Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P Blue/Black Ordered: 1/25 with Enhanced Autopilot Changed
Order: 1/26 to remove Enhanced Autopilot
EDD: Feb-Mar -> Feb 21-March 21 VIN 2/21 New Estimated Delivery: March 04 - March 13
Made payment 2/22
2/2/27 Updated EDD March 04 - March 10
3/2 Updated EDD March 01 - March 10
3/2 - got my text to schedule delivery. scheduled for march 7.

just got text "our Model 3 is slightly delayed in transit and will not make it before your current scheduled delivery appointment on 3/7. We apologize for the inconvenience."

new delivery date 3/11

Picked up today. Everything seemed to be as it should be...but I did notice the bottom of my steering wheel leather looked to be poorly stitched. Anyone else seeing this on theirs?

Steering Wheel.png

OD: 2/8 - M3P, White/Black, Standard AP
Santa Clara, CA
No VIN Yet
Orig EDD: Feb - March
EDD Update on 2/10: Feb 19 - March 19
EDD Update on 2/20: Feb 23 - March 9
EDD Update on 2/24: Feb 27 - March 13
EDD Update on 3/01: March 1 - March 13
EDD Update 2 on 3/01: March 2 - March 13
EDD Update on 3/03: March 3 - March 13

Well it almost sounds like they don't really know.

OD: 2/8 - M3P, White/Black, Standard AP
Santa Clara, CA
No VIN Yet
Orig EDD: Feb - March
EDD Update on 2/10: Feb 19 - March 19
EDD Update on 2/20: Feb 23 - March 9
EDD Update on 2/24: Feb 27 - March 13
EDD Update on 3/01: March 1 - March 13
EDD Update 2 on 3/01: March 2 - March 13
EDD Update on 3/03: March 3 - March 13

Well it almost sounds like they don't really know.
Lol that’s wild. I ordered just two days after you (2/10) White/White and I’m still on my original EDD of 3/5-3/31.

(moderator note)

TL ; DR

After thinking about this for quite some time, I have decided to no longer enforce "only model specific waiting rooms" in the model 3 subforum. This means, in effect, that I will no longer merge all waiting room type posts into one of these three waiting rooms (SR+/RWD -- LR---Performance).

People will be free to make other waiting rooms if they so desire.
====================================================

(A bit more context - fairly long)

The reason I previously enforced "only 3 model specific waiting rooms, instead of various regional waiting room" is because there isnt that much that can be sleuthed out about Teslas delivery process by splitting it up by region.

Additionally, it becomes a slippery slope.

Someone makes "California waiting room",
Someone else makes " California - Southern California" waiting room,
Then someone else makes "California - SoCal - Los Angeles Red Model 3" waiting room
Then "California - Los Angeles - Red / White - 19s, Ordered after Jan 2023" waiting room,
Then you finally end up with someone creating - "California - Los Angeles - By Randys Doughnuts -Blue / White - 19s, Spoiler ordered between Jan 15 and Feb 30 Waiting room"

For evidence of this, one only needs to look at the model Y subforum, and see the first couple pages of the Model Y ordering subforum for proof:

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.30.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.30.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.31.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 7.31.26 PM.png

These various waiting rooms take over the first couple of pages of that subforum, and basically become separate threads for a few people each in the specific circumstance to chat back and forth about stuff, and (im)patiently wait, together.

Even with the above, however, this makes the model 3 subforum different than the model Y subforum, for no reason other than I didnt want it to look like the above. I have decided that in this case, letting people (im)patiently wait in all those separate threads isnt necessarily a bad thing, if thats something people want to do. So, If people want to make various waiting rooms for regions, and areas, go for it, I will no longer force merge them back into these threads.

When asking TSLA for an update:

Their response was:

“VIN assignment is 100% automated. Your delivery date depends on several factors, including configuration and manufacturing availability.
Your current estimated delivery window in your account shows to be Feb-March, this is subject to change. We will not have any further insight until a VIN has been assigned. We'll notify you when it's time to schedule your delivery appointment.”

All we can do is wait. Not even SA’s know the status. Can’t blame em though

Last edited:
Finally the 510 text saying 1-2 weeks for VIN! Ordered on 1/17 so it took 41 days to get some news? Or was it because I went to the showroom and “ask”?

Well, at least there’s light at the end of the tunnel…
EDD been updated to 3/3 to 3/13… it’s been 3 days since the 1-2 weeks VIN Text.

So today, without the car - went and made appointment for PPF (matte finish), ceramic tint all around including windshield, ceramic coating. Already spending money even before delivery… dang!

Reactions: Katners