Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chose no trade also and still got a trade text. But I never got any of the other automated texts, not even my VIN. Only in the app
Also good to know, thanks! In my case it was a phone call and we had a chat for a few minutes.

Hope you can pickup your car before 4pm! HATE dealing with the 880 freeway in general, more so at that time. I had that freeway as my main commute from Hayward to Sunnyvale for 4 years and NEVER want to do that again LOL.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
082174FA-1D9B-45E5-8CED-6A1A930C80B3.jpeg

Look at all those frames waiting to be born into cars.

Everything can be brought into perfect condition at the service center with the exception of paint. Paint is a fickle thing and can be difficult to repair perfectly. Id probably worry about major paint issues, but small stuff doesn't bother me. Its a car. Its going to get dinged. My kids are absolutely going to bump their handlebars into it as they leave the garage. Some rogue tumbleweed is going to scrape it on a roadtrip across the desert southwest. Im debating PPF on the front ($1500 quote for the full front end in Xpel) but am weighing it all against that key phrase - "its a car".

The infamous panel gaps have largely been eliminated lately as far as has been reported on the forums. Even then, they arent difficult fixes. Service can do it at home in most cases. Really small stuff can be DIY. The procedures are covered in the now free service manuals.
You are correct on paint issues, essentially anything wrong with paint requires repainting unless its just an overspray or surface contamination issue. And once repainting is needed to correct, I walk!!! Regarding panel gaps, I'd venture to say 90% of every model Tesla we looked at over a couple of months at 3 different delivery centers suffered very excessive and inconsistent gaps, either too large or too small or tapered.