Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone speak to delivery date experience when there is a trade in involved? I just uploaded photos for final offer. I'm assuming they still look over the car in similar quick CarMax fashion and doesn't add much of a wait on delivery day.

Just got a VIN this morning also, 352xxx. Hopefully that’s not a reject.
Almost certainly not a reject. My VIN is 342 and my car was built only 14 days ago (what the SA told me and also was verified via an OBD scanner once I got the car, seen at the bottom of this screenshot here). If you see people with 354 or 356 or whatever while you have a 352 it's more likely it's just due to a different color/seat configuration. Your car was almost certainly just built within the last few days. You can text the SA and ask them.

Got some action tonight. EDD went from 9-9/9-20 to 9-12/9-15. Also got an email from Tesla saying "Final Payment is now ready" I haven't got a VIN emailed to me but when I do the view page source trick on my account page I see one. 354XXX Does that number appear to be a recent VIN ?
Congrats - know you've been waiting a good long while. 354xxx should be fine. Enjoy the new ride...it'll be awesome!

I have the option to schedule delivery in the app but the 3 days available 9/13 - 9/15 all fall after the EDD 9/9 - 9/12. Has anyone else come across this? I guess I shouldn't be surprised and they caveat it can be earlier or later....

Last edited:
Reactions: nharwood
Over the past couple days I’ve been thinking about jumping from a 22M3LR w/ performance boost, to a M3P. So I may have to Join you guys soon 😅
Do it! Although I actually wouldn't recommend the Performance trim to most people. I've owned a 2018 LR RWD Model 3 and a 2019 M3P. The 20's that come on the P are stupid heavy, curb prone, and have even more expensive tires with less life. The carbon fiber spoiler peels back on many performance trim cars, and even though Tesla will replace it for free, it will inevitably start to peel back again. I've had mine replaced twice on my 2019 and eventually just added some silicone adhesive in the gap. Track mode is cool, but disables autopilot so I don't ever use it for daily driving.

The LR is the better car for most people, BUT if you're like me and you can't live without the fastest 0-60 Model 3 and the looks of the upgraded brakes, then go for it! Personally I'll be transferring over some 18" T-sportline wheels that I have. A Performance 3 with beefier tires is the perfect combo in my opinion, but unfortunately since the "stealth" M3P's are no longer around, there's no option to get that from the factory. My 2019 also has quite stiff suspension, but I've read that the recent Performance models are a lot softer, so I'm actually looking forward to that for daily driving.

VIN assigned just a few moments ago and EDD updated to today(!) 9/6 - 9-10. I guess I'll get texts very soon.

VIN is 337xxx that seems much lower than the 350's I'm seeing people get.

Possible reject considering I'm looking at an abnormal 30 day delivery?
Drove over to the SC since its just a 10min drive. Told me car was built last month 15th (a week after the order) and it is here in Ft Laud at an offsite lot. SA told me if I don't get the text by tomorrow to schedule to just email him and get it going. I'm kind of shocked.

I have the option to schedule delivery in the app but the 3 days available 9/13 - 9/15 all fall after the EDD 9/9 - 9/12. Has anyone else come across this? I guess I shouldn't be surprised and they caveat it can be earlier or later....
If you can call the Tesla # that has been texting you, you should try and schedule delivery with a person. I never really got put on hold too long, but I've read some long times on here every so often. If you have the time to call, you may be surprised by the result.

The carbon fiber spoiler peels back on many performance trim cars, and even though Tesla will replace it for free, it will inevitably start to peel back again. I've had mine replaced twice on my 2019 and eventually just added some silicone adhesive in the gap.
When my Wrap shop had the spoiler for PPF wrapping, they showed me how little of the factory adhesive was actually in contact with the trunk lid. Probably only about 30% contact in total. One benefit of the PPF on the Trunk lid (or any wrap) is that it may widen out the diameter a bit on that curve's radius. The Wrap shop also added extra/thicker 3M adhesive in areas where the factory tape still looked "virgin". The hope is I got better contact area and more of it - and that it doesn't peel off until I need to replace the PPF in 10 years (or until I want a change or colored wrap done).

I am about to order a M3 Perfomance and have 3 quick questions

1. If I order now, do I get a 2023 or 2022 model?
  2. I read elsewhere Model 3 is unlikely to benefit from the tax law passed recently
  3. Is there any way of knowing if all Model 3s now have "CCS enabled" chip or some have to go in to have this installed? I do not want to wait at a Supercharger when they are opened up for all EVs if I can go to Electrify America, plan to buy the CCS adapter from a friend in S Korea

I am about to order a M3 Perfomance and have 3 quick questions

1. If I order now, do I get a 2023 or 2022 model?
  2. I read elsewhere Model 3 is unlikely to benefit from the tax law passed recently
  3. Is there any way of knowing if all Model 3s now have "CCS enabled" chip or some have to go in to have this installed? I do not want to wait at a Supercharger when they are opened up for all EVs if I can go to Electrify America, plan to buy the CCS adapter from a friend in S Korea
Delivery shows oct-nov you will most likely get a 22 model still. im guessing dec and onward is when they’ll start doing “2023” model, with removal of the stalks and adding capacitive buttons on the wheel as well as possibly the new rumored auto frunk. I was looking into a performance but i might wait untill next month to order. Either way the performance does not qualify for the tax credit. Just the standard range and the model y it seems.

What about the CCS Enabled Chip, is it now standard on 22 23 models?

Attachments

• addl-info (1).jpg
    addl-info (1).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 81