Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m totally speculating here, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a preference. I heard drivers and transportation is pretty backed up. If drivers/trucks free up, they probably need to allocate cars towards those rails rather than let them sit. Same applies to trucks on the West Coast. California orders the most cars in the United States so you are most likely competing for a lot of people on a limited amount of trucks.

I could be totally wrong too. Just speculating as to why someone might of gotten their car before you despite being the same configuration + later OD but in a different delivery area.
Yes I meant logistics is likely why they're getting the preference not that Tesla just likes the east coast better.

Hi all! New to the forums. Adding my details below.

M3LR
Original OD: 4/6
EDD: Aug - Oct 2022

Upgrade to Performance: 4/28

M3P White/Black interior no FSD
EDD: 5/25 - 6/22
Text Received For Trade-In: 5-19
New EDD (assigned on 5/26) : 6/4 - 6/18

Still no Vin…

Let me know if you need any more details.

I forgot the process for Texas deliveries.

I have to make the full payment first right? I just made my online down payment. Can I present the check from the lender at delivery (rest of the balance). In any event, I sent a message to my SA to get further detail on the process. Furthermore, I asked if there are any tasks pending and to see if they could ping the location of my vehicle. Hoping they give me a delivery date based on my 4 day window.

Ordering my CNICK Ring from Amazon once I get a delivery date. I want to maximize the return window in the event I don't like the way it looks\works.. It looks similar to my wedding band though so I'm used to wearing a ring. Also considering of wrapping the center console as I hear the piano black gets scratched\fingerprints easily. Interested in also changing my interior trim from wood to matte carbon fiber as well.

I lined up my ceramic\paint correction appt with my friend as well. I can certainly do it myself as I used to my own cars but nowadays, I would rather just pay someone if the deal is good. Will be getting ceramic tinted soon too.

Reactions: jessepotter

I have to make the full payment first right? I just made my online down payment. Can I present the check from the lender at delivery (rest of the balance). In any event, I sent a message to my SA to get further detail on the process. Furthermore, I asked if there are any tasks pending and to see if they could ping the location of my vehicle. Hoping they give me a delivery date based on my 4 day window.

Ordering my CNICK Ring from Amazon once I get a delivery date. I want to maximize the return window in the event I don't like the way it looks\works.. It looks similar to my wedding band though so I'm used to wearing a ring. Also considering of wrapping the center console as I hear the piano black gets scratched\fingerprints easily. Interested in also changing my interior trim from wood to matte carbon fiber as well.

I lined up my ceramic\paint correction appt with my friend as well. I can certainly do it myself as I used to my own cars but nowadays, I would rather just pay someone if the deal is good. Will be getting ceramic tinted soon too.
The center console is no longer piano black since the 2021 refresh.

Hopefully my final post before pick up. Delivery was scheduled last night!

Order Details: M3P, Red Multi-Coat, White Interior, No FSD

Delivery Location: West Palm Beach, FL

OD: 3-28-22
EDD1: June 15 - July 27
EDD2: May 28 - July 2 (updated on April 2nd)
EDD3: May 29 - June 29 (updated on May 2nd)
EDD4: May 31 – June 14 (updated on May 12th)
EDD5: May 27 – June 8 (updated on May 14th)
Trade in Text: May 16th
VIN received: May 24th (June 6 - June 10 new window)
Delivery Date and Time Scheduled for June 6th (May 25th)

* no text or email. Again just showed up in the app * They claimed a text was sent and checked my contact info but I never did receive anything. I'm glad I check the app daily or I would have never known. Also they originally scheduled me for a 5:30pm pickup so I texted them and asked for AM and they were nice enough to change it to 10:30am. The app updated instantly with the new time.

My advisor had the finance team send me an email. From there, I replied to them and gave them images of my check (which DCU provided with tracking info). From there, I will have to send my check to Tesla via mail.

Hi all! New to the forums. Adding my details below.

M3LR
Original OD: 4/6
EDD: Aug - Oct 2022

Upgrade to Performance: 4/28

M3P White/Black interior no FSD
EDD: 5/25 - 6/22
Text Received For Trade-In: 5-19
New EDD (assigned on 5/26) : 6/4 - 6/18

Still no Vin…

Let me know if you need any more details.
Welcome. Im looking to upgrade to Performance also. Did you self-manage the upgrade through website or did you call Tesla speak to somebody?

How do you check the source code for VIN

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

Order Date: 4/23 Configuration: M3P, Blue/Black, No FSD Location: Dublin, CA
#1 EDD: June1 - july 31st
#2 EDD: July 31- October 1
#3 EDD: June 1- June 29( May5th)
#4 EDD: June 4 - June 18 (updated this morning)

14 day window!!! It’s Happening!!!
I just got the Tesla trade in text!

Reactions: Not That M3