Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it mean when you’re constantly connected mate? My living room is right next to my garage, so mine will be too.
Less of a worry if it’s in your garage. I’d worry if it was in a driveway though. It’s very possible. You’ll be able to see clearly on the app. It doesn’t tell you that you’re still connected though unless you physically check the app. I’m not complaining, the range is a good thing compared to my BMW with a key fob but as someone who uses the phone for a key the range can be almost too good. I was at a bar the other night and my car was parked out front and was still connected. In that case I just check and turn off the Bluetooth on my phone

I never had this issue with my other 2022 M3P. As soon as I was more than ~5 feet or so away, it locked. I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro, in case that helps narrow it down.

For those who have taken delivery - what software version is on your car?
I updated to 2022.16.3 the day after I accepted delivery. No idea what SW version the car shipped with.

2022.20.6 is currently being rolled out so that'll probably be the version y'all's cars will come with.

I updated to 2022.16.3 the day after I accepted delivery. No idea what SW version the car shipped with.

2022.20.6 is currently being rolled out so that'll probably be the version y'all's cars will come with.
I doubt it! I took delivery of my last one in December, with an October build date, and the software version was from June. Crazy that your VIN was in the system so quickly for the update - usually it's ~1-4 weeks. Maybe they've improved!

Reactions: Flatbroke
Less of a worry if it’s in your garage. I’d worry if it was in a driveway though. It’s very possible. You’ll be able to see clearly on the app. It doesn’t tell you that you’re still connected though unless you physically check the app. I’m not complaining, the range is a good thing compared to my BMW with a key fob but as someone who uses the phone for a key the range can be almost too good. I was at a bar the other night and my car was parked out front and was still connected. In that case I just check and turn off the Bluetooth on my phone
FYI, anytime you open the app on your phone, it's going to connect to your car... whether you're 10 feet away, or 1000 miles. The 'connected' it lists in there indicates that it has a network connection to your car, so the data you're seeing is live data (and not stale, as sometimes happens when you first open the app), so the SOC can be trusted, etc.

So, moral of the story - if you're worried because someone can just go outside and open your doors because it says 'connected' in your app - don't be. Just have someone test it. Mine never unlocked unless I was within ~5 feet or so.

"Connected" in the app means it's connected over the internet, and does not necessarily indicate the state of the bluetooth connection.

OD 6/12 with EDD Aug 11 - Sept 8th
White/Black

Debating on changing the interior to white, but truly not sure. Congratulations guys on the 2 week EDDs! I’m hoping I see an update soon as well!
I have MY with white interior. It is really nice, but really really bright in the car. My M3P is black. I like black in a sport model. My 2 cents.

Yesterday I got some rusk on the white seat from a CO2 tank. Wiped right off. Its crazy has stain resistant it is.
That's good to know! I had a white interior in my 2016 BMW M235i, and hated it. 5,000 miles in, the outer bolsters on both front seats were stained blue from our jeans, every little mark showed up on them, etc. Sounds like the vegan leather in the Tesla is a LOT better - I may have to opt for white next time.

• Funny
Reactions: Flatbroke
Congrats! Glad to hear about the good build quality, hopefully this will be the trend for everyone.
It definitely helps that we're just coming off of the beginning of the quarter - that's when they perform all of their maintenance, recalibrate things, etc. If you get a bad build in the first month or so of a quarter, it's likely because a person screwed up... Towards the end of the quarter, it's likely because a machine is out-of-spec.