Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

The only issue I've found so far is a slight tear in the fabric of the headliner on the drivers side - I have an appointment setup at the local service center in 2 weeks to get that corrected. No panel gap issues and could definitely use a wash/wax.
Congrats! Same config here. Hope you got a J1772 adapter too...didn't see you mention that. Mine was in the Mobile Connector Bag.

Also - check for the little wire tool to remove your Uberturbine Center caps. Mine didn't come with the little wire poker tool. I heard you could go to a Service Center and get one (maybe free)...i just ended up ordering some from Amazon cause it was going to deliver faster. Less than $8 from what I remember.

Congrats! Same config here. Hope you got a J1772 adapter too...didn't see you mention that. Mine was in the Mobile Connector Bag.

Also - check for the little wire tool to remove your Uberturbine Center caps. Mine didn't come with the little wire poker tool. I heard you could go to a Service Center and get one (maybe free)...i just ended up ordering some from Amazon cause it was going to deliver faster. Less than $8 from what I remember.
good tip. I’m sitting at a center now. Will ask. Thanks. Didn’t know it was a thing

Reactions: julit0
329 VIN was built about 2 weeks ago. So 325 is ~19 days ago. So this car is probably at a service center? Which would make it a reject with something like a loan failure, just couldnt make the 3 day window or something is wrong. If it is still at the factory, then it was missing something and Tesla has to wait to add the missing part or fix it.
It’s at the service center. Apparently I could have picked it up today if I wanted, but I was surprised and didn’t have all my ducks in a row. I have pickup scheduled for Monday now.

sadly i dont have a membership being a party of 1
You can order from Costco.com As a non-member. They charge you an extra 5% over the price shown. If it’s a member-only item, you can’t buy it. Just create an account. I did this one year as I was a party of one for a while—mil deployment. Be advised, the wipes sell as a 900 count, or something like that, so you’d need to be a cleaning machine to use them all in a year or two. 😂

Congrats to you too!

I did have the J1772 connector in the bag! - I don't know about the center-cap remover tool, I haven't taken that deep of a dive in the trunk yet. I did see the tow hook in the frunk. I have a service appointment on the 7th so I'll make sure to ask about that then. I do plan on picking up a set of 18" wheels & winter tires before too long since I'm sure the stock wheels & tires won't perform well in the snow (granted I do still have a 03 WRX and 04 Ram 1500 4x4 to handle inclement weather - both with decent all weather tires).

I just wonder if it's worth cancelling my Mobile Connector order I placed with the car and just buying the 220v cable or if it would be worth having an additional one to keep in the trunk/frunk.

Congrats to you too!

I did have the J1772 connector in the bag! - I don't know about the center-cap remover tool, I haven't taken that deep of a dive in the trunk yet. I did see the tow hook in the frunk. I have a service appointment on the 7th so I'll make sure to ask about that then. I do plan on picking up a set of 18" wheels & winter tires before too long since I'm sure the stock wheels & tires won't perform well in the snow (granted I do still have a 03 WRX and 04 Ram 1500 4x4 to handle inclement weather - both with decent all weather tires).

I just wonder if it's worth cancelling my Mobile Connector order I placed with the car and just buying the 220v cable or if it would be worth having an additional one to keep in the trunk/frunk.
I got a wall connector b/c I didn’t want to depend solely on the mobile charger and leave without it. I kept checking Tesla’s store until a single 14-50 adapter came in stock and bought it. Now for $45, I have a kit worth $200. And, I did order that mobile connector kit with the same two adapters and that arrived as well. Saving it for a buddy w a car on order in case his doesn’t come w one. Otherwise I will resell it. I did see a FB post of the first delivery I’ve seen that DID NOT include a free mobile connector. So more and more cars will probably be delivering without now.

Solid winter vehicles you have there. Enjoy the new hotness! 💙💙

Last edited:
Today is the day!!!

Car is perfect. Zero gap issues. Zero paint issues. 100% accepted the car alone. No one was there to do anything. This is my 3rd, so I am good. But for a new owner, good luck ;)

76% charge
120v mobile charger in trunk
Has the silver plate holder
Car HAS paint in the door jams.

Attachments

• 9EB34CAD-6F5A-4D35-BA29-598E34B55FC5.jpeg
    9EB34CAD-6F5A-4D35-BA29-598E34B55FC5.jpeg
    867.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 189050EC-A07A-453C-B8C9-23FC8FD89E80.jpeg
    189050EC-A07A-453C-B8C9-23FC8FD89E80.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 7F0B7AFA-1CFF-4815-B9A1-01284B8DD08E.jpeg
    7F0B7AFA-1CFF-4815-B9A1-01284B8DD08E.jpeg
    886.6 KB · Views: 73
Still sitting at 8/28-9/11 EDD as of this morning with no VIN. Seems like I'm going to see an EDD slip in my future.

It's interesting that I seem to see way fewer EDD changes than most people on this thread, and have only seen my EDD progress towards tighter windows over time (for now).

Today is the day!!!

Car is perfect. Zero gap issues. Zero paint issues. 100% accepted the car alone. No one was there to do anything. This is my 3rd, so I am good. But for a new owner, good luck ;)

76% charge
Yay congrats!! I love the red color and we have the same spec! Woohoo!

Reactions: dnstommy
Today is the day!!!

76% charge
Gorgeous. If I ever get a second Tesla, it'll be Red for sure. Enjoy!

Reactions: dnstommy