Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 2/2 just after midnight - White/Black
ATL, GA
Original EDD: Feb - March
2/7: March 2 - March 30
Did receive the 1-2wk VIN text on 2/17
No EDD changes this whole period.
3/3: EDD update to 3/13-3/31
3/4: VIN received. EDD Updated to 3/22-3/28
3/11: EDD update to 3/16-3/25
3/16: Can now schedule, earliest is 24th but I work so 25th it is. I hope this can be bumped up but we'll see.
7w2d from OD.
If you message them, they should be able to bump you up, but it will depend on when it is actually scheduled to arrive at the shop. I was able to move it up 2-3 days from the earliest date they initially gave me, which was a day I could not leave work to get. I also had to deal with driving over from Alabama. Fingers crossed that you get it sooner!

Reactions: zhulander
If you message them, they should be able to bump you up, but it will depend on when it is actually scheduled to arrive at the shop. I was able to move it up 2-3 days from the earliest date they initially gave me, which was a day I could not leave work to get. I also had to deal with driving over from Alabama. Fingers crossed that you get it sooner!
Thanks! That's what I did immediately after getting the option to finally schedule. They did tell me the car is set to arrive anytime 18/19th with the possible final delivery date being 20-22nd but for now the 25th is the placeholder they have.

Fingers crossed I get it sooner. Definitely have been on the longer end of the range here along with one other that's been waiting for an additional 2wks. 😬

Last edited:
I checked waiting for tesla every day… HI shows 7 M3 just now with 1 M3P in White/Black.
Hopefully you got the MSM I saw last night.
This just blows…

There is 1 MSM/Black in Fremont, CA - checked Tesla Website and confirmed.
Chat with an agent - they can’t put me on this “accelerated delivery” unit since my delivery center is Sunnyvale, CA (literally just across the bridge) and the agent cannot change the delivery center - it is “automatically” assigned when the order was placed. I can‘t request a change either.
The agent told me to go ahead and pay another $250 to order this ”accelerated delivery” unit, then the agent will communicate both RN# with the Fremont Delivery Center and let them know I already got another order but was assigned to Sunnyvale. They can then “consider” the refund of the first $250 order fee.
I know there is a risk of not getting the first $250, I said fine I’ll go ahead and place the order. The agent stopped me and said with the new order I will need to complete the first 3 milestone “again” - including another financing tab, which will do another credit check! I wasn’t thrill about that but since EOM is approaching (a.k.a. the federal tax thing) I’ll take a few points hit on my credit report. Let’s go!

Well, the car was gone by the time I hit the pay button! What the……

Back on the waiting wagon - dang it my order was placed on 1/17!

This just blows…

There is 1 MSM/Black in Fremont, CA - checked Tesla Website and confirmed.
Chat with an agent - they can’t put me on this “accelerated delivery” unit since my delivery center is Sunnyvale, CA (literally just across the bridge) and the agent cannot change the delivery center - it is “automatically” assigned when the order was placed. I can‘t request a change either.
The agent told me to go ahead and pay another $250 to order this ”accelerated delivery” unit, then the agent will communicate both RN# with the Fremont Delivery Center and let them know I already got another order but was assigned to Sunnyvale. They can then “consider” the refund of the first $250 order fee.
I know there is a risk of not getting the first $250, I said fine I’ll go ahead and place the order. The agent stopped me and said with the new order I will need to complete the first 3 milestone “again” - including another financing tab, which will do another credit check! I wasn’t thrill about that but since EOM is approaching (a.k.a. the federal tax thing) I’ll take a few points hit on my credit report. Let’s go!

Well, the car was gone by the time I hit the pay button! What the……

Back on the waiting wagon - dang it my order was placed on 1/17!
This earlier communication was done with the chat function.

Just now I got a call from Tesla with a 725 area code, and the agent on the phone told me to call the boutique where the unit is at, they will switch the order over without needing to place a new order and go through the first 3 milestones…

This is update #3 within the last 40 min:

After the Tesla area code 725 call, I decide to bite the bullet and call Corte Madera and take the car. After being put on hold for 15 min, I was connected to an agent, which tried to look up the car BUT couldn’t find it. SMH..WTH….

He said it shows there is one in Fremont (AGAIN?? REALLY) but he couldn‘t transfer me but I’ll have to call Fremont directly. SMH again.

I called Fremont, again put on hold.. about 10 min.. an agent picked up. Go through the script again and he said YES, they have 1 white M3P and 1 MSM M3P on the lot. FINALLY some good news. He went ahead looked up my account, found my RN# and matched it with the MSM M3P on their lot. Right away, my app refreshed with a VIN, but with a warning message - something that I need to go the my account on their website (not the app) to accept - it has to do with the sensors thingy. The agent told me to go online now but the unit is now locked to my account, and he ended the call. Knocked that out immediately and the app refreshes again and the insurance tab is active. Took a picture of my current insurance (not with the Tesla VIN), added the insurance company name, policy number, and expiration date. Within a few minutes I got the 510 text telling me its time to schedule delivery! Now they are rushing me….

