Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 5/28/2022
Upgraded to Performance: 6/6/2022
Received VIN: 6/6/2022 266***
Scheduled delivery: 6/10/2022

Just noticed on the vehicle config sheet the car's got 28 miles. Do I have a rejected car? Why is the mileage so high?

I thought that was just a random place-holder number. Mine said 15 miles which is higher than any new car I've ever received. Usually it's around 4 or 5 miles.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
Does anyone have a suggested youtube video or webpage they recommend to learn how to inspect the car at the time of delivery? I'm concerned because I feel like I don't know what to look for. I've seen checklists but I'm not sure I could spot a paint defect or know whether a panel gap is abnormal or not.

Reactions: finaufan
I thought that was just a random place-holder number. Mine said 15 miles which is higher than any new car I've ever received. Usually it's around 4 or 5 miles.
here's what my SA replied:
"And yes, new cars can have up to 50 miles due to moving around through lots for logistics. You have from freemont, to the railyard, off the railyard, and then moving around the small parking lot. It is a brand new car!"

Reactions: julit0 and MyMYLRnw
here's what my SA replied:
"And yes, new cars can have up to 50 miles due to moving around through lots for logistics. You have from freemont, to the railyard, off the railyard, and then moving around the small parking lot. It is a brand new car!"
I was just going to respond that there's probably some logistics miles in there. Tesla goes to great lengths to maximize their transport effectiveness. I could see them shipping a car as part of a group via truck to one service center, for example, and then driving it to a satellite service center to be delivered to the customer rather than have the truck make two stops.

There was a price increase just last month for California superchargers. I pulled this from an article on the matter:

"peak hours will now cost $0.58 USD per kWh instead of $0.48 USD per kWh, while off-peak Supercharging (which is typically priced lower) will be billed at $0.29 USD per kWh instead of $0.24 USD per kWh."

So I guess if you charge off-peak at a SC you could save a few bucks.

Sadly, with the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant likely going offline in 2025 (there's still some debate it seems on what PG&E / CA govt are going to do) I think rates are likely to keep going up in the coming years.

EDIT: Quick thought, you might look into what other charging companies are charging like Electrify America, EVgo, Blink and others. Use plugshare.com to see whats available near you.
Thisnis why i just put an oversized solar system on my house to fully run my house and charge my Tesla

In the hopes I could get my vin sooner and car by the end of the quarter, I asked my SA to change my pickup preference from at a store to directly at the factory since I only live 20 minutes away from Fremont.

I figure the less they have to do to get me my car then I might get it sooner (wishful thinking). If that helps me get my car sooner remains to be seen. My EDD had been 6/11-6/25 until it got bumped to 7/28-9/8 this past Sunday.

Latest Update as of last night. Still not receiving text alerts, but my EDD window narrowed and a VIN was assigned.

M3P | Midnight Silver | Black interior | No FSD
OD: 5/19- M3LR
EDD #1: 9/3 - 10/4
5/24- Changed to Performance
EDD #2 (5/28): 6/19 - 7/3
EDD #3 (6/7): 6/25 - 6/29 [VIN assigned]

Found lower APR financing than Tesla through a credit union out of Charleston. Now trying to button up the final details as this process has gone quicker than anticipated.