Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding ride height:

It really doesn't matter what we feel has happened or not. Tesla will deliver the car as they make it right now.

If you are the person who lowers most of your cars, you will change the suspension regardless of what Tesla ships it with.

I can't think of anyone who is taking a non-modifed family sedan to an autocross event, but maybe I don't know enough autocross people.

When I got my used 2019 MX-5, I knew I needed to get rid of the horrific fender gap and body roll. I took it into a Mazda dealership for a service appointment right before the bumper-to-bumper warranty was about to run out just to see if anything needed looked at under warranty. Once everything looked good, I ordered the coilovers and had them installed. I knew any future suspension-related repairs would be on me at that point. If you do any kind of performance mod, you have to do it with the knowledge that the manufacturer warranty will most likely no longer apply.
I either lift or lower all of my cars. I was hoping this one would come with a decent suspension and not need it.

Currently, U.S. wise best rate is 3.24 from Tesla if approved. You can get as low as 1.99-2.24 at various credit unions (DCU, Affinity, etc) if approved. APRs listed are for 60 month terms.
Thanks, I am thinking of going to my credit union and seeing what their rates are before locking in with Tesla. I was gonna just go thru tesla to make it more seemless but it doesnt seem like a big deal turning in a check from my credit union.

Ya, I'm the one over dramatic. Pottle kettle black.

I've seen reports where someone measured his old model 3 and new one (both performance) and they indicated that the chassis height was the same. Where is the evidence that the suspension has been nerfed?

I don't know if you are familiar with these guys but they are Tesla enthusiasts and know the cars pretty well. They discuss here that they feel the suspension has been changed. Yes it' anecdotal but ...
Thanks. That confirms for me that the suspension has changed. I guess if I wanted to stay in Super Street class for autocross I could pick up a used M3P stock suspension. Still psyched to get the car, but too bad they made this change.

Last edited:
Regarding ride height:

It really doesn't matter what we feel has happened or not. Tesla will deliver the car as they make it right now.

If you are the person who lowers most of your cars, you will change the suspension regardless of what Tesla ships it with.

I can't think of anyone who is taking a non-modifed family sedan to an autocross event, but maybe I don't know enough autocross people.

When I got my used 2019 MX-5, I knew I needed to get rid of the horrific fender gap and body roll. I took it into a Mazda dealership for a service appointment right before the bumper-to-bumper warranty was about to run out just to see if anything needed looked at under warranty. Once everything looked good, I ordered the coilovers and had them installed. I knew any future suspension-related repairs would be on me at that point. If you do any kind of performance mod, you have to do it with the knowledge that the manufacturer warranty will most likely no longer apply.
It's not the people, it's the SCCA rules. Lots of people autocross cars on the stock suspension - Miatas, BMWs, Teslas, Hondas, Subarus... Suspension changes beyond one sway bar bump you to a higher class.

Yeah the difference between the two was not that big to make this a huge ride dynamics change if the Performance indeed doesn't come with the lowered suspension anymore.

Anyone who cares that much would be pursuing aftermarket suspension anyway.
Unless you’re autocrossing and then it’s a significant issue. I am intending to run this car at Autocross. The car will get killed in super stock without the performance suspension.

It's not the people, it's the SCCA rules. Lots of people autocross cars on the stock suspension - Miatas, BMWs, Teslas, Hondas, Subarus... Suspension changes beyond one sway bar bump you to a higher class.
I'm not familiar with autocross is that some form of rally ? What class do you compete in or what should I be watching on youtube to watch the best

Reactions: Panel Gaps