Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got another text from Tesla. This one started with "Great news! ... Opened it up like a kid at Christmas to see it say that they expect my Model 3 VIN to be assigned in the next week to two weeks. So I better review and finalize my details in the app (which I did day 1 of OD).

Anyone else getting one of these "Heads up" texts that alludes to the VIN? Or are others just getting that "VIN is here" text? Timeframe between the two?

Just got this text, "Hi Andrew, great news! We expect your Model 3 VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

Anyone get a same or similar text? I'm feeling like this is a bad dream or a prank... why they keep playing with my emotions lol
Whoa... Jinx.

Reactions: White_Walker
Just got this text, "Hi Andrew, great news! We expect your Model 3 VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app."

Anyone get a same or similar text? I'm feeling like this is a bad dream or a prank... why they keep playing with my emotions lol
Just got the same here. My current EDD is 2/21 - 3/7

Midland, Michigan

M3P Black/Black
OD: 01/31/23
EDD: February - March
EDD: February 22 - March 22
Vin: N/A
They had me so excited then… 😞, has anyone else received this text? If so how long after this text did you receive your vin?

Attachments

• 9F005D9A-1A73-49CF-BB3C-18D0A4E5B505.png
    9F005D9A-1A73-49CF-BB3C-18D0A4E5B505.png
    519 KB · Views: 102
I'm guessing this is just the system/factory finally processing our actual orders, in batches, and now the build process is starting.

Considering how quickly they are churning these out at the Fremont factory, I'm cautiously optimistic we'll all get our VIN by next Wednesday.

Still no change to ED of Feb 23-Mar 23.

I just got the same thing but the app has no change to the EDD.

I got the exact same text- to Andrew. That is my name though

Reactions: White_Walker
Same here - across the bridge from Fremont. OD 1/17, got nothin so far and EDD slipping everyday… currently 2/17 to 2/26 just like yours 😵‍💫
I’m holding on to the hope that because we are close we will get the VINs and Delivery dates back to back like some previous posted orders I have seen in CA who had OD 1/14-15. Not seeing a lot of MSM/Black orders come through other than the Colorado ones last week.