delivery date went from 5/6 to “sometime the week of May 16th“. Aside from “it’s a weather delay”. They must think I’m an idiot.. In the meantime they’ve lowered my trade value and my gut tells me they will lower it again before they let me pickup the car.

Hopefully you get your car tomorrow. At least one of us is having a good experience at Mt Kisco. I ordered the exact same car as you (MSM, M3P, black interior, no FSD) two weeks before you and I can’t get a straight answer as to how my delivery date went from 5/6 to “sometime the week of May 16th“. Aside from “it’s a weather delay”. They must think I’m an idiot.. In the meantime they’ve lowered my trade value and my gut tells me they will lower it again before they let me pickup the car.
Your car is probably missing a charge port and is waiting for parts to come in. Why they are lying to you is beyond me? Call the local shop and ask them why they delivered the car you ordered to someone who ordered after you.

I just ordered it through e-trailer and installed myself. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Stealth-Hitches/391TES317.html

The install is pretty easy as long as you have an extra set of hands when it's time to put the bumper back on.

Just an FYI...your range will get cut almost in half at highway speeds with bikes on the back. Maybe the roof rack has less drag but the hitch mount really ruins the aerodynamics.
Wow, half! Good to know, but probably better than borrowing hubby’s pickup.

I didn’t get any quotes because my original plan was to sell my truck and pay cash but due to my work obligations and potentially being out of town, Tesla suggested using their financing as the easiest way to have my wife pick up my car in my absence.

We are big believers in using our personal money for investing and borrowing others money at a cheap rate to pay for liabilities.

I’m using USAA for insurance and am paying a 6 month premium of $597.. so a very good rate.
Got ya, that's a pretty good rate I will try quoting with them as well hopefully I can find something cheap. I legit didn't know how expensive Tesla M3P insurance was until about 2 weeks after I placed my order lol

Reactions: RuTang
That really sucks, sorry bro. I don't want to make assumptions, but something clearly happened. you need to go over that car with a fine tooth comb. Let me know when your next delivery appointment is and I will do my best to get there and be another set of eyeballs for ya... 👀

Rodney....So the car was in great shape build quality wise? I hope so.....Update when you can. Thanks brother

Well, i did not take delivery yet, but I saw the car pre PDI in the lot and post PDI in the shop. Aside from curbage on one of the wheels, the car is in EXCELLENT shape! I set my bar low, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although not perfect, the panel gaps, headlight and tailight fitment are well above average, and so far nothing needs to be addressed after the fact from a cosmetic/fitment point of view. That is a huge sigh of relief, especially given the fact that many of the threads on this board seem to generate anxiety and sleeplessness over ish we never paid attention with prior car purchases 😵‍💫.

Again, the team at Mount Kisco is knocking it out of the park!!! Seriously, they are super nice and have been very accommodating thus far. To say I am super excited for it is a gross understatement... Barring no DMV shenanigans, she will be terrorizing the neighborhood within 6 hours from now... 😁

What kind/size USB do I need to sentry mode?
That is a loaded question: You can use anything really, as long as it is formatted for FAT32.

Be forewarned, that flash drives do not bod well to repeated rewrite cycles and will die unexpectedly. This is not a good trait for a security system, so Endurance Micro SD cards are the more bulletproof solution. I ordered a 1TB flashdrive but returned it when I found about the rewrite issue. Also, the type of USB to micro SD adapter matters as well. Sandisk units worked fine In Tesla's until some update from earlier this year. Apparently the Rocketek USB adapter solves this issue.

I have since ordered the Samsung Endurance SD card, in their largest size, 256gb, and a Rocketek USB adapter. I am into it for ~$70 from Amazon. I have a 128GB kingston flashdrive here, ready to go for today's anticipated delivery. I will use that for the next week until my Samsung Endurance Micro SD car & USB adapter show up. :)

Hopefully my next post will be me not STFU about how awesome the car is... :cool:😂🤣😇

Last edited:
That really sucks, sorry bro. I don't want to make assumptions, but something clearly happened. you need to go over that car with a fine tooth comb. Let me know when your next delivery appointment is and I will do my best to get there and be another set of eyeballs for ya... 👀

Well, i did not take delivery yet, but I saw the car pre PDI in the lot and post PDI in the shop. Aside from curbage on one of the wheels, the car is in EXCELLENT shape! I set my bar low, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although not perfect, the panel gaps, headlight and tailight fitment are well above average, and so far nothing needs to be addressed after the fact from a cosmetic/fitment point of view. That is a huge sigh of relief, especially given the fact that many of the threads on this board seem to generate anxiety and sleeplessness over ish we never paid attention with prior car purchases 😵‍💫.

Again, the team at Mount Kisco is knocking it out of the park!!! Seriously, they are super nice and have been very accommodating thus far. To say I am super excited for it is a gross understatement... Barring no DMV shenanigans, she will be terrorizing the neighborhood within 6 hours from now... 😁

That is a loaded question: You can use anything really, as long as it is formatted for FAT32.

Be forewarned, that flash drives do not bod well to repeated rewrite cycles and will die unexpectedly. This is not a good trait for a security system, so Endurance Micro SD cards are the more bulletproof solution. I ordered a 1TB flashdrive but returned it when I found about the rewrite issue. Also, the type of USB to micro SD adapter matters as well. Sandisk units worked fine In Tesla's until some update from earlier this year. Apparently the Rocketek USB adapter solves this issue.

I have since ordered the Samsung Endurance SD card, in their largest size, 256gb, and a Rocketek USB adapter. I am into it for ~$70 from Amazon. I have a 128GB kingston flashdrive here, ready to go for today's anticipated delivery. I will use that for the next week until my Samsung Endurance Micro SD car & USB adapter show up. :)

Hopefully my next post will be me not STFU about how awesome the car is... :cool:😂🤣😇
1652011906203.gif

which mudflaps are these? and congrats!!
Super easy install! It comes with a tiny stamped wrench but I used a 10mm deep socket without a ratchet to spin off and reinstall the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the flaps. The plastic rivet pins pop out with a standard screwdriver and all the supplied longer replacements just push in. The upper parts all have a lipped portion that snaps over the edge of the body panel.

Farasla Upgraded No Drilling... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z7JVFN6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Got ya, that's a pretty good rate I will try quoting with them as well hopefully I can find something cheap. I legit didn't know how expensive Tesla M3P insurance was until about 2 weeks after I placed my order lol
This is dependent on your carrier.

My m3p insurance is pretty much equivalent to my 2018 truck and my 2018 wrangler. All three are in the $440ish range per year.

• Informative
Reactions: Desiberius
Super easy install! It comes with a tiny stamped wrench but I used a 10mm deep socket without a ratchet to spin off and reinstall the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the flaps. The plastic rivet pins pop out with a standard screwdriver and all the supplied longer replacements just push in. The upper parts all have a lipped portion that snaps over the edge of the body panel.

Farasla Upgraded No Drilling... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z7JVFN6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_shareL
Lets see those 18's!! I've been debating throwing 18's on mine in the hopes of increasing range slightly. Would love to know your thoughts?

Reactions: Maric
Lets see those 18's!! I've been debating throwing 18's on mine in the hopes of increasing range slightly. Would love to know your thoughts?
They are about 3mm in diameter too small to fit over the brakes :( . The wheels will bolt on but won’t rotate (and I have the gouges in them inner barrels to prove it haha). I have read most models of Enkei 18s will fit on the M3P, but apparently these RPF1, the lightest 18s (17.1lb) in their “Racing Series” have a slightly smaller inner barrel diameter :( .

That said, I honestly expected highway range to decrease slightly due to the wider footprint and more open face.