Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My scheduled delivery is tomorrow at noon. But I just got a call from tesla Burbank and they told me the delivery will be delayed until next week, which is very unacceptable to me. I called them this Wednesday as soon as I got the text to schedule delivery, and asked them if I could pick it up from the factory at Fremont. They told me the car is available for pick up this Thursday at Burbank and is already in transit to LA that day. I decided to wait till the weekend since I don't have time during the week.
However, they told me the car is still at the factory as of right now and they couldn't find additional truck drivers to get the car to LA. Very sus to me(I think they just let someone else take my car). I have already paid the full amount and my insurance starts tomorrow but I still don't have an updated delivery date.

Hope no one will experience this.

Well today was graduation day for me, I took delivery of my M3P in Ft. Worth at 2pm today. Except for some dirt on the accelerator and brake peddles, no kidding the car was perfect. At ~70 mph and above it pulls slightly to the right so may have that looked at at some point. As someone who has worked for multiple (traditional) automotive OEM's, I was skeptical but this car is the real deal, I've only had it for 2 hours and it is already my favorite for many reasons. Customer service at Tesla is lacking between order and VIN assignment but after that it is pretty good (for me, so far). As many have said before me (and to me directly) the wait is truly worth it. Good luck everyone!

IMG_0139.jpg

My scheduled delivery is tomorrow at noon. But I just got a call from tesla Burbank and they told me the delivery will be delayed until next week, which is very unacceptable to me. I called them this Wednesday as soon as I got the text to schedule delivery, and asked them if I could pick it up from the factory at Fremont. They told me the car is available for pick up this Thursday at Burbank and is already in transit to LA that day. I decided to wait till the weekend since I don't have time during the week.
However, they told me the car is still at the factory as of right now and they couldn't find additional truck drivers to get the car to LA. Very sus to me(I think they just let someone else take my car). I have already paid the full amount and my insurance starts tomorrow but I still don't have an updated delivery date.

That sucks, sorry to hear. I’m also very suspicious about my delivery for this Wednesday. I never received a text or email when I was assigned a VIN, no email or text about the car shipping, etc. I just noticed I received a VIN and then maybe a week later I received a text for scheduling delivery (for about 2 weeks later). Hoping this Wednesday delivery is legit and not delayed. This Tesla ordering process has been terrible IMO.

Congrats @nharwood!!!

Reactions: nharwood

I read an article about the lack of truck drivers to deliver vehicles. If you have a VIN, and they haven’t changed it, your car is your car and it is stuck at the factory. Go pick it up.

Here I wait again! 🙂 Purchased a Black M3P June-2022. We liked it so much we are selling the 2022 Macan GTS for a Red M3P. There's actually more cargo space in the M3P trunk then the Macan. I can fit golf clubs without folding the seats down. We did an 800 mile road trip over the weekend with AutoPilot and that helped seal the deal.
  • Ordered: 10/23
  • ETA: Nov 17 - Dec 1

Last edited:
Well, I caved and called to see if they could confirm my car was shipped and/or en route for my delivery on Wednesday since it’s been complete silence. No email/text about being assigned a VIN and no email about the car leaving the factory. The person on the phone was able to confirm the car was making its way through New York, so it’s definitely on the way! Looking forward to delivery this week!

Changed again this morning to 10/25-11/5.
Ordered 10/1 White on White.
Original date was 11/12-12/17 then it was updated to 10/17-10/28...
on 10/19 it was updated to 10/21-11/4.
No VIN. Located in So. Cal.
Changed this morning to 11/20-12/25… wasn’t expecting that.

Seems to me that Tesla may have a rollout issue with their 2023 models…. or their dates are a psychological test and I am failing it miserably.