Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text from Tesla today that my VIN has been assigned. The estimated delivery date moved out 6 days (earliest) and up 2 days (latest).

M3P, Red Multi-Coat, Black Interior, no FSD, Texas

4/6: OD EDD Jun - Aug 2022
4/8: EDD June 12 - July 24
4/18: EDD June 14 - July 19
5/4: EDD July 6 - August 17
5/9: EDD June 3 - July 1
5/20: EDD May 31 - June 14
5/21: Trade-in text from Tesla
5/25: VIN assigned 264xxx
5/25: EDD June 6 - June 12
This is starting to piss me off, that's my exact order I made on 3/4 and I have no VIN.

This is starting to piss me off, that's my exact order I made on 3/4 and I have no VIN.
I'm hoping you get yours soon. I saw some AZ orders on Reddit. I'm wondering if you are in the next time some delivery trucks get out there. Did you ever change your order? It's hard to tell unless you put your information in your sig..

I was told to pick a date for delivery June 1 - 3. None of the dates were really great that week. Asked if it could be moved to Monday June 6. Answer is no. If I don't take delivery during those dates, then they will give the car to someone else. I get put on hold for 14 days then back in the que for 1 last chance to get a car without starting over again with the higher prices too. What a company. it's not like I'm asking for a week. Even if I can get off and give up $1000 to miss work for 1 day they will not sell me another Tesla again. This is not how you treat customers. Repeat business drives sustainability. There will be many more cars a few years in the future and when it's time to trade in the Tesla the bad experience will have some customers move to a different brand. Still tempted to just say keep the car, keep the $250. It's not worth the hassle. Knowing you have to truly inspect the car on your own because there is a fairly good chance something is wrong with it. Do the SA's get a bonus if they deliver so many cars in a month. And they might count all of next week part of May delivery? Should be a jerk back at them and keep the date and cancel the last minute. So frustrating.

I was told to pick a date for delivery June 1 - 3. None of the dates were really great that week. Asked if it could be moved to Monday June 6. Answer is no. If I don't take delivery during those dates, then they will give the car to someone else. I get put on hold for 14 days then back in the que for 1 last chance to get a car without starting over again with the higher prices too. What a company. it's not like I'm asking for a week. Even if I can get off and give up $1000 to miss work for 1 day they will not sell me another Tesla again. This is not how you treat customers. Repeat business drives sustainability. There will be many more cars a few years in the future and when it's time to trade in the Tesla the bad experience will have some customers move to a different brand. Still tempted to just say keep the car, keep the $250. It's not worth the hassle. Knowing you have to truly inspect the car on your own because there is a fairly good chance something is wrong with it. Do the SA's get a bonus if they deliver so many cars in a month. And they might count all of next week part of May delivery? Should be a jerk back at them and keep the date and cancel the last minute. So frustrating.
Sounds like you got the wrong person. Call the national phone number and get someone else. Explain you've patiently waited for the car this entire time, but the offered days do not work for you. See what they say.

Got my VIN this morning!

M3P MSM/black, no FSD, Kansas City

OD: 4/6/22 (est June-August)
EDD 1 (4/8): June 14-July 26
EDD 2 (4/18): June 16-July 21
EDD 3 (5/3): June 5-July 3
EDD 4 (5/22): June 8- June 22
VIN (267xxx) and EDD 5 (5/25): June 7-11
These april order VINs are making me super inpatient for mine even though mine was 4/23. I have ordered every accessory known yo man at this point😂

Sounds like you got the wrong person. Call the national phone number and get someone else. Explain you've patiently waited for the car this entire time, but the offered days do not work for you. See what they say.
I called and even then it took a little time to get approval to move the date. Just glad it's been changed and now I just have to wait until the 6th

I'm hoping you get yours soon. I saw some AZ orders on Reddit. I'm wondering if you are in the next time some delivery trucks get out there. Did you ever change your order? It's hard to tell unless you put your information in your sig..

No changes.

I'm a 4 hour drive from the factory I think so once I get a VIN I'm pretty sure I'll get the car very rapidly but seeing all these other people with later order dates and the exact same order get their car isn't really a good feeling.

It really looks like they've been giving east coast/southern orders preference for the last month or two I've been watching.

Took delivery yesterday May 24th! Order was placed March 13th. Not a bad wait at all and the end result was totally worth it.

DBB9A7E8-98EE-466B-9267-A1995D369F06.jpeg

These april order VINs are making me super inpatient for mine even though mine was 4/23. I have ordered every accessory known yo man at this point😂
It’s a good sign to see with VINs coming into April orders. My OD as 5/1, so I know I’ll be a few weeks more to go. I just ordered a covercraft sunshade, trunk/frunk/well liners came in a week ago. My current window lines up exactly with another here, but my diverge since they ordered a month or two before me. I was hoping to ride the Q2 wave and get my car before the end of June. 6/8-7/6 right now.

Shopping for Tint and PPF And was considering making an appointment when I get the VIN or the delivery schedule. What did you go for on accessories?

No changes.

I'm a 4 hour drive from the factory I think so once I get a VIN I'm pretty sure I'll get the car very rapidly but seeing all these other people with later order dates and the exact same order get their car isn't really a good feeling.

It really looks like they've been giving east coast/southern orders preference for the last month or two I've been watching.
I’m totally speculating here, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a preference. I heard drivers and transportation is pretty backed up. If drivers/trucks free up, they probably need to allocate cars towards those rails rather than let them sit. Same applies to trucks on the West Coast. California orders the most cars in the United States so you are most likely competing for a lot of people on a limited amount of trucks.

I could be totally wrong too. Just speculating as to why someone might of gotten their car before you despite being the same configuration + later OD but in a different delivery area.

Hello, new member and first post, but wanted to get an opinion on my EDD (9/6 - 10/18) improving after I made the change on 5/24 from the 2022 LR Grey with 19” Sport Wheels to the Grey/Black Performance, which shows June - August. Maybe I just need to wait a few days and perhaps the dates will improve? Really appreciate any input. Thanks!

Reactions: Panel Gaps
It’s a good sign to see with VINs coming into April orders. My OD as 5/1, so I know I’ll be a few weeks more to go. I just ordered a covercraft sunshade, trunk/frunk/well liners came in a week ago. My current window lines up exactly with another here, but my diverge since they ordered a month or two before me. I was hoping to ride the Q2 wave and get my car before the end of June. 6/8-7/6 right now.

Shopping for Tint and PPF And was considering making an appointment when I get the VIN or the delivery schedule. What did you go for on accessories?
Tesla wall charger, plaid center console wrap, plaid charger port wrap, carbon fiber dash and door replacement for the wood, floor frunk and trunk all weather mats, oversized cup holder, glove box organizer, center console organizer. Thinking about a yoke and a display by the driver. Also setting up crramic tint and ppf

Reactions: Panel Gaps

I am 4/5 and my Edd hasn't changed since the day I ordered it. still just says jun-aug..........weird.

Hello, new member and first post, but wanted to get an opinion on my EDD (9/6 - 10/18) improving after I made the change on 5/24 from the 2022 LR Grey with 19” Sport Wheels to the Grey/Black Performance, which shows June - August. Maybe I just need to wait a few days and perhaps the dates will improve? Really appreciate any input. Thanks!
I recently changed from the M3LR to M3P on 5/22. My OD was 5/10, originally my EDD for the M3LR was 8/23- 10/4. Just this morning my EDD changed to 6/18-7/16. It usually takes a few days for the EDD to change in the app.