Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Were they able to remove FSD and transfer your reservation?
I wasn't able to get in touch with my SA in time, but I figured I would just go for it and I could always cancel my order later. I didn't want to lose the vehicle. Honestly, I don't mind having to pay for FSD, it's only a little extra each month, and compared to how much I'm filling my tank every week/month I think it was worth it.

Reactions: julit0 and Nda721
Is it normal to get a VIN just 5 days after ordering? I want to be thrilled but after what I've been reading here I don't know WHAT to get excited about. Oh, and my EDD was changed from September 5th at the latest to June 27th at the latest.

I feel like this is too good to be true and it'll arrive with old headlights, old processor, and no ECU port thing. 😆

Reactions: julit0
Is it normal to get a VIN just 5 days after ordering? I want to be thrilled but after what I've been reading here I don't know WHAT to get excited about. Oh, and my EDD was changed from September 5th at the latest to June 27th at the latest.

I feel like this is too good to be true and it'll arrive with old headlights, old processor, and no ECU port thing. 😆
That seems awfully quick. Is it a earlier vin number? Maybe someone backed out and you got lucky?

As expected, just received my VIN with estimated delivery date 6/21 thru 6/24. I'm not available to pickup on those dates? Trying to figure out if someone can pickup on my behalf and/ or if they can hold for a few extra days until the 6/29.
How long do I wait to be reassigned a new VIN? I ordered on 4/27/2022.

You might be right. VIN is 273. Isn't that smack dab in old headlight territory?

*Edit: just checked, headlights should be good.
I’m “268” picked it up yesterday. Ordered it on March 29th. It has the matrix and charger so I would think yours would be good to go. But I honestly have no clue. I don’t think there’s been a performance model without them but I could be wrong

• Informative
Reactions: Brou
As expected, just received my VIN with estimated delivery date 6/21 thru 6/24. I'm not available to pickup on those dates? Trying to figure out if someone can pickup on my behalf and/ or if they can hold for a few extra days until the 6/29.
How long do I wait to be reassigned a new VIN? I ordered on 4/27/2022.
Holding depends on your SA though the general trend seems to be they don't typically hold them for more than 3-5 days. Rumor has it there will be new guidance on this soon. Until then youre somewhat at the mercy of your SA.

All parties on the title need to be present along with the required documents. You won't be able to have someone pick it up for you.

VIN reassignments anecdotally have been taking from days to a few weeks. Your SA should be able to give you a better idea. Given the desire to get as many vehicles sold before the end of quarter they may be willing to work with you on the pick up date.