Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations (Amazon doesnt seem to have?) CF M3 license plate frame?
Not CF, or M3 specific, but I recently starting using silicone plate frames and will never go back to metal or carbon ones again. These look so clean, protect your paint and don’t buzz from exhaust (or uh… loud music in a tesla). Lots of brands to choose from but I happened on these and they are nice. Amazon

Not CF, or M3 specific, but I recently starting using silicone plate frames and will never go back to metal or carbon ones again. These look so clean, protect your paint and don’t buzz from exhaust (or uh… loud music in a tesla). Lots of brands to choose from but I happened on these and they are nice.
I agree with the silicone plates and think they look good also (at least with my Blue P3).

Those of you who picked up and received the mobile charger: What adapters did your kit include? I have the J1772 adapter and also the Nema 5-15 cord. I thought there would also be a Nema 15-40. Just want to see if I got shafted or if they are including just the lower tier kit.
Tesla stopped including the 14-50 in 2019. They are bringing it back with the mobile connector bundle now that people have to purchase it rather than the MC being included with the car.
So on the site there are actually two versions of the mobile connector kit. It has a dropdown link. One includes the 14-50 and one doesnt.
There are actually 3. I have no idea why you wouldn't want the 14-50 when it is included in the same price as the 5-15 only bundle on the one. With that said, Both on the store right now (neither is in stock) appear to be 14-50 capable out of the box. After they stopped including the mobile connector on new orders, they have bundled the 5-15 and 14-50 adaptors with the one mobile connector for sale in the store. This is essentially what you got for "free" with your car minus the 14-50. The other 14-50 on there is a corded connector i.e. you can't switch that out for different adapters. The difference being the later has a slightly higher charge rate (40A vs 32A).

Last edited:
Reactions: julit0
Ive been charging mine to 90 every night. Ive read from a variety of sources that 90 and below is safe and there's almost no difference in degradation between 80 and 90.
That's interesting! Based on what I found in optiwatt (How to Maximize your Tesla's Battery Efficiency and Life - Optiwatt) a research found that charging to 90% every night with infrequent supercharging leads to around average of 5% battery life degradation after 50,000 miles. Most people say 80% is the sweet spot between practicability and efficiency so I've been charging mine to 80%. I wish there was more research between the difference of charging 80% and 90% but even then I'd guess that variance would be give or take 2-3% in battery degradation after 50,000 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: t-rex266
That's interesting! Based on what I found in optiwatt (How to Maximize your Tesla's Battery Efficiency and Life - Optiwatt) a research found that charging to 90% every night with infrequent supercharging lead to around average of 5% battery life degradation after 50,000 miles. Most people say 80% is the sweet spot between practicability and efficiency so I've been charging mine to 80%. I wish there was more research between the difference of charging 80% and 90% but even then I'd guess that variance would be give or take 2-3% in battery degradation after 50,000 miles.
I read that link when you posted it yesterday. I didn't see anything conclusive that said 90 would be any worse than 80. Did I miss something? 80% is totally fine for my daily uses and I could certainly not charge as high.

I read that link when you posted it yesterday. I didn't see anything conclusive that said 90 would be any worse than 80. Did I miss something? 80% is totally fine for my daily uses and I could certainly not charge as high.
I guess people are basing it off on a common electricity knowledge that the less cramped these electrons are the longevity with your battery life will be improved. What really matters the most to you would be is are you okay with losing approximately 5% of your battery life after 50,000 miles of driving if you are charging up to 90% every day with infrequent supercharge usage. If not, charging your vehicle to 80% daily with infrequent supercharging is going to yield you even less battery degradation so I believe that's the route we should take as a Tesla owner. Personally, for me, I would like to reduce my battery degradation as much as possible so I thought the sweet spot is 80%, I'm expecting around 2-3% degradation after 50,000 miles based on many research papers on this issue.

I guess people are basing it off on a common electricity knowledge that the less cramped these electrons are the longevity with your battery life will be improved. What really matters the most to you would be is are you okay with losing approximately 5% of your battery life after 50,000 miles of driving if you are charging up to 90% every day with infrequent supercharge usage. If not, charging your vehicle to 80% daily with infrequent supercharging is going to yield you even less battery degradation so I believe that's the route we should take as a Tesla owner. Personally, for me, I would like to reduce my battery degradation as much as possible so I thought the sweet spot is 80%, I'm expecting around 2-3% degradation after 50,000 miles based on many research papers on this issue.
that was my thoughts also

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
Nice C8 next to it

Attachments

• 9911B133-2356-49BF-A7F1-1AF150F0234E.jpeg
    9911B133-2356-49BF-A7F1-1AF150F0234E.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 78
End of the Q is approaching so I think Tesla is going to hit max speed on VINs...hopefully.
I think they can only count a car they deliver. So California and Austin are going to go crazy.

I think for the rest of us are going to waiting. It looks for east coast it’s 12 days from vin to delivery.

Remember when they had customer deliver cars in the beginning :) that was crazy. If Lucid did that tesla owners would go nuts about how crazy that would be. Most of them weren’t here in the beginning.

Reactions: julit0
I think they can only count a car they deliver. So California and Austin are going to go crazy.

I think for the rest of us are going to waiting. It looks for east coast it’s 12 days from vin to delivery.

Remember when they had customer deliver cars in the beginning :) that was crazy. If Lucid did that tesla owners would go nuts about how crazy that would be. Most of them weren’t here in the beginning.
My order was placed on 4/30 for the SR, then to LR on 5/12, then to Performance on 6/4. OD to Delivery in 42 days. I got a rejected VIN from the 260s, so they probably found my upgrade and decided to give that to me. I ordered after the deadline to get a Tesla with a charger included, and ended up with a $400 Wall Connector and the free charger in the trunk.

Reactions: dnstommy
End of the Q is approaching so I think Tesla is going to hit max speed on VINs...hopefully.
Those still with a DD in June most likely will get a #. Those in the July range may get one if someone in their area passes or can’t complete the finance. I was told they do not do any vehicle stuff the first two weeks of July. Maybe the Austin employee can confirm if it isn’t a conflict of employment. Don’t want to jeopardize his livelihood.