Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me rephrase since there are technically model years on the cars. What I mean is Tesla does not wait for a new model year for major upgrades. They just start rolling them out once they get them. This could happen in October or November, or it could happen in July. Having a newer model year does not mean you are getting a different car than a couple months prior.
I asked when the cutoff was I know the cars aren't different..

You're answering a question I never asked.

• Funny
Reactions: jessepotter
I asked when the cutoff was I know the cars aren't different..

You're answering a question I never asked.
So the answer is.....it depends. For certain model years they follow the calendar year. For MY 2021 they made so many changes to the Model 3 at one time they had to introduce it as a new Model Year in October of 2020. In November 2021 they introduced the 2022 Model Year because of new range number certifications.

There isn't a strict process they follow.

Last edited:
I hope to be graduating today from M3PFOWCC when I take delivery of my car.

If anyone wants to take over tracking the remaining members with orders from February, please have at it.

I thought it was a fun/funny idea and helped bring perspective to the March and later orders that there is always someone who has waited longer.

Original post follows:

I'm starting a new club here on the forums. It will be called the Model 3 Performance February Orders Without Cars Club or "M3PFOWCC" for short.

I know, it rolls right off the tongue.

I'm looking for members, so please post if you have a February order and still don't have a car.

As the founder, I hope to pass on the mantle sooner rather than later.

Current Members:

jessepotter
Makes_Centz
Jmauld
SantaCruzOMB
thill444
ayd-08
roundexplosion
RuffRidinNole
BILDCAT
Young Phenom
Boukephalas

Another day into my 4 week window and another update:

EDD3: June 12 - July 17

I don't even know what to think at this point

I placed my order on the same day as you. My delivery window was 5/10-5/14 and on 5/12 it pushed to 5/27-5/31. It could be a disastrous Q2 for Tesla since they can't seem to get cars out the door prior to the mass rush of orders since the Ukraine invasion.

Just called the 888 number for customer service and at least I obtained more info than my local delivery team (or lack thereof) has been providing to me. The rep stated my car is in transit and scheduled to arrive at the Tesla SC tomorrow (5/16) but he couldn't tell me if it would have to sit there waiting on a constrained part. Here's hoping for the best!