Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty excited for my M3P. I had a reservation before they were released, but the wait was too long and I needed another car first so I dropped off the list. A few years back I was thinking of a M3 again and went for a test drive, but ended up cheating out. Now I jumped on the price cut thinking I will get the $7,500 federal credit.

I've never actually had a chance to drive or ride in a Performance models. The 3 I test drove a few years back was a LRAWD that was surprisingly fast. I think it might have had the acceleration boost but was not sure and neither was the sales person. Anyone know if the models they have for test drive ever had the acceleration boost?

I'm now going through watching a bunch of videos to confirm my decision while I wait. Anyone have any videos they would recommend?

Reactions: MacO512
Me to but i hear anything colder then 45 these things have no traction,not worth the risk
Yeah, I’m very familiar with summer tires and always have two sets of wheels for winter/summer use with my BMWs, but as along as it’s dry and cold, and you drive responsibly, they are fine. I just hate the idea of hastily purchasing a winter setup for only a couple more weeks of “winter.”

how long are trade in estimates taking? I have delivery for 1/25, but need to know what they are offering me for my S so I can finance. Tesla does not finance in my state
In my case it is taking a rather long time and I have delivery on 1/24. I actually received an email yesterday that Tesla needed better pics for the appraisal of my M4. I’m hoping to have a specific offer today.

I ordered a Model 3 Performance on Thursday night almost immediately after the price drop. The car said it was available in my area but it turns out that wasn't true, so it'll likely be available to pick up late next week. I'm also awaiting appraisal of my current car. The folks at Tesla must be pretty slammed right now.

Just received another email requesting better pics!! This is my third time sending them pics and the car is filthy!! If they lowball my trade I may not proceed with delivery. I know used car values are plummeting currently, but I'm torn about letting go of my 2022 M4Cx...
I'll likely sell my car to someone else. It's still annoying the appraisal isn't done yet though.

Well I got my offer, and it's a JOKE!! $77.7k compared to my BMW dealer who would offer me $84k but then I lose out on the sales tax advantage, so some $6700 difference. The BMW dealer even is willing to buy my trade from Tesla and pass on the sale tax credit, but Tesla is saying they can't do that. IDK if I'm willing to leave those monies on the table for the M3P

Well I got my offer, and it's a JOKE!! $77.7k compared to my BMW dealer who would offer me $84k but then I lose out on the sales tax advantage, so some $6700 difference. The BMW dealer even is willing to buy my trade from Tesla and pass on the sale tax credit, but Tesla is saying they can't do that. IDK if I'm willing to leave those monies on the table for the M3P
$77.7K + tax savings on trade-in should be almost the same as $84K from BMW?

If it makes you feel better, I previously owned a '12 E92 M3, then a '16 F80 M3. I went to the Performance Model 3 in late '19, and just bought my second one.

I'm not going back to BMW or ICE cars :p

$77.7K + tax savings on trade-in should be almost the same as $84K from BMW?

If it makes you feel better, I previously owned a '12 E92 M3, then a '16 F80 M3. I went to the Performance Model 3 in late '19, and just bought my second one.

I'm not going back to BMW or ICE cars :p
It's the principle. Not really concerned about the $2k difference, but $7k has me salty. Especially when I can simply broker the deal between Tesla and the BMW dealer down the street and get the sales tax advantage

It's the principle. Not really concerned about the $2k difference, but $7k has me salty. Especially when I can simply broker the deal between Tesla and the BMW dealer down the street and get the sales tax advantage
Keep in mind, BMW will certainly sell/trade your M4 directly. Whereas Tesla has to sell it via auction/wholesaler. So they're never going to offer you the same value.

Reactions: voxel
I as well went through and pulled the trigger after the price drop.
tesla must me slammed with orders.

I am in process of filling the info in the Tesla app for the registered owner that would be myself and my spouse.
I have added my drivers license but when I go to the step to add her I add the info and validate email but she never gets the email. I go back in same thing I have to verify the email a second time but still not email out. like an infinite loop. Any ideas? (sorry if this si the wrong forum)

Cheers

Nick

I got the 2022 SR at the high point (Bad timing), zero incentives, highest MSRP end of September last year.. After seeing the crazy price drop.. I reserved a m3p this week with the price drop and potential $7500 tax savings. Of course like everyone else I am underwater on the 2022 SR loan.. Thinking of trading in and upgrade into a 2023 m3p having about $11k negative (which I can absorb) as Tesla came back with $30k trade in.. I owe $42k to the bank.. thoughts? I would have gotten it in September but at that time $64k m3p doesn't make sense... now $55k m3p is more of a value..

FYI I always wanted a m3p... but if I don't dump the 2022 SR now, the value may continue to drop and I will be chasing my tails.. beside I don't want to have or need 2 Tesla in my house... I try VROOM and they offer $32k but they call back and said due to market they no longer buy Tesla.. Carmax also have BIG price cut on their Tesla inventory and unload them so they not interested in Tesla.. Carvana gave $26k on trade...

No disagreement there, but a couple of comments about the Tesla Zeitgeist.

So, on the one hand, and especially with a P, you're getting a serious driving machine. Great acceleration, good cornering, sort-of-track ready. Wanna zip on a curvy country road? This is the car you want.

Now, what about all that automation? Well... On the other hand, people are good at predicting stuff. As pointed out in one of your previous posts, being able to keep in one's brain where all the other cars/obstacles/cats/dogs/trees/curbs/etc are in your environment is something people can do. And, thinking about that a bit, of those that came before that couldn't do that, well, there's a reason those types aren't our ancestors. Because they got eaten or dinged by the landscape, first.

Well and good. But people still get taken by surprise. For one thing, our main distance sensor suite happens to be eyeballs. Unlike deer and similar whose eyes are on the sides of their heads (not so good binocular vision, but great for watching for cougars), ours are very much in front. Yeah, we got peripheral vision. Good drivers check those mirrors. And if one's smart, one kind of glances into the blind spots on either side when one can, and uses memory to track things moving in (and maybe out) of those areas.

But all that can be best described as, "Making the best of the bad hand that nature has handed one."

Now, a Tesla.. has got cameras all over the blame place. Front, rear, sides facing forwards, sides facing rearwards. It sure makes for great Youtube videos. But.. the car's not going to be taken by surprise, at least regarding stuff in those blind spots. It doesn't require a scan that hits the rear-view mirrors - it's looking all the time. Without a break. Ever.

Now, I'm one of the FSDb Testers. I'll freely admit that for a fair number of cases the car's reaction time to $RANDOM events, like taking a right at a stop sign, leaves something to be desired. But, if one is on a highway, the car's ability to spot (and sometimes overreact) to other vehicles in the blind spots is superior. Say one is in a lane and is thinking about moving over to the left; the car's definitely going to spot the person hovering or moving into the blind spot at lowish speeds; but it'll also spot and jerk the car to safety when some gonzo pulling 90 comes flying up from the rear.

There's Reasons that Tesla puts out that Safety paper that says that when people are using all the safety stuff the accident rate plummets. This isn't about crumple zones: This is about not getting into an accident in the first place.
Yup - and in almost 50 years of driving my accident rate is zero . . . have at it. I don't text, drive distracted and have attended Bondurant and am looking forward to learning single pedal driving. Don't need EAP since my driving is almost all city where you have to pay attention! My wife has a S with EAP so if we are going somewhere we will take her car! or my F-150 which is pretty comfortable - or the Bellanca if we're going more than a hundred miles!