Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize for misunderstanding the intent of the question. I hope Tony gave a better answer.
I appreciate the effort and the help. We're all just here impatiently waiting for our Tesla's.

The model year cutoff is only beneficial in resale if there is any at all.

My edd is June 11 - July 9th
It would be cool to get my car sooner but I don't want the quality issues of a end of quarter push.

Reactions: jessepotter
On Reddit, seeing LR orders who ordered after me in the same area, same exact config, get their VINs 😅 Feels bad, the only reason I went for the Performance was the supposed faster delivery.

Fingers crossed they come through soon.
Yes, same here. I think the Performance model gets priority at the end of the quarter when Tesla is trying to maximize revenue and profit.

On Reddit, seeing LR orders who ordered after me in the same area, same exact config, get their VINs 😅 Feels bad, the only reason I went for the Performance was the supposed faster delivery.

Fingers crossed they come through soon.
Yeah it stings to see people that ordered after me almost getting their cars already 😂 especially since mine was just pushed for some reason.

Just called the 888 number for customer service and at least I obtained more info than my local delivery team (or lack thereof) has been providing to me. The rep stated my car is in transit and scheduled to arrive at the Tesla SC tomorrow (5/16) but he couldn't tell me if it would have to sit there waiting on a constrained part. Here's hoping for the best!
Hi, What 888 number did you call? I have never once reached a human being at Tesla via phone. Also, what option # might you have selected to get a real live human?

Thanks a ton

So, I did take delivery today. I apologize for no photos yet.

It was stupid hot and muggy. By the time I got done with the exterior inspection, I just wanted to get out of there.

There were two minor issues and two more major issues (still nothing terrible).

The lights in both front and back were not symmetrical as far as how they sat in their sockets. One side came out a little further than the other under the light assembly. It was really only noticeable when running your finger around them, so I gave it a pass.

There were a couple places with very light scratches that I'm sure my PPF guy will buff out prior to installation of the wrap. So, I'm not worried about those.

On the driver's door there is what looks like a small hair or fiber under the clear coat or maybe even under a layer of paint. I can still see it when looking right at it. I'm going to bring it up to the PPF guy and see what he can do. Maybe a little sanding might get it out.

There is a plastic cover piece over the seat belt assembly on the driver's side rear that is not sitting where it needs to be. It is popped up enough you can see the crack under it. The other side is perfectly fitted. I'm going to attempt to push this down when I get the car back. If that doesn't work, I'll put in a service request.

Other than those few things, the rest of the car looked really good. I'm very particular, so if I say it was overall good, it is.

I promise pictures once I get it back from the PPF and tint shops.

It was stupid hot and muggy. By the time I got done with the exterior inspection, I just wanted to get out of there.

The lights in both front and back were not symmetrical as far as how they sat in their sockets. One side came out a little further than the other under the light assembly. It was really only noticeable when running your finger around them, so I gave it a pass.

There were a couple places with very light scratches that I'm sure my PPF guy will buff out prior to installation of the wrap. So, I'm not worried about those.

On the driver's door there is what looks like a small hair or fiber under the clear coat or maybe even under a layer of paint. I can still see it when looking right at it. I'm going to bring it up to the PPF guy and see what he can do. Maybe a little sanding might get it out.

There is a plastic cover piece over the seat belt assembly on the driver's side rear that is not sitting where it needs to be. It is popped up enough you can see the crack under it. The other side is perfectly fitted. I'm going to attempt to push this down when I get the car back. If that doesn't work, I'll put in a service request.

Other than those few things, the rest of the car looked really good. I'm very particular, so if I say it was overall good, it is.

Congratulations on taking delivery! How much driving did you get to do?

There is a plastic cover piece over the seat belt assembly on the driv
Other than those few things, the rest of the car looked really good.

CONGRATS BRO!!! so how is it?!? Worth the wait?

Earlier this week, a jeep pulled into the supercharger next to me. Damn gasholes...
20220511_163753.jpg

I just repaid the favor...
20220515_203523.jpg

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

One other thing I forgot:

There were already lines under the rear seat belts on the white seats. They must have been rubbing during travel.

I had baby wipes with me, but again, I was hot and ready to get going.

I'll attempt to buff the seats with the baby wipes when I get it back. If it doesn't come off, oh well. I need to learn to be less concerned with normal wear and tear.

I literally drove it 35-45 mph a little over a mile away to the PPF shop and parked it there. I didn't even gun it once.

You can't miss what you haven't experienced.
Bah... I matted mine when i left the dealer, or whatever it is called... 🤐
What octane did you put in? I heard it runs horribly on everything.
87 octane. Sh!t it expensive, i run the cheap stuff... 🤪

Good luck with it. I hope it is everything you wanted it to be! 🥰

• Love
I after 5 months of reading this thread, reading every post.... I keep coming back. It is part of my daily routine 😳

Here is another pic to keep you peeps excited for your rides!
View attachment 804158
Great looking ride, Rodney!!

I couldn’t agree more! It has just become part of my daily routine!

If you’re still waiting try to be patient. It’ll be worth it.

Here’s a pic of M3P with new wheels.. getting tint tomorrow.

Attachments

• 279BADFF-5FD3-4BC8-8BD6-C46553441311.jpeg
    279BADFF-5FD3-4BC8-8BD6-C46553441311.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 66

Congratulations!! Yeeew🤘

got 6 runs, all of them being 11.3@117 except for one tree experiment which netted an 11.40 it is amazing how many older people hate Tesla and electric cars in general. Guys that were mid 30's and younger loved the car, and the boomers are not fans.
Thanks for the input after the wheel change. What was your SOC for the 1/4 mile runs? These cars seem to do 11.6 to 11.7 in stock form so it's definitely a nice improvement.

Reactions: Rodney!