Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/14 9pm eastern. Email order date said 1/15. EDD was Jan-Feb.
M3P blue/black Maryland/ Rockville
Updated EDD on 1/21 was Feb-4-March-4
Email sent saying mobile connector is being shipped on 1/27
Updated EDD on 1/28 Recived vin while I was at a Tesla show room to schedule a test drive. About an hour later I got an email to schedule delivery between Jan 28- Feb 4th.

Picked up the car on 1/31 Tuesday.

But I still don't understand why people are excited to buy this Discount warranty. In my discount shopping cart its around $50 per tire? So basically instead of a warranty on 4 tires I could just buy a 5th tire. I have had some tires fail in my 26 years of driving, but certainly not one out of four. Now if the fee is the same for much more expensive tires that could make some sense. Maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe some people just enjoy the peace of mind of "insurance" on their tires?
Roads in NJ are pretty brutal, let alone on low profile tires. Discount Tire used to be much cheaper ($25/tire), but then again a lot of things in life used to be much cheaper. Moot point if Discount Tire won't offer it anymore outside of new tires bought from them. May try calling them to try again and see. We don't have their brick and mortar stores near us, so maybe that's why they aren't offering it for me? Dunno.

Just got my VIN. Ordered white/black m3p just after midnight on 1/15. I'm located near Houston, TX. My estimated delivery date just got updated to Feb 13 - Feb 20. For the insurance what do I have UT as the start date of the insurance. I want to schedule for pick up on a Saturday if possible so should I set insurance to start on Feb 18?

Reactions: hintoml
Just got my VIN. Ordered white/black m3p just after midnight on 1/15. I'm located near Houston, TX. My estimated delivery date just got updated to Feb 13 - Feb 20. For the insurance what do I have UT as the start date of the insurance. I want to schedule for pick up on a Saturday if possible so should I set insurance to start on Feb 18?
Thanks for the update. I ordered a M3P blue/black on the 15th evening and still have Feb 3 - Mar 3rd. Good to see that some 15th orders are getting VINs.

Reactions: hintoml