Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I have no idea about the delivery. I don't know if it was because it was still at Fremont but when I asked if it was possible to move it from Austin to Houston he said it was already done. When I got on with chat they told me to ask my rep lol. I'll find out soon. 😁
I just messaged them as well and they said yes they could do that, i'd just have to pay a delivery fee or something. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Thank you for the telegram link!

Reactions: Irpilot
Picked up mine today. Paperwork also said 15 miles but mine actually had 28. It got here a few days ago but they did not have any delivery spots that worked for me until today. Kinda wondering if it got used for a test drive or two before my delivery. I guess it is what it is at this point but I hope I'm just worrying over nothing. I know when you normally buy a car at a dealership it could have been test driven before, but I don't think they should use people's ordered vehicles which VINs have been used for insurance and banking. I don't know, I guess they probably would not do this, I was more just surprised that it was higher than I was expecting and could not help but wonder.

Anyways, car was in pretty good shape. There were some marks in the clear coat on the hood that I had them buff out for me which was not a big deal. Some of the plastic still stuck in the gap between the front bumper and fenders which needed to be removed. One of the corners of my glass roof was just a bit high. Maybe 2mm at the highpoint. Not a huge thing but not quite flush as intended. The seal around it looked okay, but I'm guessing something was a bit off when it got placed. I was not sure redoing it would make it much better and may end up worse, so I'm just going to do my best to forget about it. I was a bit worried it would cause some wind noise but I don't notice anything from up there when driving. The driver door seal at the top rear corner is not well fit and has some ripples or creases but window seems to go up without issue and I don't hear any wind noise, so I guess it will be okay. Honestly did not notice it until I got home.

The gaps were consistent on the interior and exterior and are better than early Model 3s I have been in. I went over the car in more detail than I have with other new car purchases in the past. My friend who got his 3 early on had a lot of issues and rattles, so I was expecting more problems. Overall, not perfect but I'm happy. In fact, I'm thinking there have been pretty good improvement from early Model 3s.

Blue/black M3P:
Ordered late night 1/14. Delivered 2/18

Reactions: K1LLU4
I am a little confused by watching the dates on some of these -

My OD 1/24 makes today 26 days since my order (which was in the am), and there is ONLY 1 other listed for 2023 orders that waited this long for a VIN.
I am sure there are others posting here that have waited longer...is there no rhyme or reason to this process? I was trying to be realistic based on other orders and now today is the first day of my two week EDD (2/19 - 3/5). Really hoping for a VIN by Tuesday which still gives me a week for order delivery to happen before the end of the month.
BTW, already sold my other car, ordered accessories and my Tesla wall connector gets installed Monday morning.
Jumped the gun a bit hoping for the Tesla wizards to work their magic.

Picked up mine today. Paperwork also said 15 miles but mine actually had 28. It got here a few days ago but they did not have any delivery spots that worked for me until today. Kinda wondering if it got used for a test drive or two before my delivery. I guess it is what it is at this point but I hope I'm just worrying over nothing. I know when you normally buy a car at a dealership it could have been test driven before, but I don't think they should use people's ordered vehicles which VINs have been used for insurance and banking. I don't know, I guess they probably would not do this, I was more just surprised that it was higher than I was expecting and could not help but wonder.

Anyways, car was in pretty good shape. There were some marks in the clear coat on the hood that I had them buff out for me which was not a big deal. Some of the plastic still stuck in the gap between the front bumper and fenders which needed to be removed. One of the corners of my glass roof was just a bit high. Maybe 2mm at the highpoint. Not a huge thing but not quite flush as intended. The seal around it looked okay, but I'm guessing something was a bit off when it got placed. I was not sure redoing it would make it much better and may end up worse, so I'm just going to do my best to forget about it. I was a bit worried it would cause some wind noise but I don't notice anything from up there when driving. The driver door seal at the top rear corner is not well fit and has some ripples or creases but window seems to go up without issue and I don't hear any wind noise, so I guess it will be okay. Honestly did not notice it until I got home.

The gaps were consistent on the interior and exterior and are better than early Model 3s I have been in. I went over the car in more detail than I have with other new car purchases in the past. My friend who got his 3 early on had a lot of issues and rattles, so I was expecting more problems. Overall, not perfect but I'm happy. In fact, I'm thinking there have been pretty good improvement from early Model 3s.

Blue/black M3P:
Ordered late night 1/14. Delivered 2/18
I agree, I would be a little confused and ask about the 28 miles...that seems like a lot.
5 weeks to delivery is good feedback. I am hoping to complete my delivery within 6 weeks (before end of Feb.)...I have a feeling my VIN is coming today, now if I could just go to sleep.

OD: 2/2 after midnight - W/B
ATL, GA
EDD: Feb - March
Current EDD: March 2 - March 30 (typo from last post)
Did receive the 1-2wk VIN text.
No EDD change, No VIN

I wonder if this is due to the Fremont retooling and the people that got texts are when production resumes. Interesting, the timing of it along with investor day.

Someone else's phone was paired to my car, so I guess I have my answer on if it got used for test drives before I picked it up. Don't love that someone else played with the car I ordered. Guess there is nothing I can do as I did not technically own the car until I took delivery. Just a heads up to everyone waiting. I guess you better pick up your car as soon as it gets there as they will feel free to loan it out to other people before you take delivery on cars ordered and they won't tell you when you pick it up.

Last edited:
Someone else's phone was paired to my car so I guess I have my answer on if it got used for test drives before I picked it up. Don't love that someone else played with the car I ordered. Guess there is nothing I can do as I did not technically own the car until I took delivery. Just a heads up to everyone waiting. I guess you better pick up your car as soon as it gets there as they will feel free to loan it out to other people before you take delivery on cars ordered and they won't tell you when you pick it up.
I feel like that’s unacceptable. We ordered a brand new BMW last year and I would’ve been pissed if there were additional miles from a test drive added on the vehicle. For one, I want to do the break-in myself, obviously EV this doesn’t apply except for the brakes. No pun intended.
Also for a new car I want to get PPF right away so if there are any rock chips on the hood prior to that, heads are gonna roll.
Your $250 fee reserved a specific vehicle that wasn’t a demo and wouldn’t be built otherwise. Yes, although you can’t do anything about it now, and whatever is done is done but I wouldn’t be happy about it.

Reactions: Clover and hobertg
Someone else's phone was paired to my car, so I guess I have my answer on if it got used for test drives before I picked it up. Don't love that someone else played with the car I ordered. Guess there is nothing I can do as I did not technically own the car until I took delivery. Just a heads up to everyone waiting. I guess you better pick up your car as soon as it gets there as they will feel free to loan it out to other people before you take delivery on cars ordered and they won't tell you when you pick it up.
How many miles were on it when you picked it up?