Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<3
Window tint tomorrow evening!

Attachments

• 8EC5D15A-EBA5-4070-8851-D3A2B25BAC27.jpeg
    8EC5D15A-EBA5-4070-8851-D3A2B25BAC27.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 68
it says I need to make final payment. Well that’s the next step. Have you guys done this before you got to the delivery date or waited until pickup?
I let it ride until the day I picked up. Didn't submit any payment stuff until I was for sure taking the car.

Dropped off my girl for her Tint and PPF wrap. Sucks to be giving up the car so quickly, but I know when she's done, it'll be work it. I was really impressed with the condition of the shop. My good buddy had two of his Xs done there and they have specialized in Tesla for 3 years+. They even have a thread here in the Community. They were already washing her before I walked off the lot to go home, and got down to business. Going with 20% Suntek CeramicIR on all windows and rear (one-piece) and 80% on the windshield. Getting a full PPF wrap in regular gloss, cause I prefer the "wet" look. Two other new M3s drove up in the time I was there...happy to be 1st in. Pics later after pickup!
#teamflatbroke #teamblue

One note - there was an M3LR in the shop and they had to REMOVE all the tint. It was a lease and being turned back in. They said the customer was told by Tesla to remove it.
View attachment 818845

Awesome! I was thinking about taking my car there too but just a bit too far from where I live in LA, so going to two separate places here in the valley for PPF + Ceramic and for the tint. The tint shop said something about a halo effect on the front windshield tint so they don't recommend it. They won't tint the roof either apparently.

Dropped off my girl for her Tint and PPF wrap. Sucks to be giving up the car so quickly, but I know when she's done, it'll be work it. I was really impressed with the condition of the shop. My good buddy had two of his Xs done there and they have specialized in Tesla for 3 years+. They even have a thread here in the Community. They were already washing her before I walked off the lot to go home, and got down to business. Going with 20% Suntek CeramicIR on all windows and rear (one-piece) and 80% on the windshield. Getting a full PPF wrap in regular gloss, cause I prefer the "wet" look. Two other new M3s drove up in the time I was there...happy to be 1st in. Pics later after pickup!
#teamflatbroke #teamblue

One note - there was an M3LR in the shop and they had to REMOVE all the tint. It was a lease and being turned back in. They said the customer was told by Tesla to remove it.
View attachment 818845
That looks like a clean shop. I may have to drive down there when I get a car

Reactions: julit0
Awesome! I was thinking about taking my car there too but just a bit too far from where I live in LA, so going to two separate places here in the valley for PPF + Ceramic and for the tint. The tint shop said something about a halo effect on the front windshield tint so they don't recommend it. They won't tint the roof either apparently.
I'm sure there's perfectly awesome places closer to you, too. Concours Auto Spa did have two locations - one in Marina Del Rey near the Tesla DC...and I went to Torrance, because it was about 4 miles from home.

The halo effect on windshield - I haven't heard many complaints about that at all...Where it does come into play is if you have Polarized lenses on your sunglasses...you will definitely see a rainbow/halo through all your tint and screen protector. I got new non-polarized glasses (matching the car of course) specifically for this reason. They are NOT doing my roof either, as part of the package - so just that small square above driver/passenger is the only glass not getting something. They are doing once piece from that middle roof pillar to the trunk shelf. You can always add it on later if you still want it IMO.

They do de-badge (and remove the CF spoiler) the car to put PPF on. I ordered new emblems, but the shop would have put brand new OEM ones if I wanted. They'll re-mount the spoiler of course.

it says I need to make final payment. Well that’s the next step. Have you guys done this before you got to the delivery date or waited until pickup?
Personally I did my final payment once it allowed me too. But I knew I was going to take the car even if it had some small blemishes that would get fixed at a later date. But I think it’s person preference, I know a lot of people don’t make final payment until after they’ve inspected their car.

Reactions: julit0
Those of you who picked up and received the mobile charger: What adapters did your kit include? I have the J1772 adapter and also the Nema 5-15 cord. I thought there would also be a Nema 15-40. Just want to see if I got shafted or if they are including just the lower tier kit.

anyone figure out what a realistic round trip range is? without going less then 20 percent on the battery and charging around 80-85 percent? 75-80 mph
If you limit yourself to just 60% of the packs capacity Id wager 150-160 miles range.

I have been using some route planning tools for a roadtrip coming up this weekend. PHX to LA, just stopping twice for 25 minutes each. This is based on me leaving home with 100%, targeting no less than 30% SoC (cause im a wuss this first time out), and arriving with no less than 25%.

Just cruising on the freeway Ive been getting about 265-280 wh/mile. Spirited driving is.......higher.

If you limit yourself to just 60% of the packs capacity Id wager 150-160 miles range.

I have been using some route planning tools for a roadtrip coming up this weekend. PHX to LA, just stopping twice for 25 minutes each. This is based on me leaving home with 100%, targeting no less than 30% SoC (cause im a wuss this first time out), and arriving with no less than 25%.

Just cruising on the freeway Ive been getting about 265-280 wh/mile. Spirited driving is.......higher.
A buddy said when he got his car tesla recommended he not charge over 80 percent and go under 20 percent regularly so the batteries last the longest. He has the long range model. his round trip is 98 miles daily and i think he comes home with less then 40 percent charge.