Scheduled my delivery for this weekend, and the final payment tab is activate. Linked my bank account (they use Plaid for most major banks) and all seems to be done. The only tabs that are not activate are “review agreements“ and “delivery day”. It did say the “review agreements” tab will be available within 24 hours of delivery appointment.

The wait is almost over!

I just got the same for my delivery. Only date allowed was the 25th, Denver
My bad luck in CO Springs, only days that were available for me to schedule delivery were 27,28,29 when I got my text today. Problem is I will be in Orlando 26th to 31st for my daughters make-a-wish vacation. I texted my rep asking if I could move my delivery up to the 25th or something and they told me "We are facing some weather-related logistics delays. As of right now, it does not look like the vehicle will be available before the 26th." Looks like I'm probably going to miss out on the $7500. App won't even let me select April dates for delivery. This sucks.

After the Tesla area code 725 call, I decide to bite the bullet and call Corte Madera and take the car. After being put on hold for 15 min, I was connected to an agent, which tried to look up the car BUT couldn’t find it. SMH..WTH….

He said it shows there is one in Fremont (AGAIN?? REALLY) but he couldn‘t transfer me but I’ll have to call Fremont directly. SMH again.

I called Fremont, again put on hold.. about 10 min.. an agent picked up. Go through the script again and he said YES, they have 1 white M3P and 1 MSM M3P on the lot. FINALLY some good news. He went ahead looked up my account, found my RN# and matched it with the MSM M3P on their lot. Right away, my app refreshed with a VIN, but with a warning message - something that I need to go the my account on their website (not the app) to accept - it has to do with the sensors thingy. The agent told me to go online now but the unit is now locked to my account, and he ended the call. Knocked that out immediately and the app refreshes again and the insurance tab is active. Took a picture of my current insurance (not with the Tesla VIN), added the insurance company name, policy number, and expiration date. Within a few minutes I got the 510 text telling me its time to schedule delivery! Now they are rushing me….

Scheduled my delivery for this weekend, and the final payment tab is activate. Linked my bank account (they use Plaid for most major banks) and all seems to be done. The only tabs that are not activate are “review agreements“ and “delivery day”. It did say the “review agreements” tab will be available within 24 hours of delivery appointment.

The wait is almost over!
Congrats. Yeah I felt pretty bad for ya haha. Glad it worked out in the end!

Ended up changing to white/black M3P that showed up in inventory, really wanted Blue, but not worth risking the tax rebate. Delivery scheduled at Fremont Factory for 3/20!! I’m sure the white will grow on me, and I saved an extra $1k
Well the blue/black one ended up becoming available 2 hours after the white one, so switched back and am getting my blue M3P same delivery 3/20!

Reactions: MrRJDio
Update:
OD 2/23 M3P White Rochester NY
EDD Feb - Mar 2023
VIN assigned 3/13
Delivery scheduled for 3/18

Used waitingfortesla.com Discord alerts - found a M3P on site in Brooklyn (while on vacation, at the beach in FL) that was available for accelerated delivery, slightly different configuration. White/White. Texted SA and asked if it was possible to take delivery of this car on Saturday the 18th as I wouldn't return from vacation until 3/14. After they confirmed, they assigned the VIN to my account, and scheduled delivery for Saturday the 18th. Two more sleeps!

@Impolite FYI.
Congrats! Enjoy it!

The wait is almost over!
Glad that you were able to find one for yourself and the wait is almost over! I was able to snag the MSM in Hawaii but was not able to get in contact with anyone at Tesla to make the transfer on the backend and was concerned that someone else might snag it. So I put another $250 deposit down and ended up having to redo my registration details and trade in. They actually ended up giving me more money for my trade in than their previous offer. The next day I went down to the showroom and the advisors there told me the same thing about they could put in a request to get my original $250 deposit fee credited toward this MSM one but we will see if Tesla actually honors it or not. I completed all of my pre-delivery tasks today so just waiting for their call to schedule delivery...

Reactions: spdline2k
My bad luck in CO Springs, only days that were available for me to schedule delivery were 27,28,29 when I got my text today. Problem is I will be in Orlando 26th to 31st for my daughters make-a-wish vacation. I texted my rep asking if I could move my delivery up to the 25th or something and they told me "We are facing some weather-related logistics delays. As of right now, it does not look like the vehicle will be available before the 26th." Looks like I'm probably going to miss out on the $7500. App won't even let me select April dates for delivery. This sucks.
Yikes. Sorry to see this. I don't know it if would help, but maybe you can call your rep and quickly explain your situation to see if they can work something out. You're not doing this because you're entitled and impatient in my opinion. Maybe they can close the deal before the car arrives for you and keep it separate while you are away. I will say, make sure you ask them not to use it for test drives. The Denver center used mine for test drives before I was able to pick it up, which kind of sucks. Wishing you and your family the best.