Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text to schedule delivery! Its been a wild ride so far, very excited to get behind the wheel.

Boca Raton, FL
M3P MSM/Black
OD 1/25 pm
1st EDD: Jan - Feb
2nd EDD: Feb 26 - March 31 (changed on 1/31)
3rd EDD: Feb 22 - March 22 (changed on 2/14)
4th EDD: March 2 - March 9 (changed on 2/16)
VIN assigned 2/16
DD scheduled for 3/5

Delivery day in NJ. Of course it started raining the second I got out to the car. But very solid build. A little dirty in spots inside, but that was it. The one next to me did have condensation in the taillight. I enjoyed it for the 30 minute ride to drop it off for tint/ceramic/PPF. So another week now before I get it back and truly get a feel for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230222_174243484.jpg
    PXL_20230222_174243484.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 117
  • PXL_20230222_174226996.jpg
    PXL_20230222_174226996.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 81
can someone plz explain this, if I’m getting new insurance once I get my vin and don’t have auto insurance currently, how am I supposed to bring a copy? (First car sorry if this is a bad question) thx

Attachments

• 439F53E4-4BEF-42FC-B4E4-66EB8059601E.jpeg
    439F53E4-4BEF-42FC-B4E4-66EB8059601E.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 81
can someone plz explain this, if I’m getting new insurance once I get my vin and don’t have auto insurance currently, how am I supposed to bring a copy? (First car sorry if this is a bad question) thx
You'll have to arrange insurance once you get the VIN. You'll have a few days between getting the VIN and delivery. So you end up paying for a few days where you don't have the car.

Reactions: jacobwazny
Once you have your Vin , you can get new insurance and then you should be provided an insurance card (usually digitally) from your new insurance company. You would then just provide that either before you pick up in the app or when you pick up.

Delivery date 02/25 (my birthday) woot!
Got to pick him up early (today)! Thanks for the emotional support everyone. OD: 01/30, Delivered: 02/22

Saw a small scuff mark on front bumper. Don't think I'll claim this as the wrap folks will probably buff it out.

rear driver passenger rubber door lining kind of stuck out in one spot.

Didn't come with a regular outlet charger. Rep said they stopped giving those out. 😑

Getting wrap and tint soon.

Attachments

• 20230222_135107.jpg
    20230222_135107.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20230222_150246.jpg
    20230222_150246.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
If you have decided which insurance company you are going to use and an agent for that company, as soon as you get the VIN #, call the agent and give them the VIN. If you haven't discussed it yet, you'll need to decide on coverage levels. All the agent will need is a VIN and what coverage levels you want. As mentioned, you will get a paper insurance card or a digital card. Simply provide one to Tesla as proof.

If you have decided which insurance company you are going to use and an agent for that company, as soon as you get the VIN #, call the agent and give them the VIN. If you haven't discussed it yet, you'll need to decide on coverage levels. All the agent will need is a VIN and what coverage levels you want. As mentioned, you will get a paper insurance card or a digital card. Simply provide one to Tesla as proof.
Anyone encountering the need to provide contact info of the lien holder to your insurance provider before they give you your paperwork to provide to Tesla?

Got to pick him up early (today)! Thanks for the emotional support everyone. OD: 01/30, Delivered: 02/22

Saw a small scuff mark on front bumper. Don't think I'll claim this as the wrap folks will probably buff it out.

rear driver passenger rubber door lining kind of stuck out in one spot.

Didn't come with a regular outlet charger. Rep said they stopped giving those out. 😑

Getting wrap and tint soon.
Congratulations! I notice those views from the mountains. We’re practically neighbors. Well…unless the city approves the apartments. Haha
Where did you pick up? Vellejo or Sac?

Reactions: K1LLU4
I just discovered this thread and planning to jump ships from MYLR to M3P. Can anyone with a Feb order provide any update. Much appreciated. Thank You
I ordered 2/10 and haven’t heard a peep. Kind of bummed as I’ve seen a bunch of people get updated EDD’s a few days after their order. I’ve heard a few rumors of a possible re-tool though so I’ll be optimistic lol