Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I'm also planning to wrap my MSM in XPEL Stealth PPF. It's hard to pick between that and the 3M satin psychedelic vinyl wrap, but the extra protection, self-healing properties, and 10-year warranty are pretty good selling points for the PPF.

Are your factory badges still available to be reattached? Or is your ranking (black badges) --> (no badges) --> (factory badges)?
After thinking about it more, I think I'm gonna leave it with no badges for the moment. I pick it up Monday morning so I'll see how I like it. Excited!

Just received another EDD today.

I was stuck on mid Aug to mid Sept for a while.

Now it moved to end of Aug to end of Sept.

We shall see if the rubber band effect holds true here. Gosh I hope...

Anything could happen here with maybe a projected DD of first or second week of Sept.

What do you guys think?
Placed my order 12 days before yours. I'm sitting at Aug 20- Sept 17. Been quite a few East Coast orders placed after me and they have their cars now or at least a VIN and a 2 week window. Seems like the date of order doesn't mean much. Purchasing a Tesla appears to be like Real Estate. It's all bout location, location , location :confused:

Just received another EDD today.

I was stuck on mid Aug to mid Sept for a while.

Now it moved to end of Aug to end of Sept.

We shall see if the rubber band effect holds true here. Gosh I hope...

Anything could happen here with maybe a projected DD of first or second week of Sept.

What do you guys think?
That is unfortunate! I hope it does come back.

No change here. I had my 14-50 outlet installed yesterday. My financing is good until 10 September.

Arrived at Fremont Factory an hour early. Found the car being detailed. They did a great job inside and out. Did not notice any imperfections at all. Inside was super clean too. Thank you to all that hung out with me waiting for this day. They would not let me inside until I accepted delivery. Also it was missing the 14-50 plug. I put in a claim for that.

The car is pretty nice. It’s also pretty fast. Took my buddy who owns a 3LR for a ride and he was amazed how much faster the seat of the pants feeling was then his.
I came back today just to see if you got your car yet or pulled out of the process from frustration. Glad to see that you took delivery and are enjoying the car. They really are worth waiting for. Have a great time with it! :D

Placed my order 12 days before yours. I'm sitting at Aug 20- Sept 17. Been quite a few East Coast orders placed after me and they have their cars now or at least a VIN and a 2 week window. Seems like the date of order doesn't mean much. Purchasing a Tesla appears to be like Real Estate. It's all bout location, location , location :confused:
I agree and I think by now we can all agree that the allocation is very clear, which is awesome for the east coast, while yet humbling for us on the west.

Every time I think of my wait time, I try to keep in mind the average time frame and the fact that it could be worse. ie... I'm still under my 60 days so I've managed keep things chill for now. However, if it goes over the average....then I'll start freaking out a bit, but I'm remaining hopeful and optimistic that the gap will tighten to end of Aug or the first week of Sept. 😄
That is unfortunate! I hope it does come back.

No change here. I had my 14-50 outlet installed yesterday. My financing is good until 10 September.
Very nice! I have mine getting installed next week. Let's hope for some EDD changes with a 2 week window and VIN soon! I think we're next in our neck of the woods. Someone near us picked up his M3P the other day with an OD of 6/5. Hopeful!

I've seen the trend so many times of the rubber band effect that although my EDD change puts it at the EOQ bug territory, I'm optimistic about the change/activity as I'm pretty sure that it'll tighten.

I came back today just to see if you got your car yet or pulled out of the process from frustration. Glad to see that you took delivery and are enjoying the car. They really are worth waiting for. Have a great time with it! :D
thank you. The car has been great to drive. Learned about he fart machine last night. had had a blast giving the wife’s friends rides. The look on their faces was priceless. The grandkids loved the ride too.

first-time-james-franco.gif

Delivery date scheduled! Timeline below and in signature.

OD: 6/9 (M3LR)
EDD September - December 2022.
6/10: EDD December 2 - January 27
6/15: EDD September 12 - October 24
6/21: Changed to M3P
6/26: EDD July 21 - August 18
7/22: EDD August 4 - August 17
7/27: EDD August 9 - August 23
8/1: EDD Aug 14 - Aug 25
8/9: EDD Aug 21 - Aug 25 + VIN RECEIVED
8/12: Delivery Date Scheduled for Aug 18

Delivery date scheduled! Timeline below and in signature.

OD: 6/9 (M3LR)
EDD September - December 2022.
6/10: EDD December 2 - January 27
6/15: EDD September 12 - October 24
6/21: Changed to M3P
6/26: EDD July 21 - August 18
7/22: EDD August 4 - August 17
7/27: EDD August 9 - August 23
8/1: EDD Aug 14 - Aug 25
8/9: EDD Aug 21 - Aug 25 + VIN RECEIVED
8/12: Delivery Date Scheduled for Aug 18
Thanks for the deets! That was quite a rollercoaster. Props on going to the 3P. As a car guy and someone who used to mod/race cars, I truly believe the performance is a no brainer compared to the LR for the price difference. The brake kit alone is worth at least $4k.

