Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just registered.

Order placed on 9/8 and pre-delivery completed
Est. delivery is 11/14-12/19
MSM, black interior, no added Autopilot
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have business travel planned in January. Let's say I get a VIN and my delivery falls within a 3 week period when I'm out of town. Do I just decline the car until I get back and a new one is assigned? Or can I have it delivered to my local showroom until I return?

Tesla will give you a three or four day window, but will not hold the car past that (i.e., will give it to someone else). I also don't recommend declining a delivery as it may set you back months. I think you can use a proxy (assign someone else to take delivery).
Thank you. If the date does fall within that window then I won't have a choice but to decline unfortunately, and wait for a new one.

Would anyone mind posting a reputable delivery-day vehicle checklist? I know there are a lot floating around but just trying to find the one that most people trust. Thank you!

I saved the links above after seeing them mentioned in the thread, but haven’t taken delivery yet. Looks like they’re the same thing. Hopefully some folks that have will mention what they used.

I saved the links above after seeing them mentioned in the thread, but haven’t taken delivery yet. Looks like they’re the same thing. Hopefully some folks that have will mention what they used.
I made this one. It's probably way overkill for many, but I pulled together every main checklist online into one and then even added a few items of my own. Just skip the ones that don't matter to you, but if you can pass this entire list then your car is solid:

My window has modified again. Now its showing delivery the 13th through the 25th of this month.
Yeah, mine too now, it moved to 9/16 - 9/30, these EDD changes got me like:

giphy.gif

I made this one. It's probably way overkill for many, but I pulled together every main checklist online into one and then even added a few items of my own. Just skip the ones that don't matter to you, but if you can pass this entire list then your car is solid:

Very cool! Thanks!