Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you driven anything with a DSG/DCT, or one of the newer ZF 8-speed autos? They downshift quite aggressively... I've had them in the Trackhawk, and a couple of BMWs now (including the new Supra), and that 8-speed auto is absolutely fantastic. Downshift engine braking is just as aggressive as a manual transmission, and it will do it just as aggressively as I would with a manual if you're in full-auto mode, in whatever sport mode the car has. As for a DSG/DCT, drive something with a proper transmission like the M2 Competition and you would not be left wanting.

Just throwing it out there. :)

Compared to those 'full auto ICE cars', the M3P is downright boring to drive, unless you're accelerating.
I've driven a handful but have never owned one to really learn the cars. Cayman's, M5's, and a supra. My wife drives a kia stinger and it also has a zf 8 speed transmission. You certainly make a valid point, suppose my butt dyno went WRX -> M3P -> Stinger so I'm more accustomed to a bit more aggressive regen vs the engine braking.

On that note does anyone find that the regen bumps up another level of aggressiveness in track mode? Certainly might be a placebo but there is been a few times that I get thrown forward more then I'm used to while in that mode.

It looks insane, every time I see it I want it more and more. Extremely unique as well I've only seen it one time in person.
Yeah, I saw a blue Rivian wrapped with the Xpel Stealth, and it looked amazing. The only problem (or another benefit, depending on your outlook) with the stealth wrap, though, is that it's a lot harder to hide imperfections. If they cut it a pinch too short on the edge of a bumper or something, you're going to have a shiny spot... With normal Xpel, you may not have ever even noticed it.

Reactions: Haste
website didnt adjust much for the month changing....
1659375141669.png

Reactions: Haste
I've driven a handful but have never owned one to really learn the cars. Cayman's, M5's, and a supra. My wife drives a kia stinger and it also has a zf 8 speed transmission. You certainly make a valid point, suppose my butt dyno went WRX -> M3P -> Stinger so I'm more accustomed to a bit more aggressive regen vs the engine braking.

On that note does anyone find that the regen bumps up another level of aggressiveness in track mode? Certainly might be a placebo but there is been a few times that I get thrown forward more then I'm used to while in that mode.
Between my wife and I, we've owned 7 STIs, so I get it! :)

I've driven a Stinger GT, but actually the trans was the thing I disliked about the car. For something they're labelling as a 'sporty' car, I felt that the transmission was very much tuned for comfort. If I was in sport mode with the Trackhawk (ZF8), it would bash your face into the dashboard if you weren't paying attention while decelerating. haha

Reactions: Flatbroke