Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi y'all! Ordered my M3P June 2nd. Moved to CT from CO and missed the delivery but Tesla people were nice to match me to a car that left Tesla few days ago. SA mentioned that car will be here 14th to 16th on 8th (not sure how long it takes for the car to get here from CA to CT). App let me made appointment for the 18th. Just 8 days away and I can hardly wait! I've driven Model S ludicrous mode before so kinda know what to expect but looking forward to having my own. Anyone else went from V8 to Tesla and disliked the lack of sound?

Hi y'all! Ordered my M3P June 2nd. Moved to CT from CO and missed the delivery but Tesla people were nice to match me to a car that left Tesla few days ago. SA mentioned that car will be here 14th to 16th on 8th (not sure how long it takes for the car to get here from CA to CT). App let me made appointment for the 18th. Just 8 days away and I can hardly wait! I've driven Model S ludicrous mode before so kinda know what to expect but looking forward to having my own. Anyone else went from V8 to Tesla and disliked the lack of sound?
The sound took some getting used to just from the initial start up and when you really laid into the V8. I got used to the no engine sound and now enjoy the sound system more.

When I ordered 2 weeks ago Tesla said Sept-Oct. Then they bumped me to Nov-Dec. I've now been bumped to Dec-Feb 2023. Normally I would be okay with a wait but my previous Model 3 was totaled by a jerk running a red light. I'm currently forced to rent a car until I get a new one. The lady was underinsured as well so its coming out of my pocket. I'm stuck in a Corolla that costs 900 a month. I may have to dump this Tesla order if February is for real, because I cant keep pissing away money that long till it gets here. Used prices are insane so I'm not really sure what to do. The only other car that I like in the segment is the Volvo C40 because it has Volvo seats in wool which seems like the perfect setup to me but I lose out on range and power to get it. I could also buy a Bolt EUV with cash and stop having a car payment but then I'm driving a Bolt. I really just wish that lady had stopped at the light.

Anyone have any long term rental ideas, or even some positive vibes at this point.
No matter how much the EDD moves around. 8-9 weeks seems very consistent to plan on.

I'd say it's just different, I enjoy my performance ICE in different way to my tesla. The performance bar is really high on the M3P so you really need a dedicated track or some very tight corners to drive the car on the edge. The straight line performance is always there but throwing the car through some corners is puts the biggest smile on my face, your mileage will vary of course.

I'm coming from an Alfa Romeo 4C. It had the track exhaust which meant just pipe. No mufflers. I don't have my Tesla yet but I have a feeling I'm going to like the quietness. Every time I got on the throttle with the 4C everyone around knew it. The sound draws attention to you speeding. I think I'm going to like the stealthness of the Tesla

Last edited:
How did that process go? I am in a similar situation right now. Did you just simply say you can't accept that car? I messaged my SA with a few questions but didn't hear back yet.

How did that process go? I am in a similar situation right now. Did you just simply say you can't accept that car? I messaged my SA with a few questions but didn't hear back yet.
I would give the 1-800 number a call and ask someone on that end instead of waiting for response on the message. I have found it easier to wait on hold for 20 mins or so than to wait on a response that can take days.

@Gulfcoaster have you had any positive resolution?
Hey Flatbroke....Thanks for asking. I essentially wrote off ever receiving a perfect Tesla aka Unicorn. However, just today I am awaiting to hear if one the delivery center just got can be assigned to me. Its almost perfect, there is a bump in the paint directly in the middle of the rear drivers side door and the carbon fiber spoiler is super loose like the 3M adhesive tape didn't stick. Other than that, the overall condition is good and I'd accept it and get the spoiler reattached and maybe leave the bump in the paint alone. I'll update, I haven't been here at TMC in quite a while.

How about you?....any car yet?

Funny story. Nobody reached out to me but I got an email from service center with an invoice that they are fixing my Tesla in CO. I called that service center, and they got me in touch with sales. Sales said that the car can't leave CO and it needs a lot of work so it's better to match you with a car in CT. I updated my address online but that apparently didn't reflect to the SA. I'd say call a service center and try talking to a sales rep. I found a good one and she helped me big time by updating my address and all the info on my account. I hope that helps you out and you get your Tesla quickly.

Funny story. Nobody reached out to me but I got an email from service center with an invoice that they are fixing my Tesla in CO. I called that service center, and they got me in touch with sales. Sales said that the car can't leave CO and it needs a lot of work so it's better to match you with a car in CT. I updated my address online but that apparently didn't reflect to the SA. I'd say call a service center and try talking to a sales rep. I found a good one and she helped me big time by updating my address and all the info on my account. I hope that helps you out and you get your Tesla quickly.
Fact that car left Fremont and made it to CO so messed up is frustrating.

And it wasn't something minor either. The rocket panels were all messed up and it needed paint. If I was in CO, I would be waiting 6 weeks for the car to get repaired ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tesla needs someone in Fremont saying whether a car should go or not. And stop putting the onus on someone who has been waiting possibly 12 months to say no to the car.

When I ordered 2 weeks ago Tesla said Sept-Oct. Then they bumped me to Nov-Dec. I've now been bumped to Dec-Feb 2023. Normally I would be okay with a wait but my previous Model 3 was totaled by a jerk running a red light. I'm currently forced to rent a car until I get a new one. The lady was underinsured as well so its coming out of my pocket. I'm stuck in a Corolla that costs 900 a month. I may have to dump this Tesla order if February is for real, because I cant keep pissing away money that long till it gets here. Used prices are insane so I'm not really sure what to do. The only other car that I like in the segment is the Volvo C40 because it has Volvo seats in wool which seems like the perfect setup to me but I lose out on range and power to get it. I could also buy a Bolt EUV with cash and stop having a car payment but then I'm driving a Bolt. I really just wish that lady had stopped at the light.

Anyone have any long term rental ideas, or even some positive vibes at this point.
I can somewhat understand your pain man, my car got totaled in June and in a parking lot of all places because the lady didn't check when reversing and hit my car at the right angle. She had insurance and it was Statefarm but man there customer service in my experience was complete and utter dogshit. So I went through my own insurance and they will get the money back from Statefarm. I am out of a car since I had to give my rental back a month ago but I am able to share a car with my gf which works out. You can shop around for rentals, in my area in California a rental is about $1500 a month at least I could find. $900 is a lot so I understand but that is kinda like the car payment for the Tesla so that is another way to look at it? Either way I wish you could get your car sooner and not have to wait because $900 a month on a rental alone is a lot.

Arrived at Fremont Factory an hour early. Found the car being detailed. They did a great job inside and out. Did not notice any imperfections at all. Inside was super clean too. Thank you to all that hung out with me waiting for this day. They would not let me inside until I accepted delivery. Also it was missing the 14-50 plug. I put in a claim for that.
971558BB-0A7D-4455-809E-7956DA2A5B70.jpeg
D8669E9D-E709-44EC-AE7D-13934D65D371.jpeg
EC1DCBBF-2B40-402E-9A14-4ECD0C0260A3.jpeg