Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I didn't want a VIN, since I'm going out of town, they give me a VIN with an EDD of 6/2 to 6/6. When they text (call?) me to make the appointment how far out are the options usually? I'm out of town from 6/3 to 6/8.

The last SA I talked to said it was a week from when they get the car until delivery usually which would probably work out fine but I'm not sure that seems accurate based on other people here's experience.

listen to this... i got a VIN and had covid and didnt want to go pick up my car... they cancelled my order...

• Disagree
Reactions: GolfProGiff
It really seems like they should provide 10 days of flexibility at a bare minimum especially considering their own EDDs are so fluid as to be essentially meaningless.
I totally agree. In my situation, CT, there are no Tesla dealers authorized here (just service centers) and they cannot do home delivery. While a 2 hour drive each way to the nearest delivery center in NY may seem trivial, it took me about 5 hours between getting the car, inspecting and completing paperwork, then driving back. And due to their inflexibility (they gave me only a 2 day window) I had to do it on a workday vs a weekend.

It's a really poor model that will turn people off when they no longer have the best (IMHO) EV product for the money and there is real competition. They get away with it for now, but it won't last forever.

Now that I didn't want a VIN, since I'm going out of town, they give me a VIN with an EDD of 6/2 to 6/6. When they text (call?) me to make the appointment how far out are the options usually? I'm out of town from 6/3 to 6/8.

The last SA I talked to said it was a week from when they get the car until delivery usually which would probably work out fine but I'm not sure that seems accurate based on other people here's experience.
It's a crapshoot. Mt Kisco was very inflexible with me. I had a two day window and that was it. I had to move a bunch of work meetings around or they told me they would have to let the car go.

Crazy. I very much get a Soup Nazi vibe from Tesla..

a0Qp55B2dWvQkfZD-0oQXEpXPYDsV36wy_Gi7PH1kZE.jpg

I totally agree. In my situation, CT, there are no Tesla dealers authorized here (just service centers) and they cannot do home delivery. While a 2 hour drive each way to the nearest delivery center in NY may seem trivial, it took me about 5 hours between getting the car, inspecting and completing paperwork, then driving back. And due to their inflexibility (they gave me only a 2 day window) I had to do it on a workday vs a weekend.

It's a really poor model that will turn people off when they no longer have the best (IMHO) EV product for the money and there is real competition. They get away with it for now, but it won't last forever.
I agree. The heats comin'

Delivery went smoothly! After the treasure hunt through the parking lot to find my vehicle (which was actually kinda fun lol) I took a quick look around the car and found it to be pretty flawless! Drove it home 20 mins in the rain and didn't want to get out 😂

Once the car dried off, I did find a small love mark on the trunk lid. Was easily buffed out luckily.

All I've done to it so far is put on a screen protector and a larger SSD for the sentry footage - I'll probably change the emblems to black soon!

IMG_20220601_193640.jpg