Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD been updated to 3/3 to 3/13… it’s been 3 days since the 1-2 weeks VIN Text.

So today, without the car - went and made appointment for PPF (matte finish), ceramic tint all around including windshield, ceramic coating. Already spending money even before delivery… dang!
Rooting for you!!! I haven’t visited since I posted I got my car, but wanted to see if there was an update for you. Hope she comes soon!! I’m getting ppf and the works done next week on mine! Been itching to drive her but want her in best condition for the protection!

Reactions: Affan786
EDD got pushed back again today with still no VIN. Every day getting the tax credit looks less likely as they still have to ship the car out by boat.

M3P Blue/Black
Oahu, HI
Ordered: 01/27
EDD1: Feb - Mar
EDD2: 1 - 31 Mar
EDD3: 3 - 31 Mar
EDD4: 15 - 31 Mar
No VIN yet.

Feeling good with new wheels and tires on my new M3P Hoping to go for a mountain drive and take some pictures soon. It was fun when they tire shop asked for the car's milage and it was barely over 100. Every time I go out to the car, it still feels special, which has been cool since I normally feel major buyers remorse after big purchases. The wait sucks, but it may make it feel more special once you do get it. I hope you all like yours as much as I like mine. One thing I find myself doing a little too often is blasting off from a light. You make no noise, so it does not feel like you drawing attention, but how fast you put distance on others has got to still draw a cops eye. I'll be curious to see if anyone else takes off as well or are you still worried about getting tickets.

Reactions: Sanzen
Rooting for you!!! I haven’t visited since I posted I got my car, but wanted to see if there was an update for you. Hope she comes soon!! I’m getting ppf and the works done next week on mine! Been itching to drive her but want her in best condition for the protection!
Katners — I haven’t been on here since I got my VIN, but TODAY IS THE SPECIAL DELIVERY DAY!!!! Just got 6 hr to go SUPER EXCITED!!!

OD: 1/21 - M3P MSM/Black
1st EDD Feb 28 - Mar 27
2nd EDD Feb 22 - Mar 22
3rd EDD Mar 4 - March 11 (02/15)
Just received VIN (02/15)
Delivery March 5th.

North Carolina

Attachments

• 02A52094-236B-48BB-A4D6-10BC8CCC32D7.jpeg
    02A52094-236B-48BB-A4D6-10BC8CCC32D7.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Katners
OD 1/24 M3P Tulsa, Oklahoma
EDD Jan-Feb (OK)
EDD2 2/15-3/15 (I Understand)
EDD3 2/19-3/5 (feeling better)
EDD4 2/25-3/11 (ouch, wrong way)
EDD5 2/26-3/4 (whew, thats better)
VIN 2/20 (finally)…app requirements completed.

2/27 EDD6 3/1-3/10
3/1 EDD7 3/2-3/11
3/3 EDD8 3/4-3/13
3/5 EDD9 3/5-3/13

Feeling good with new wheels and tires on my new M3P Hoping to go for a mountain drive and take some pictures soon. It was fun when they tire shop asked for the car's milage and it was barely over 100. Every time I go out to the car, it still feels special, which has been cool since I normally feel major buyers remorse after big purchases. The wait sucks, but it may make it feel more special once you do get it. I hope you all like yours as much as I like mine. One thing I find myself doing a little too often is blasting off from a light. You make no noise, so it does not feel like you drawing attention, but how fast you put distance on others has got to still draw a cops eye. I'll be curious to see if anyone else takes off as well or are you still worried about getting tickets.
What wheels did you get?

Thank you @Katners!

I guess Tesla don’t like us that live too close to them - LOL
EDD just slipped to 3/5 to 3/14 this morning.. 😵‍💫

And the first available PPF appointment I can get is 5/1… lots of Tesla owners on the Peninsula getting PPF

My delivery has been scheduled for next Sunday. (Reno, NV)

I'm not sure the exact order date, because there was some confusion about unlocking an order I placed last year, but I think it finally got unlocked on Feb 22. So only about 2.5 weeks from order to delivery.

Last edited:
M3P White Ext/Black Int
OD 03/01/23
No Vin
1st/current EDD: March

Walked down to the factory yesterday (I live close), talked to the folks in the showroom about 2 things:
Question 1: "I heard some people in the forums were able to transfer their M3P order over to a M3LR. Is this possible?"
Answer 1: "No, we put a stop to that."

Question 2: "Are there any M3Ps available for test drive? I didn't see any out on the lot."
Answer 2: "No."

For context, I asked about test driving a M3P about 3 weeks ago and they said one was available if I get on their standard waiting list. Now, it seems this is not possible.

Interestingly, I did not see any M3P in the delivery lot either. Lots of SR+ and MY variants. But no performance. I did, however, see several M3Ps sitting "in the back" - peeking through the fence (yes, I did) into final assembly/testing/QA 'tent' area.

Not sure what these observations are worth, but I figured it'd be fun to start a speculation bonanza. Begin!

Reactions: Sanzen
M3P White Ext/Black Int
OD 03/01/23
No Vin
1st/current EDD: March

Walked down to the factory yesterday (I live close), talked to the folks in the showroom about 2 things:
Question 1: "I heard some people in the forums were able to transfer their M3P order over to a M3LR. Is this possible?"
Answer 1: "No, we put a stop to that."

Question 2: "Are there any M3Ps available for test drive? I didn't see any out on the lot."
Answer 2: "No."

For context, I asked about test driving a M3P about 3 weeks ago and they said one was available if I get on their standard waiting list. Now, it seems this is not possible.

Interestingly, I did not see any M3P in the delivery lot either. Lots of SR+ and MY variants. But no performance. I did, however, see several M3Ps sitting "in the back" - peeking through the fence (yes, I did) into final assembly/testing/QA 'tent' area.

Not sure what these observations are worth, but I figured it'd be fun to start a speculation bonanza. Begin!
Another poster above did the same thing I did - ordered the RWD and converted it to a LR AWD - the people at the showroom have to do it for you, they put in a ticket and then someone somewhere else changes it. Took about an hour for mine to switch. Of course, had I known then what I know now about the shifting dates, I'd have just purchased the M3P in blue they had at the lot... oh well, live and learn.

OD 1/24 M3P Tulsa, Oklahoma
EDD Jan-Feb (OK)
EDD2 2/15-3/15 (I Understand)
EDD3 2/19-3/5 (feeling better)
EDD4 2/25-3/11 (ouch, wrong way)
EDD5 2/26-3/4 (whew, thats better)
VIN 2/20 (finally)…app requirements completed.

2/27 EDD6 3/1-3/10
3/1 EDD7 3/2-3/11
3/3 EDD8 3/4-3/13
3/5 EDD9 3/5-3/13
3/6 EDD10 3/6-3/13