Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone new poster and hopefully soon new Tesla owner.

If I get the RWD SR+ can I upgrade to Premium Connectivity? The Tesla website only seems to have the original announcement of the feature that I’m guessing is out of date.

Thanks

I suspect this will come as soon as Tesla start charging for renewal.
In theory, all cars which have it will need to renew it on an annual basis after delivery. Expected cost is $100 per year.
Right now, Tesla haven't actually charged anyone.

I suspect this will come as soon as Tesla start charging for renewal.
In theory, all cars which have it will need to renew it on an annual basis after delivery. Expected cost is $100 per year.
Right now, Tesla haven't actually charged anyone.
I also hope that Tesla do some type of "Spotify/Netflix/iTunes" subscription service (Free/Standard/Premium tier) with app store on a monthly/yearly payment that allows users to have access to better features. Could be the next "iPhone" on the road!

I also hope that Tesla allow thing such as Zap-map etc to show other charging networks on the map and also allow Tesla users to pay through the Car for charging at these other Suppliers (Mercedes EQC 400 has this built in to save the hassle of multiple accounts).

The report I read said that video streaming would only be enabled over WiFi, and because of that Tesla were intending to install WiFi at all Supercharger locations.

That would be pretty cool and makes more sense than using a ton of mobile data. Apart from when Supercharging, I can't think of many other scenarios where I would choose to sit in the car for any length of time watching videos.

Anyway, I hope this means that the web browser is actually going to work properly. I don't think newbies are likely to be aware just how poor the current web browser experience is!

Reactions: PrGrPa
The report I read said that video streaming would only be enabled over WiFi, and because of that Tesla were intending to install WiFi at all Supercharger locations.
Ah I guess that makes sense, they probably have internet for the superchargers to communicate anyway. Either way I recon the charging will start when v10 is released.