Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my new VIN! Delivery date is now 8/30 - 9/3. I can't believe how well the 2 week hold on my account went. I had specifically asked the Tesla Agent to get my delivery as close to September 1st as possible (closing on a house 8/31).

Time to go buy insurance! Can hardly contain my excitement!

*Forgot to add, VIN is 336xxx
Congratulations on both!

Reactions: BReese8675
Wow, I am SO glad Tesla insurance came to Maryland. Progressive was quoting me around $1300/year, and mind you this is with tons of discounts since I have quite a few varied policies with them. Tesla just quoted me $40/month, or $480/year ($500 deduct).

Anyone have a reason I shouldn't just use Tesla insurance? I do worry about the Tesla safety score nonsense, hope it's not too bad.

Not sure where to post this so since I’m taking delivery next week and have been interacting on this thread I figured I’d post it here.

Got into a rather heated debate today with someone who argued that newer Tesla’s are unreliable. He pointed out Consumer Reports ranking of Teslas near the bottom. As someone who’s about to take delivery on a M3P, this was honestly a little annoying. Is this CR report merely bias or is there something to all of this?

Where did you find that price? All my quotes from shops shops around here have been > 7k, although that's with a ceramic coating on top.

This is the shop I am going to and it is $6500 I think for the whole car but I got $250 off from saying I was a listener to the RTL Tesla podcast. That podcast is where I heard about this detailing shop.

Not sure where to post this so since I’m taking delivery next week and have been interacting on this thread I figured I’d post it here.

Got into a rather heated debate today with someone who argued that newer Tesla’s are unreliable. He pointed out Consumer Reports ranking of Teslas near the bottom. As someone who’s about to take delivery on a M3P, this was honestly a little annoying. Is this CR report merely bias or is there something to all of this?
Sounds like the issues are with everything but the Model 3.

Reactions: cheqsgravity

Unfortunately there is a lot of FUD by ad based auto review sites. Tesla doesn't advertise. Also CR is being funded indirectly by legacy auto. So there is a lot of bias baked in. Here is a autoshow clip that surprisingly talks frankly about the latest data on luxury brand loyalty.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
Sweet, I appreciate it. Delivery scheduled for 8/17. Same day as the loan pre approval was set to expire, so it worked out great. Got insurance, dealer funding letter, etc.
Got my 4th EDD and a vin 336 today. Looks like first week of Sept. For the insurance proof, they want the VIN on the policy. Wouldn't that go in once I have the exact delivery date? My understanding is if I add the car right now, I would need to start paying premium right away?

Got my 4th EDD and a vin 336 today. Looks like first week of Sept. For the insurance proof, they want the VIN on the policy. Wouldn't that go in once I have the exact delivery date? My understanding is if I add the car right now, I would need to start paying premium right away?
Nope, you can call in and ask the insurance to start the policy on a particular date. I asked mine to start on the first day of EDD and once I know the exact date, I will call back and adjust. That was enough for them to send me the update declaration page/id card for tesla.

This is the shop I am going to and it is $6500 I think for the whole car but I got $250 off from saying I was a listener to the RTL Tesla podcast. That podcast is where I heard about this detailing shop.
Goodness - Is the PPF quote for the entire car?

Unfortunately there is a lot of FUD by ad based auto review sites. Tesla doesn't advertise. Also CR is being funded indirectly by legacy auto. So there is a lot of bias baked in. Here is a autoshow clip that surprisingly talks frankly about the latest data on luxury brand loyalty.

Very true. Tesla is challenging the norm. Strange that J.D. Power hasn’t given many awards to Tesla. They recently gave Tesla a good score for the obscure “US Electric Vehicle Experience Ownership Study”. Then again, J.D. Power ranked my Samsung fridge as “highest in customer satisfaction”. The same fridge that can’t make ice, was repeatedly in the news for junk ice makers, and has class action lawsuits pending. Expert reviews seem to miss the obvious.

Reactions: cheqsgravity
If your insurance does what mine does just set it up to start on the first day of your delivery window. That way you aren’t paying for weeks with no car. You might take a hit on a day or two.