Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have white interior too but I'm worried about going lower than 30% because the inspectors here are tint Nazis. But at 30% with white interior I doubt it's even worth spending the money. Definitely want to see the pics to see how dark 15% looks with white interior.
That sucks. Luckily California is pretty lenient on tint, I had a buddy who did 5% on his jag for all windows and he never got crap for it. But, when I lived in Utah the cops would randomly pull you over for tint and test the percentage and give you a fix-it ticket. Either remove it or pay a fine. I don't miss Utah lol.

Reactions: Ben Tarver and Brou
I just got the text for delivery!! I can set it up for Friday but they have me setup for home delivery and i am trying to switch it to pick up at the showroom hopefully sooner. I don’t want to be rushed on my inspection
For all those picking up their car in the next few days, come back to visit and share your delivery process. Would love to learn from those experience. Thanks in advance.

In California your insurance will cover a new car for 30 days
Progressive messed up my deductible and after getting it fixed my rate jumped to 950/6 months. I just got a quote from Geico for $730/6 months. And Tesla quoted me $118/mo. Since I just uploaded all my insurance to my CU and Tesla, I'm just riding with it for a week before I change to another provider. I've had good experiences with Geico in the past, but have heard nothing about Tesla insurance if it is good or not. So I'm probably going to switch to Geico.

Hi all!

I ordered a M3LR on 6/5 with delivery to LA and a current EDD of September 3-October 15. I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on switching to the M3P since the delivery times are significantly shorter? My situation is a bit messy because I’m moving to LA in early July and don’t currently have a car so will be relying on Ubers until I get my car delivered. I’m not too concerned with the extra price of the M3P but am concerned with 40 miles less range…

Hi all!

I ordered a M3LR on 6/5 with delivery to LA and a current EDD of September 3-October 15. I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on switching to the M3P since the delivery times are significantly shorter? My situation is a bit messy because I’m moving to LA in early July and don’t currently have a car so will be relying on Ubers until I get my car delivered. I’m not too concerned with the extra price of the M3P but am concerned with 40 miles less range…
You can help the range out by swapping the Uber's for 18's/19's.

Did you see anything about how much this will effect your aerodynamics and mileage?
The most important thing I've read is to keep the same size on the front and back (I'm doing 20mm) for best handling improvement. I've read from others who did it that the range will take a small hit but not a big deal.

Edit: And they all recommend mud flaps if you do it so you don't fling rocks up at the fenders of the car.

What are your red lines in terms of accepting/refusing the car? For me, if there are severe paint problems, large panel gaps, or functional issues then I'm probably going to pass. Anything else (scratches, small gaps, etc.) then I'll probably accept and just schedule a service appt to address it.

What are your red lines in terms of accepting/refusing the car? For me, if there are severe paint problems, large panel gaps, or functional issues then I'm probably going to pass. Anything else (scratches, small gaps, etc.) then I'll probably accept and just schedule a service appt to address it.
Everything can be brought into perfect condition at the service center with the exception of paint. Paint is a fickle thing and can be difficult to repair perfectly. Id probably worry about major paint issues, but small stuff doesn't bother me. Its a car. Its going to get dinged. My kids are absolutely going to bump their handlebars into it as they leave the garage. Some rogue tumbleweed is going to scrape it on a roadtrip across the desert southwest. Im debating PPF on the front ($1500 quote for the full front end in Xpel) but am weighing it all against that key phrase - "its a car".

The infamous panel gaps have largely been eliminated lately as far as has been reported on the forums. Even then, they arent difficult fixes. Service can do it at home in most cases. Really small stuff can be DIY. The procedures are covered in the now free service manuals.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I'm in the same boat. Last time this happened on June 12, they pushed my first date to June 15.
The most important thing I've read is to keep the same size on the front and back (I'm doing 20mm) for best handling improvement. I've read from others who did it that the range will take a small hit but not a big deal.

Edit: And they all recommend mud flaps if you do it so you don't fling rocks up at the fenders of the car.
Yeah I ordered the same mud flaps you did like a month and a half ago. Sitting in the. Garage

Reactions: RedRocketM3P