Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hoping for a vin today. Otherwise I suspect to be pushed again. Haven’t heard anything from Tesla since receiving a trade-in text on 5/19.

4/8 Original Order date. Upgraded to performance on 4/28. Bay area.

Attachments

• B8F1E3A8-8F5B-4F84-9709-2EF5091320E5.jpeg
    B8F1E3A8-8F5B-4F84-9709-2EF5091320E5.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 88
Happened to me. Got pushed back two weeks because the service center wrecked it. Got a call 2 1/2 hours before I was to pick it up on 5/23 that they wrecked it. Although minor, but will have to order another front fascia. Thought I was buying a new car but now a repaired car. Scheduled for pickup on 6/6 now.

I saw a post sometime ago about a person's pickup date pushed back because the car was damaged prior to delivery. A body shop made the repairs before the person picked it up. He ended up selling the car sometime later and was surprised to see that the car had a accident/repair on carfax report. The carfax report lowered the value of the car.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to you, but its something to look out for and maybe ask Tesla for more information.

I saw a post sometime ago about a person's pickup date pushed back because the car was damaged prior to delivery. A body shop made the repairs before the person picked it up. He ended up selling the car sometime later and was surprised to see that the car had a accident/repair on carfax report. The carfax report lowered the value of the car.

I'm not saying this is going to happen to you, but its something to look out for and maybe ask Tesla for more information.
Good point about CarfFax. I've got it on my list of things to check along with Autocheck. May get a written statement from them that it will not be reported. Thanks!

Reactions: Panel Gaps
New member 1st post. Been reading for weeks. I was Learning the official Tesla Lingo, so I can pick up what you set down. I was Apprehensive about joining but all your posts encouraged me to do so.
OD 4/14. M3LR MSM black DD july-August
5/5 changed order to m3p pwb. DD 6/6-7/11
Selected cash option 5/17 Ish got DD of 5/28-6/11
Locked loan in on 5/19. Got new DD of 6/8-7/6
6/3 new DD of 6/12-6/26

I’m in the Gilroy, San Jose area.

I used the Tesla vin find thing and have not found a vin associated with my order. Not sure if the new delivery estimate will stick or not. I also do not have a SA assigned as my order was placed online. I can not modify my other post. Sorry I didn’t include the info then.

I used the Tesla vin find thing and have not found a vin associated with my order. Not sure if the new delivery estimate will stick or not. I also do not have a SA assigned as my order was placed online. I can not modify my other post. Sorry I didn’t include the info then.
If you respond to the text messages you've received from Tesla someone will respond. This is you SA. I went by my local showroom a few weeks ago to introduce a buddy to the cars and the guy behind the counter who Ive spoken with before told me that he or someone at that location are the guys that are actually responding to me. Its probably similar in your case.

If you respond to the text messages you've received from Tesla someone will respond. This is you SA. I went by my local showroom a few weeks ago to introduce a buddy to the cars and the guy behind the counter who Ive spoken with before told me that he or someone at that location are the guys that are actually responding to me. Its probably similar in your case.
Ok thanks.

New member 1st post. Been reading for weeks. I was Learning the official Tesla Lingo, so I can pick up what you set down. I was Apprehensive about joining but all your posts encouraged me to do so.
OD 4/14. M3LR MSM black DD july-August
5/5 changed order to m3p pwb. DD 6/6-7/11
Selected cash option 5/17 Ish got DD of 5/28-6/11
Locked loan in on 5/19. Got new DD of 6/8-7/6
6/3 new DD of 6/12-6/26

I’m in the Gilroy, San Jose area.
Welcome to the Waiting Room. Even though I'm in Los Angeles, you and I have the same last two EDDs. I think they will push right on the first date and also narrow down from 14 to 10 to 4-days first. Get our VINs about that same time the window shrinks. Seems Delivery kind of springs up during that 4-day..sometimes outside of it depending on available appts at the delivery center. Are you picking yours up from Fremont?

Maybe they'll drop off yours on their way to LA...could be made on the same day, right?

Cool pics of the trailer w/ the 3's on board.

Welcome to the Waiting Room. Even though I'm in Los Angeles, you and I have the same last two EDDs. I think they will push right on the first date and also narrow down from 14 to 10 to 4-days first. Get our VINs about that same time the window shrinks. Seems Delivery kind of springs up during that 4-day..sometimes outside of it depending on available appts at the delivery center. Are you picking yours up from Fremont?

Maybe they'll drop off yours on their way to LA...could be made on the same day, right?

I had a 14 day and a vin. Narrowed to 5 days. Pushed out 5 days and now have a 7 day for June 7-13. I've not had any messages including the car leaving the factory. So I'm really hoping I'm not getting pushed again.

Reactions: julit0

I will get it wherever is fastest 😂. What color are you getting. I got a bunch or boxes delivered for pickup. They don’t come with floor mats I’m told by a coworker so if the area is wet or dirty you may want to get some or take some paper to put down until you can.

Reactions: julit0