Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine one day after you and my EDD of 9/4 - 10/9 has been unchanged for over 3 weeks. I'm taking delivery in St Louis which is near the general region as yours. Those Tesla loaded train cars from Fremont likely go to Chicago then break out to SC in the region. Hopefully I'll get mine a few days after you get yours likely in early Sept. That would fit with the 8 week delivery window from OD that most people are averaging on MP3.

That is except for Flatbroke o_O That 8 week window is long gone! If I was living that close to Fremont, I'd be camped out at the factory car exit door saying like a rabid zombie over and over again "Is that mine?"
reading all the posts here, i am expecting 60-75 days

Attached please find an updated pdf document which analyzes Troy Teslike's spreadsheet of Model 3 data located here:

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: LorentzTorque
Took delivery today at Mt. Kisco NY. Zero issues with the car. SC had the car unlocked so we were able to inspect the interior before accepting. Mobile charger with a J1772 adaptor in the trunk (OD 5/13) Forgot to enable all of the autopilot options before leaving, so I was actually happy for road construction. Autopilot is going to be a learning curve. I still don’t trust it, but it did well all the way home. I expected a rough ride and a lot of road noise, but it is on par and possibly better than my 2013 Lexus ES.

Gotta admit I was pretty worried about all the problems I read about here on TMC, but I’m thrilled with everything about this car. And it’s fast, so fracking quick it’s almost scary.

For everyone waiting, it’s worth it. Don’t give up and don’t worry about problems you don’t have yet.

Attachments

• 33696E32-EF53-46F8-B331-CC172D0C7571.jpeg
    33696E32-EF53-46F8-B331-CC172D0C7571.jpeg
    675.7 KB · Views: 81
Took delivery today at Mt. Kisco NY. Zero issues with the car. SC had the car unlocked so we were able to inspect the interior before accepting. Mobile charger with a J1772 adaptor in the trunk (OD 5/13) Forgot to enable all of the autopilot options before leaving, so I was actually happy for road construction. Autopilot is going to be a learning curve. I still don’t trust it, but it did well all the way home. I expected a rough ride and a lot of road noise, but it is on par and possibly better than my 2013 Lexus ES.

Gotta admit I was pretty worried about all the problems I read about here on TMC, but I’m thrilled with everything about this car. And it’s fast, so fracking quick it’s almost scary.

For everyone waiting, it’s worth it. Don’t give up and don’t worry about problems you don’t have yet.
congratulations!!

Been lurking, figured I should probably contribute.

Order date 6/5. White exterior, black interior
First EDD: 7/12-8/9
First two week window: 7/25-8/8
2nd: 7/31-8/15
3rd: 8/5-8/19

Starting to feel like I’ll be handed the torch from flatbroke when/if he gets a car
Yeah. You're west coast too so may join the rest of us that live just across the road from Tesla. They won't send us a car until the end of the quarter when it's too late to ship it anywhere else and still get the sale in for the quarter. Regardless of when you ordered. I still haven't seen anyone in CA get a VIN/car since the quarter started which is just reinforcing this thinking. A full month now. Where are the CA cars???!!!

Reactions: Heymon123
Yeah. You're west coast too so may join the rest of us that live just across the road from Tesla. They won't send us a car until the end of the quarter when it's too late to ship it anywhere else and still get the sale in for the quarter. Regardless of when you ordered. I still haven't seen anyone in CA get a VIN/car since the quarter started which is just reinforcing this thinking. A full month now. Where are the CA cars???!!!
It's interesting because any time I ask an advisor about that, they always say that they used to do it like that but they don't anymore

It's interesting because any time I ask an advisor about that, they always say that they used to do it like that but they don't anymore
See link below. It seems they DO still do this. So I'm not sure us west coast folks are doing ourselves any favors by ticking the "paying cash" box if you're planning on financing or even if you're not. They might push those that are paying cash to the very end of EOQ deliveries since they don't have to wait for financing to be finalized to get their payment.

Elon Musk warns Tesla workers of a 'nutty' end-of-quarter delivery wave

When I went to my local Tesla SC and I changed to the performance, the manager said I'll see you here in month since performance cars arrive faster and because of my OD I should get it soon, but being on my 3rd 2-week window makes me think they have always prioritized CA and west coast orders for EOQ.

Reactions: Flatbroke
Been lurking, figured I should probably contribute.

Order date 6/5. White exterior, black interior
First EDD: 7/12-8/9
First two week window: 7/25-8/8
2nd: 7/31-8/15
3rd: 8/5-8/19

Starting to feel like I’ll be handed the torch from flatbroke when/if he gets a car
I was thinking the same thing! All the positive reports of shrinking EDD windows and deliveries had me wondering if I angered Tesla, missed a step on the app, etc.

Nice. Congratulations. Glad everything was perfect.

How long after getting vin do you get notice it shipped from factory and to schedule delivery? Got my VIN July 28, EDD 8/8-14
That's going to vary on when a truck is available, etc. It's usually within a few days or so, though. Unfortunately, sometimes it seems people never get that text... Another crapshoot, just like everything else with this process, really! :)

I'd say later in your EDD is probably the safe bet for when you'll be able to pick up your car. If it was coming down here to North Carolina, I would bet on the 15th, so I would wager you'll get yours between the 12th and 14th, based on transit times.

Reactions: PeakPressureGr
Well got my first push back

Order date 6/22 white one white m3p
Range given originally June through August
First estimate 8/17 - 9/21
2nd estimate 8/9 - 8/23
Today I just received 9/2 - 9/30

My pre approval will now be pointless got on the last days of June 🙃