Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello NC people - not sure if this provides hope/frustration but I have my pick-up set for March 3rd in Raleigh. I ordered a M3P on 1/25 white/black so if you were around that date, I would expect your delivery to fall earlier in the period vs. later but I have given up on trying to make any sense of delivery vs. order date at this point.
I hope your right I ordered on 2/1 and still haven’t received my vin yet.

The sales rep at the dealership told me they're expecting it to not change at least until Mar 31st.
Nope. It is not the end of March, it is that "in March" the treasury will release guidelines that were already delayed. It has been said over and over on here and in other threads, do not think that because you saw March listed without a specific date that it is the end of the month. Tesla was saying by March, meaning they could only say it would qualify until March when new guidance is released. Most have been expecting the beginning of the month but I don't think that is based on anything real either. There has just been a lot of wishful thinking or assumptions made not based on any info from the treasury which has not provided any new updates.

Nope. It is not the end of March, it is that "in March" the treasury will release guidelines that were already delayed. It has been said over and over on here and in other threads, do not think that because you saw March listed without a specific date that it is the end of the month. Tesla was saying by March, meaning they could only say it would qualify until March when new guidance is released. Most have been expecting the beginning of the month but I don't think that is based on anything real either. There has just been a lot of wishful thinking or assumptions made not based on any info from the treasury which has not provided any new updates.

That's not the point I was making. The Tesla SAs are boldly making such claims. Either way, if it comes out at the beginning or end of March, the guidance would apparently have a 60-day comment period. Which means the earliest it could go into effect in May.

Source - A Closer Look At Forthcoming Tax Guidance On Electric Vehicle Credits

Reactions: Kmaya
Curious as to how many people on here had their delivery set for 2/27 or 2/28 and then had it pushed to 3/1. The plano tx delivery location has a ton of new cars parked out front but was mostly quiet this evening. Wondering if it’s just pushed to March to boost the numbers of March in case new tax rules cause some cancellations. Mine was set for the 28 and then bumped unexpectedly.