I have a question about EAP. I need to know if the auto summon will work on a residential street. If the car is parked on one end of a residential street with little to no traffic will the car come to your location if you are half way down the block or does it only work in parking lots. I see it says not to use on city streets but doesn’t indicate if it’s disabled if it is on one. I can only benefit from purchasing it if it works on the street. I hope someone with the feature can answer. Thank you. I don’t think FSD cost is worth the cost

Last edited:
Reactions: julit0 and dgoodlan
I have a question about EAP. I need to know if the auto summon will work on a residential street. If the car is parked on one end of a residential street with little to no traffic will the car come to your location if you are half way down the block or does it only work in parking lots. I see it says not to use on city streets but doesn’t indicate if it’s disabled if it is on one. I can only benefit from purchasing it if it works on the street. I hope someone with the feature can answer. Thank you. I don’t think FSD cost is worth the cost
I’ll try it once I get mine…. Still patiently waiting, but I ordered EAP already.

Tesla says not to use it on public roads in the manual and I've seen videos online where the car refuses to engage smart summon if it knows it's on a normal road. Probably because the car moves really slow when summoning and would be dangerous to any cars that come up behind it since it would be moving way under the speed limit. Smart summon also has a range limit of no more than 213ft (65m) away from your phone.

• Helpful
Reactions: julit0
52A9E944-8D67-4B81-B7ED-89388586BB4D.jpeg
I picked up my M3P today. I had never driven one before today. I have been in a couple but had never driven one. All I can say is wow! What a ride. They were ready for me at the center and asked about payment. I told them that I wanted to do an inspection before I paid and they were ok with that. They even unlocked it so that I could do an interior inspection. I went through my checklist and everything was good. I verified that I had the matrix lights and even though I ordered it on June 21st the mobile charger with the J1772 adapter was included. I had ordered the mobile charger when I ordered my car and I believe that I was successful in canceling that order. I’m going to leave the car in my driveway for the next few days until I get it to the wrap and tint shop. I’m going with the STEK NEX premium ceramic tint but I don’t know what % I’m going with yet. The car is getting wrapped with the 3M Satin Flip Psychadelic wrap. I can’t wait to see how it will look when finished.
C3E4160F-9411-4C01-95C2-A3A3B5C53FF4.jpeg
C6A8F855-264B-4655-99F6-D1A3469CFA92.jpeg

View attachment 841072I picked up my M3P today. I had never driven one before today. I have been in a couple but had never driven one. All I can say is wow! What a ride. They were ready for me at the center and asked about payment. I told them that I wanted to do an inspection before I paid and they were ok with that. They even unlocked it so that I could do an interior inspection. I went through my checklist and everything was good. I verified that I had the matrix lights and even though I ordered it on June 21st the mobile charger with the J1772 adapter was included. I had ordered the mobile charger when I ordered my car and I believe that I was successful in canceling that order. I’m going to leave the car in my driveway for the next few days until I get it to the wrap and tint shop. I’m going with the STEK NEX premium ceramic tint but I don’t know what % I’m going with yet. The car is getting wrapped with the 3M Satin Flip Psychadelic wrap. I can’t wait to see how it will look when finished. View attachment 841070View attachment 841071
Woohoo! These are a hell of a ride! When will you have it back with the wrap? About 10 days from now or so?

Reactions: unlock
View attachment 841072I picked up my M3P today. I had never driven one before today. I have been in a couple but had never driven one. All I can say is wow! What a ride. They were ready for me at the center and asked about payment. I told them that I wanted to do an inspection before I paid and they were ok with that. They even unlocked it so that I could do an interior inspection. I went through my checklist and everything was good. I verified that I had the matrix lights and even though I ordered it on June 21st the mobile charger with the J1772 adapter was included. I had ordered the mobile charger when I ordered my car and I believe that I was successful in canceling that order. I’m going to leave the car in my driveway for the next few days until I get it to the wrap and tint shop. I’m going with the STEK NEX premium ceramic tint but I don’t know what % I’m going with yet. The car is getting wrapped with the 3M Satin Flip Psychadelic wrap. I can’t wait to see how it will look when finished. View attachment 841070View attachment 841071
Nice! I'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks with the wrap. It's so tempting to go with the satin psychedelic, but I keep flipping back and forth between that that and the XPEL Stealth PPF... seeing it from a few more angles always helps 😆