Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a text today asking if I wanted to trade in my current vehicle. It said to get a "non-obligatory" trade in offer send my VIN and mileage to them. Up to this point I had no intention as I figured a private sale would be better. I sent this info off and now they sent me a text saying they have unlocked the trade in portion on my Tesla.com account and now I can log in to complete the steps. So they want a bunch of pictures of my trade in. The question I have is if I go through all of these steps and decide not to use my car as a trade in does it slow the delivery process down at all ?
Thanks

OD(switched from LR to P) 6/12 | white/white | sf bay area

My last EDD was 7/27 - 8/24, and on 7/28 it changed to 9/12 - 10/17. I emailed one of my local tesla stores asking why I got such a huge delay. They said their internal production plan is estimating my car to be built within my previous range, and I should hear from them in about two weeks to schedule the delivery process. But my app is still showing 9/12 - 10/17. Not sure what is going on...

I received a text today asking if I wanted to trade in my current vehicle. It said to get a "non-obligatory" trade in offer send my VIN and mileage to them. Up to this point I had no intention as I figured a private sale would be better. I sent this info off and now they sent me a text saying they have unlocked the trade in portion on my Tesla.com account and now I can log in to complete the steps. So they want a bunch of pictures of my trade in. The question I have is if I go through all of these steps and decide not to use my car as a trade in does it slow the delivery process down at all ?
Thanks
I did the same thing two weeks ago and waited a day or two and they finally sent me an offer. I was never asked for any pictures which I was surprised by as it was a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. It was modified so I would assume that they would want more information. I did not take their offer as I sold it privately.

Reactions: Flatbroke
Omg!! Sorry to hear that. I dont think i could cope with this. Are they pushing you to End of Quarter to deliver a car made on the last day or two of quarter since its Fremont pick up? If so thats so unfair. Really hope not.
I thought that was their plan last quarter after the first two week window of May 28 was changed. I do not know whats going on. but am hopeful a VIN comes this week.

Last edited:
So called Tesla to ask about my ACH clearing and was told either today or tomorrow should be good to go for my down payment. She asked if I needed anything else so I just asked about the possible delivery window and she said based on the system and where the car is at it should make it to Raleigh, NC on the 11th. That would put it somewhere around 15-18 days from shipping to possible delivery after they receive and prep it.

+Omg!! Sorry to hear that. I dont think i could cope with this. Are they pushing you to End of Quarter to deliver a car made on the last day or two of quarter since its Fremont pick up? If so thats so unfair. Really hope not.

It better be a Plaid. :D
I'm sure most of us are guilty of some violation of the "bros before" pact, but I think it's about time he gets back in step and delivers your car! :)

What I find ironic is that not only has Ludacris's song - Move ##??#, (get out the way)...been made relevant with Tesla, but another song by Ludacris - Area Codes (I've got &%#$ in different area codes) may be on repeat on his playlist. 🤣

Not particularly my genre of music, but boy is it on point.

It better be a Plaid. :D

What I find ironic is that not only has Ludacris's song - Move ##??#, (get out the way)...been made relevant with Tesla, but another song by Ludacris - Area Codes (I've got &%#$ in different area codes) may be on repeat on his playlist. 🤣

Not particularly my genre of music, but boy is it on point.
Just don't play Another somebody done somebody wrong song !!! It might be too much to bare.