Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
1st post here. Ordered on 7-25 with my an ED of 10-8 to 11-19 in NJ
Drk Silver on black

Learning as much as I can on here so thanks for being a great resource!
-Z
Your order is interesting because I would expect your delivery date to be around 9/25. But that is EOQ and they will probably be focused on Cali deliveries, so us east coasters get left out of the EOQ delivery time lines.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
Your order is interesting because I would expect your delivery date to be around 9/25. But that is EOQ and they will probably be focused on Cali deliveries, so us east coasters get left out of the EOQ delivery time lines.
Makes you wonder from an East Coast standpoint what the no BS deadline will be for deliveries this quarter. Meaning do they normally keep working them through the end of the quarter or say 1 Sept they shift focus to the West Coast.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder from an East Coast standpoint what the no BS deadline will be for deliveries this quarter are. Meaning do they normally keep working them through the end of the quarter or say 1 Sept they shift focus to the West Coast.
They probably stop sending VINs to the east coast about 2-3 weeks before the end of the quarter, before shifting to deliveries they can definitely make by EOQ.

Hi everyone, I'm new to TMC. I ordered my M3P (MSM, black interior) on 7/13, and on 7/14 they gave me an EDD window of 7/24 - 8/7. I was a bit surprised at this, since it had said before I ordered that est. delivery was August - October. On 7/25, it changed to 8/5 - 8/19.

After reading quite a few of the posts in this thread, I've noticed that it seems uncommon to have a 2-week window right away. I do live in the bay area in CA, so maybe that's a factor, but it doesn't seem like it's simple to figure out the order of delivery from just the OD and location. I'm sure the number of orders in each region at a given time is also a major factor. It's interesting to see such a wide variety of experiences with this.

Just got a VIN assigned, sooner than I expected. Shame, I have to tell them I can’t take delivery until September 1st. I have a home purchase closing on 8/31, and can’t have this financing show up on the underwriting.

Kinda wish I could give the VIN to #Flatbroke 😂

Edit: it’s 320xxx in case anyone is wondering

Same config as mine. I could have gotten your car had you been closer, maybe? 😄
First EDD change in the books. Ordered yesterday with the current Aug-Oct window, updated this morning to 9/16 - 10/21. That was a much faster EDD change than last time I ordered. Let the dance begin!

I couldn't help but to notice that you guys where in the same area. @roadtrip I wonder if you changed your config.... you know where I'm getting at ha! However, I have no idea how the allocation works, no one does, so it's hard to say.

Same config as mine. I could have gotten your car had you been closer, maybe? 😄

I couldn't help but to notice that you guys where in the same area. @roadtrip I wonder if you changed your config.... you know where I'm getting at ha! However, I have no idea how the allocation works, no one does, so it's hard to say.
Is the part where I do evil-master-plan fingers? :D

• Funny
Reactions: unlock
8/14-9/18 at the moment. On day 28 today... 🤞

The person that I chatted with today over text said that mid-Aug DD is likely. For what it's worth... based on the activity in my neck of the woods.
I'm very curious how your advisor came to that edd of mid August. I chatted with one today who could see a more specific view different than our account. Even with my edd showing as Jul27-Aug24, on his side it only showed August with no specific date range, making it seem like I'm not close.

I'm very curious how your advisor came to that edd of mid August. I chatted with one today who could see a more specific view different than our account. Even with my edd showing as Jul27-Aug24, on his side it only showed August with no specific date range, making it seem like I'm not close.

I believe he was basing it off of the activity in this area and going off of that. If true I'd be ecstatic. I'm just remaining hopeful, rather than siding on the what if's.

Reactions: Ssheehan
I asked my SA today if I would soon be matched to a VIN. They replied: "Your estimated delivery is July 27 - August 24. You'll be getting matched to a VIN soon. A few days after that, you'll be able to schedule a pick-up time. After you get matched to your VIN, go ahead and complete the insurance section on your Tesla app."
Hopefully, I can see some updates this week :)

Reactions: t-rex266 and unlock