Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found an inventory M3P (silver with black interior) last night and jumped on it. Delivery 2/14 - 2/20. So, right now I have paid the $250 order fee. I understand if I canceled now, I would lose that. I also have the Order Agreement ready to be sign on the app. Once I sign that, then I would be responsible for the order fee and $1390 application fee correct? At what point is there "no turning back?"

So many new M3P owners, awesome!

For those long-time thread participants, does this feel like the most new owners we've had in a short period, ever?
Yes, this definitely feels like the most new m3p owners. This will be my second M3P. It's hard to top the exhilaration of driving a M3P at current prices (with tax credit factored in) vs any other new car.

Reactions: hintoml
Hi All - new here and excited assuming I can get my car BEFORE I lose out on the $7,500. If I miss out on the credit, that greatly changes the value prop which may lead to an order cancellation and a $250 donation to the Tesla fund (sunk cost at this point).

M3P White/Black
Ordered: 1/26
Completed pre-delivery tasks: 1/26
EDD: Jan-Feb (when I ordered)...Feb-Mar after I ordered?
Updated EDD 1/31: Feb 27 - March 31 (waaay too wide for my liking)
No VIN yet

I scrolled through the earlier parts of the thread and wasn't able to gain clarity (not that there is any) - what is the defining point in time for the tax credit to qualify - getting a VIN, making payment, taking delivery? Unfortunately, due to the above timeline I am concerned I could complete everything (including payment) but then have delivery fall on the wrong side of the deadline.

Is everyone getting P zeros or Michelin‘s?
mine came with PZeros -

FYI for anyone - ordered 1/14 mid day. Vin 1/17 Delivery 1/23 - loving it so far.

Came from a 2006 911 AWD. very much like it - handling is close to the 911, acceleration is far in excess of the 911 - my ONLY complaint is that to get braking when driving it in Sport you need to tromp on them = still learning where the tromp point is. . .

Hi All - new here and excited assuming I can get my car BEFORE I lose out on the $7,500. If I miss out on the credit, that greatly changes the value prop which may lead to an order cancellation and a $250 donation to the Tesla fund (sunk cost at this point).

M3P White/Black
Ordered: 1/26
Completed pre-delivery tasks: 1/26
EDD: Jan-Feb (when I ordered)...Feb-Mar after I ordered?
Updated EDD 1/31: Feb 27 - March 31 (waaay too wide for my liking)
No VIN yet

I scrolled through the earlier parts of the thread and wasn't able to gain clarity (not that there is any) - what is the defining point in time for the tax credit to qualify - getting a VIN, making payment, taking delivery? Unfortunately, due to the above timeline I am concerned I could complete everything (including payment) but then have delivery fall on the wrong side of the deadline.
my understanding is that you physically taking delivery is what matters