Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The agonizing wait is finally over! Yesterday I arrived at the service center a bit early to look over the car. Right away I noticed how close the cars are parked next to each other at the Buena Park location. There were only three blue M3's on the lot. I could see the first two blue cars had aero wheels as I was walking towards the lot. I couldn't see the wheels on the third and last blue car from where I was standing. I started to sweat it as I walked over and was relived to see turbines! Checked the VIN and it was my car.

First thing I did was to look for any door-dings. Next I looked for any curb rash on the wheels (thanks rodney!). I went over my checklist and I couldn't find one thing wrong. Overall the car was flawless. However the car wash / detail wasn't the best, but overall the car was clean.

Paperwork from the minute I walked into the building, to the time I walked out to my car, took 5 minutes. It was awesome. The staff was super cool and friendly. I was even offered to go over the car and its features by one of the staff members.

WOW. What a fun car to drive. The torque and acceleration is unreal. I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

The EDD system sucks and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, in my opinion. The delivery experience and the characteristics of the car make up for the EDD hell. So I'm back on Team Tesla again 🙂

View attachment 802096View attachment 802097
Looks like your screen name is a misnomer now. Grats on the excellent car and delivery experience!

I will only track the car a handful of times a year and MPP Comfort is fine for that. I think the Sport would be overkill as my wife will drive the car more than me. I am going to get some of their camber arms and upgraded bearings too. I think with those items and a proper alignment I will be happy and then can always do more later like sway bars. I like to do things gradually so I can really figure out what changes I do and don't like versus doing everything at once. Talking with MPP it sounds like coilovers and bearings make a big difference. Then things like camber arms and sway bars.
Coilovers transformed the 2019 MX-5 I drive. The car used to roll around like crazy and now it's 90% gone with just the coilovers. No roll bars or anything else yet. I went with a more road-focused coilover and the firmness is perfect for me. I can still track it if I want to, but it's not too harsh for a daily.

The agonizing wait is finally over! Yesterday I arrived at the service center a bit early to look over the car. Right away I noticed how close the cars are parked next to each other at the Buena Park location. There were only three blue M3's on the lot. I could see the first two blue cars had aero wheels as I was walking towards the lot. I couldn't see the wheels on the third and last blue car from where I was standing. I started to sweat it as I walked over and was relived to see turbines! Checked the VIN and it was my car.

First thing I did was to look for any door-dings. Next I looked for any curb rash on the wheels (thanks rodney!). I went over my checklist and I couldn't find one thing wrong. Overall the car was flawless. However the car wash / detail wasn't the best, but overall the car was clean.

Paperwork from the minute I walked into the building, to the time I walked out to my car, took 5 minutes. It was awesome. The staff was super cool and friendly. I was even offered to go over the car and its features by one of the staff members.

WOW. What a fun car to drive. The torque and acceleration is unreal. I'm totally satisfied with the purchase.

The EDD system sucks and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, in my opinion. The delivery experience and the characteristics of the car make up for the EDD hell. So I'm back on Team Tesla again 🙂

View attachment 802096View attachment 802097

That color is amazing. Congrats!

I will only track the car a handful of times a year and MPP Comfort is fine for that. I think the Sport would be overkill as my wife will drive the car more than me. I am going to get some of their camber arms and upgraded bearings too. I think with those items and a proper alignment I will be happy and then can always do more later like sway bars. I like to do things gradually so I can really figure out what changes I do and don't like versus doing everything at once. Talking with MPP it sounds like coilovers and bearings make a big difference. Then things like camber arms and sway bars.
which bushings/arms are you thinking of replacing? Looking forward to your feedback!

which bushings/arms are you thinking of replacing? Looking forward to your feedback!
These:

And then adding the rear camber arms as you have no way to adjust the rear camber on a stock M3P. I always focus on alignment first as many cars are not aligned well and the camber arms should help.

I'm really happy for you guys who have taken delivery recently. The cars looks great and it sounds like the flaws have been minor.

Let me sprinkle in some bad news so others can prepare for both outcomes. My car continues to sit waiting for the charging port repair. Tesla hasn't stopped production so clearly these parts exist but somehow they can't be routed to a delivery center. Every morning I open the app and my EDD gets pushed another day. I waited on hold for 25 minutes today to learn that the delivery center doesn't even have tracking information which is shocking for a company this advanced. They are tentatively planning for the middle to late next week to have it ready. He also mentioned they are receiving these parts in bulk which makes me think there are a lot more cars impacted.

M3P, blue, black interior

OD: 4 May 2022
EDD1: Jun-Aug 2022
My EDD guess: Oct 2022

Question for everyone: I have a ton of research to do, for example checklist for when I pick it up, PPF, wheels and tires for street and track, etc. etc. Is there a knowledge base somewhere on this site, or do I just search threads? Any advice on efficiently finding various information would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Maric
M3P, blue, black interior

OD: 4 May 2022
EDD1: Jun-Aug 2022
My EDD guess: Oct 2022

Question for everyone: I have a ton of research to do, for example checklist for when I pick it up, PPF, wheels and tires for street and track, etc. etc. Is there a knowledge base somewhere on this site, or do I just search threads? Any advice on efficiently finding various information would be greatly appreciated.

There's an iOS app called "Tesla Prep" I downloaded for this purpose. The "pre-drive checklist is designed to be done in a specific flow to save time and make sure nothing is missed."

Update, seems to be moving in the proper direction now, it's moving closer and shrinking the window. EDD3 came in on Friday, 6 May. EDD4 came in today between 0100-0730 Pacific time.

M3P, MSM, black interior, no FSD, Central California

OD: 3/9
EDD1: May 3- May 31
EDD2: June 5- July 10
EDD3: May 14- May 28
EDD4: May 11- May 21
Wow… I have zero faith in Teslas EDD system.

I have the same spec my OD was 3/07 and I live in Central California.

I am on my third two week window which is currently at May 14-May 28… hopefully yours moving up means mine will too. 😔