Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the next 24 hours are going to be big. Last quarter there were a few days where it was just VIN after VIN.
Heavy end of the quarter push for sure. I read an article somewhere where Musk told his staff to basically buckle up for the end of quarter push.

Sm
I was actually tagging the tesla employee in this forum just to see if he's heard or seen Elon emails about what is mentioned in the article :)
Sm
I was actually tagging the tesla employee in this forum just to see if he's heard or seen Elon emails about what is mentioned in the article :)
🤦‍♂️ sorry lol

• Funny
Reactions: RedRocketM3P
My feeling about the vinpoaclypse is just because there are only so many days left in the month. They’ve got to get the cars made and assigned, transported, detailed, schedule deliveries, get / wait for payments and it all has to be done by the end of the month. I don’t know how many cars they’re going to deliver in total this quarter but it’s likely even more than last quarter. There’s a bunch of us still waiting for VINs and that’s the first step of all that other stuff still to do. I say they’ve got a week tops but last time I want to say it was a Monday morning a few weeks before end of quarter.

My feeling about the vinpoaclypse is just because there are only so many days left in the month. They’ve got to get the cars made and assigned, transported, detailed, schedule deliveries, get / wait for payments and it all has to be done by the end of the month. I don’t know how many cars they’re going to deliver in total this quarter but it’s likely even more than last quarter. There’s a bunch of us still waiting for VINs and that’s the first step of all that other stuff still to do. I say they’ve got a week tops but last time I want to say it was a Monday morning a few weeks before end of quarter.
This may bode ill for the Quality Control department if they have to let the quotas slip through. In the End, I’ll probably still take what I get and hope the SC will fix it as needed. Might be better than this roller coaster.

This may bode ill for the Quality Control department if they have to let the quotas slip through. In the End, I’ll probably still take what I get and hope the SC will fix it as needed. Might be better than this roller coaster.
I’ve wondered about that too. On one hand they’re cranking them out and quality control could slip. On the other hand the workers are probably in a good rhythm at their assigned stations and optimizing their assembly procedures to avoid mistakes. Then again, this is Tesla 😆

Reactions: julit0
Joining in here. Just ordered today. Grey eyed white interior. Hopefully hear news soon and a vin. How long has it been typically to get assigned a vin?
Congrats on the new order. I’ve been 6 weeks without a VIN yet and currently on a 2-week window.

There’s some here since April without VINs. You may get lucky, but don’t be surprised if your order is more of a Q3 delivery since Q2 ends in just over 2 weeks.